Jomo Audio Impressions & Discussion Thread
Dec 11, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #361 of 686
I had both and not founded any difference. The only difference for me: the switches are easier to move on the V1. I prefer the look of the second shell but the results were the same for me. I have not founded realy any sonic difference. I have compared them with an SP 1000 connected to a Chord Mojo because of it 2 X 3,5mm output. I used for both the same cable: Pwaudio 1960 4 braids, one is in 2,5mm so I used a Pwaudio adaptor. I tested both on different music style and have realy not listened any difference between the two versions. I tested them with the bass switch up and the treeble one down on each pair.

7C0AD721-1AFA-41FD-B02D-4EFE6E16A43C.jpeg
F5A82BCC-D593-4ADA-8387-5E9BA0467E8F.jpeg
007214C2-62D0-4715-8260-6F4AC23517AB.jpeg

Attachments

• 184B2E9B-7F30-48DA-908C-8E47AA46E97B.jpeg
    184B2E9B-7F30-48DA-908C-8E47AA46E97B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #364 of 686
@popof94 They look gorgeous and you have a nice collection. Which IEM is your favorite in your collection?

I'll answer for him as we met last saturday, right now it's the KSE1500 but the Flamenco is in the top 3 if I am not mistaken.

Dec 11, 2018 at 7:54 PM Post #365 of 686
I'll answer for him as we met last saturday, right now it's the KSE1500 but the Flamenco is in the top 3 if I am not mistaken.

Both are in my top 5 as well. (Personally have the Flamenco over KSE1500)

Dec 11, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #366 of 686

Thank you for the answer. Next week I'll try KSE1500, you were really impressed by the sound if I remember correctly. I hope I won't hate my gears after listening...
These days Flamenco calling me and I keep resisting.

Dec 11, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #367 of 686
Thank you for the answer. Next week I'll try KSE1500, you were really impressed by the sound if I remember correctly. I hope I won't hate my gears after listening...
These days Flamenco calling me and I keep resisting.

I can understand @BananaOoyoo ranking the Flamenco above the KSE1500 but I don't think about gear in terms or rankings but flavors, although some are better than others most TOTL have strong technical foundations after that it's signature and preferences more than anything.

The KSE1500 are quite a special story as they are pretty unique sounding, and so transparent they almost don't have any specific signature. Hard to describe... this being said, having auditioned @popof94 Flamenco I can tell it's in the top 3 most impressive listen this year (aside from what I own).

The Flamenco are more lively and exciting with more body and weight, it kicks in the low and give you nice shimmer in the highs and mids are amazingly articulate and musical. Can't go wrong with them, especially with the switches it's highly versatile.

The KSE1500 is a smoother listen (non fatiguing) with just as much (if not more) detail but it's less pushed towards you it's highly natural, highly musical as well but with a very different presentation : it has an ethereal quality and I understand people who don't like it, who need body, weight some physicality. The KSE1500 doesn't add or take anything, some say it's boring, I'd say they're a conduit to pure music so yes you forget the gear it has no "personality of its own" so to speak like a blank slate that can receive what's in the music (if that makes sense).

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #368 of 686
I can understand @BananaOoyoo ranking the Flamenco above the KSE1500 but I don't think about gear in terms or rankings but flavors, although some are better than others most TOTL have strong technical foundations after that it's signature and preferences more than anything.

The KSE1500 are quite a special story as they are pretty unique sounding, and so transparent they almost don't have any specific signature. Hard to describe... this being said, having auditioned @popof94 Flamenco I can tell it's in the top 3 most impressive listen this year (aside from what I own).

The Flamenco are more lively and exciting with more body and weight, it kicks in the low and give you nice shimmer in the highs and mids are amazingly articulate and musical. Can't go wrong with them, especially with the switches it's highly versatile.

The KSE1500 is a smoother listen (non fatiguing) with just as much (if not more) detail but it's less pushed towards you it's highly natural, highly musical as well but with a very different presentation : it has an ethereal quality and I understand people who don't like it, who need body, weight some physicality. The KSE1500 doesn't add or take anything, some say it's boring, I'd say they're a conduit to pure music so yes you forget the gear it has no "personality of its own" so to speak like a blank slate that can receive what's in the music (if that makes sense).

Thank you for the great impressions!

I have heard lots of good things about KSE1500, and it seems it has way different sound signature than the balanced armature, dynamic or hybrid earphones. Now I am more curious than before.

For me, the most attractive things about Flamenco is its resolution and detail level. Every person who have listened or owned Flamenco talking about it's detail level. I've had Zeus-R before and it was pretty impressive in terms of resolution and detail, but somewhat it was lack of dynamism. I guess Flamenco is same level as Zeus and it is also dynamic and musical.

Thanks again

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #370 of 686
@popof94 They look gorgeous and you have a nice collection. Which IEM is your favorite in your collection?
David is right, KSE1500 and Flamenco are both my favorite but right now if I have to choose only 1 pair perhaps it will be the KSE1500. Dépend also what you are listening. I listen around 70% of classical and for classical I find the Shure perhaps better compared to Flamenco. My top five: KSE 1500, Flamenco, Lcdi4, Inear profile P8 and UE18+ pro V2.

My best All-Rounder: probably the Flamenco, my best for classical: KSE 1500.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #371 of 686
Thank you for the great impressions!

I have heard lots of good things about KSE1500, and it seems it has way different sound signature than the balanced armature, dynamic or hybrid earphones. Now I am more curious than before.

For me, the most attractive things about Flamenco is its resolution and detail level. Every person who have listened or owned Flamenco talking about it's detail level. I've had Zeus-R before and it was pretty impressive in terms of resolution and detail, but somewhat it was lack of dynamism. I guess Flamenco is same level as Zeus and it is also dynamic and musical.

Thanks again

Honestly, I agree with @davidmolliere - at that level of performance, you're really splitting hairs, and it's a question of preference more than anything. (Well, it's always about preference, but even more so when comparing two of the best IEMs out there.)

Personally, the fact that you're not forced into using the accompanying amp/dac, the ability to design your own IEM, and tuning switches would really be the main reasons I'd take Flamenco over KSE1500.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #372 of 686
David is right, KSE1500 and Flamenco are both my favorite but right now if I have to choose only 1 pair perhaps it will be the KSE1500. Dépend also what you are listening. I listen around 70% of classical and for classical I find the Shure perhaps better compared to Flamenco. My top five: KSE 1500, Flamenco, Lcdi4, Inear profile P8 and UE18+ pro V2.

My best All-Rounder: probably the Flamenco, my best for classical: KSE 1500.

Thank you for the answer. Apparently KSE1500 has very special tuning and electrostatic driver might be better for jazz, classical or some other easy listening genres. I need to listen KSE1500 ASAP.
Mainly listening EDM and ambient musics, so Flamenco suits better for me I believe.

Dec 12, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #373 of 686
Thank you for the answer. Apparently KSE1500 has very special tuning and electrostatic driver might be better for jazz, classical or some other easy listening genres. I need to listen KSE1500 ASAP.
Mainly listening EDM and ambient musics, so Flamenco suits better for me I believe.
That’s absolutely true. Very difficult to compare The Shure with BA or hybrids IEM cose they sound very different. I am fan of Jo Cocker and his last live is a good test because very hard to sound great with lot of Iems. My best experience was not with KSE 1500 or Flamenco but with the Solaris from @davidmolliere at our meetup. It was realy a big waowww. I listen only classical, jazz and voices and for these styles KSE are realy my best at day.

PS: i listened Joe Coker on the Solaris with David 1Z and alo continental V5: Mama Mia!!!!:beyersmile:

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2018 at 1:15 AM Post #374 of 686
That’s absolutely true. Very difficult to compare The Shure with BA or hybrids IEM cose they sound very different. I am fan of Jo Cocker and his last live is a good test because very hard to sound great with lot of Iems. By best experience was not with KSE 1500 or Flamenco but with the Solaris from @davidmolliere at our meetup. It was realy a big waowww. I listen only classical, jazz and voices and for these styles KSE are realy my best.

I'm planning to buy Flamenco not KSE1500, so please don't say any good things about KSE which makes me more curious. :)
Solaris is really great earphone that have a real "wow" factor. Let me listen Joe Cocker tonight.

Dec 12, 2018 at 1:18 AM Post #375 of 686
upload_2018-12-12_15-18-8.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back