Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 13, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #392 of 686
Hey guys never mind. Just bought me a pair of Jomo Flamencos. They’ll be here in a few days!

Look forward to your impressions. Are you using a DAP or phone? I find they scale quite well. I even use them with Chord DAVE sometimes at home.

Anyway Flamenco remains my favorite IEM after trying countless flagships. :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:00 AM Post #393 of 686
The Flamenco may have it in the musicality and body departments. But then again, I haven't heard the Brass Trinity yet. :wink:

Now I am very interested to try the rest of Jomo’s line up.

In fact I was disappointed to learn that Mojo/Poly doesn’t sound as good as I had expected. I’ve been using a Gen 1 FiiO X3 as a amp/dac with Apple Music.

I really doubt that the improvement is that distinct compared to say AK240. Guess I like AK’s sound.

Now I’d like to try out iFi xCAN & xDSD among with Modi/Magni 3 combo and Jotunheim. Rather annoyed with such pathetic marginal sonic improvements.

In fact, I’d rather pay SGD3000++ for a Trinity than a new source. Improvement is a lot more distinct and substantial to my ears.

Just my two cents worth, ymmv :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #395 of 686
The Flamenco may have it in the musicality and body departments. But then again, I haven't heard the Brass Trinity yet. :wink:
Hey Daniel. I spy with my little eye, something beginning with "B"...
Trinity.JPG

Dec 15, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #397 of 686
Anyone care to share some cable wisdom with Flamenco pairing? My Flamenco re-shell should be done sometime in the next 47 years, so naturally I'm looking at cable options. Silver? Copper? Unobtanium?

-Collin-

Dec 15, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #399 of 686
Anyone care to share some cable wisdom with Flamenco pairing? My Flamenco re-shell should be done sometime in the next 47 years, so naturally I'm looking at cable options. Silver? Copper? Unobtanium?

-Collin-

I found the pairing with Effect Audio’s Leo-Mars hybrid (2L+2M) to be outstanding. :D

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #400 of 686
Loving my Flamencos, but tempted everyday by Trinity.

Honestly, if Trinity = Flamenco details/musicality + DD bass + big soundstage I can retire happy. Mostly bcos I'll be broke.
Not realy tempted actually by the trinity. I am awaiting more returns. I have owned and/or tried some hybrids Iems ( Hyla CE5, Solaris, Legend X, Fourte, W900 and others) and at date still prefer full BA or mono driver systems like KSE 1500, Lcdi4 or T8ie. Perhaps the trinity will be the good choice but for the moment my best are Flamenco as all rounders and KSE 1500 for classical.

Dec 15, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #401 of 686

-Collin-

No comment from me as an Ares peasant.. :)

I’m using a Chord Mojo. The DAVE sounds like an amazing pairing!

Can't go wrong w/ the Mojo. Look forward to reading your Flamenco impressions.

Not realy tempted actually by the trinity. I am awaiting more returns. I have owned and/or tried some hybrids Iems ( Hyla CE5, Solaris, Legend X, Fourte, W900 and others) and at date still prefer full BA or mono driver systems like KSE 1500, Lcdi4 or T8ie. Perhaps the trinity will be the good choice but for the moment my best are Flamenco as all rounders and KSE 1500 for classical.

I also always lean towards full BA. I like the idea of hybrids but have yet to hear one w/o flaw, at least my definition of flaw. I do have much higher hopes towards Trinity though, perhaps a bit blindly because Flamenco has nurtured my faith and confidence in Jomo tuning.

Dec 15, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #402 of 686
No comment from me as an Ares peasant.. :)

Can't go wrong w/ the Mojo. Look forward to reading your Flamenco impressions.

I also always lean towards full BA. I like the idea of hybrids but have yet to hear one w/o flaw, at least my definition of flaw. I do have much higher hopes towards Trinity though, perhaps a bit blindly because Flamenco has nurtured my faith and confidence in Jomo tuning.

+1 i like the idea but have always founded something unnatural on the hybrids tried. I think it is hard to mix different drivers systems together. When I was young I have owned a lot of big or very big audiophile systems with a mix of different types of loundspeakers and only one was realy incredible in natural, flawless and musicality: it was the HQD Mark Levinson. I met Mark Levinson in Paris in 1976. The system was composed with 2 Hartley dynamic subwoofer in diameter 46cms for bass, 4 Quad electrostatic ESL panels and 2 Decca Kelly ribbon modified by Mark for the treeble. He explained me that the mix between dynamic, electrostatic and ribbon was so difficult he had to create amplifiers, pre amplifiers and electronic filters just for this system. It was the best I never listened at date and I don’t know if the « Levinson » for Iems is already born.

A7C9311C-7ACD-42F6-B6D2-3D988B9E039B.jpeg

7D6DE8DF-AEAD-4508-85F7-74F26D6A44BF.jpeg

AA12C32C-DE4D-4E90-A979-6DC3F54FD3CC.jpeg

C0722DD7-943C-46A4-A938-6FB514EFF03F.jpeg

I have not had enough place for the 2 subwoofer and replaced them by an electrovoice 80cms.

Attachments

• 9B401483-C32A-4129-B71E-8A0065F91D73.jpeg
    9B401483-C32A-4129-B71E-8A0065F91D73.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 15, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #403 of 686
$2750 for Trinity vs. $2400 for Khan vs. $2300 for Z1R vs. $1500 for Solaris...

If I end up liking all of them, might just end up getting whichever one goes on sale first :sweat_smile:

Just to clarify are you talking about the left kidney or right kidney to fund it?

Dec 15, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #404 of 686
Dec 15, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #405 of 686
+1 i like the idea but have always founded something unnatural on the hybrids tried. I think it is hard to mix different drivers systems together. When I was young I have owned a lot of big or very big audiophile systems with a mix of different types of loundspeakers and only one was realy incredible in natural, flawless and musicality: it was the HQD Mark Levinson. I met Mark Levinson in Paris in 1976. The system was composed with 2 Hartley dynamic subwoofer in diameter 46cms for bass, 4 Quad electrostatic ESL panels and 2 Decca Kelly ribbon modified by Mark for the treeble. He explained me that the mix between dynamic, electrostatic and ribbon was so difficult he had to create amplifiers, pre amplifiers and electronic filters just for this system. It was the best I never listened at date and I don’t know if the « Levinson » for Iems is already born.

I have not had enough place for the 2 subwoofer and replaced them by an electrovoice 80cms.
TRINITY is a miniaturised version of that :grin:
I hope... :disappointed_relieved::fingers_crossed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back