JH13 deal
May 28, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #91 of 114
Thanks adktitan for clarifying, you are absolutely on the money.  Sonic, it is not so much what you said as how many (god, i could really use a swear word here) times you have said the same thing.  As I said in the other thread, we get your point about the 13's bass.

And some of the other points you made were really good.  For example, the one about how a custom should fit:  "They should 'just fill' in your ear, when your ear canal walls warm up, it will naturally hug the shells. You will then have that feeling that nothing is in your ears, like I have now with my JH13 Pro's."  This is of tremendous help for first-time custom buyers unsure whether they have the right fit.  So why don't you move on to these other points?  Thanks!

May 28, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #92 of 114
I was just replying to what "warp08" said. He makes it seem as if the JH16's has present bass and the JH13's are lacking in the bass department. So I say my part to not spread a misconception. Did you read his comparison of the JH16 to the JH13? There was a huge contradiction in the comparison that made me think he is falling for placebo. But, I'll stop offending anyone.
smile.gif

May 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #93 of 114

Quote:
. They should "just fill" in your ear, when your ear canal walls warm up, it will naturally hug the shells. You will then have that feeling that nothing is in your ears, like I have now with my JH13 Pro's.

The ear canals are absolutely perfect, the seal is perfect but maybe even a bit tight on the left.  The problem is the helix gets sore on both sides.  After I have them in for a while though i seem to get used to it and it is just a throbbing that kind of comes and goes mainly on the left. Like i said before I a have a ridge over on that side that the front top of them has to tuck under and it makes it all tighter so i don't know.

One interesting thing though, the longer i wear them in one sitting, the better the sound and especially the bass gets.  It gets very full and all inclusive.  The told me the bass is due to bone conduction and I think that you get more pressure on the bone in your ear as you wear it longer.....just seems to me.

As far as the fit, I will probably have to send it back to adjust the left a bit because otherwise I will, in the end, never use them due to discomfort.  If i ever don't use them for a break, the break in period will be too much to endure again.  A lot of cash just to waste, if i were rich i wouldn't worry about it but I am an hourly wage earner so this is a boatful of cash.  Still guess my fingers are crossed.

Adktitan congrats on yours, the sound is really wonderful for and iem.  Enjoy your new toy too.  

I am off to nurse my poor ears...bye
blink.gif

May 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #94 of 114
Thanks dallan, don't sweat the the fit, it is pretty common for custom re-fits and JH will work with you as long as it takes to make you comfortable and happy...

May 28, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #95 of 114

Quote:
I was just replying to what "warp08" said. He makes it seem as if the JH16's has present bass and the JH13's are lacking in the bass department. So I say my part to not spread a misconception. Did you read his comparison of the JH16 to the JH13? There was a huge contradiction in the comparison that made me think he is falling for placebo. But, I'll stop offending anyone.
smile.gif

Sonic,

Dude, come on. The reason Warp is getting a little pissed at you I think is because you have not heard the JH16's..so you can't comment on it really...at least don’t argue about it...it's kind of like when you say in the hifiman sound science forum that anyone judging the hifiman first HAS to listen to...well, the same with JH16...and warp has both...so...let’s stick to 13 talk…cause I LOVE them..

May 28, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #96 of 114
I hope to god that my 13's arrive next week.  I had custom artwork on them, and can't wait to show you guys pictures.  Quick question to adktitan and dallan, are you selling your old IEMs now that you have the 13's?  I currently own the IE8, UM3X, and W3.  I wonder whether my IEMs would start collecting dust in the shelf once I have the 13's.

May 28, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #97 of 114

Quote:

Sonic,

Dude, come on. The reason Warp is getting a little pissed at you I think is because you have not heard the JH16's..so you can't comment on it really...at least don’t argue about it...it's kind of like when you say in the hifiman sound science forum that anyone judging the hifiman first HAS to listen to...well, the same with JH16...and warp has both...so...let’s stick to 13 talk…cause I LOVE them..

I agree, but It's not an opinion that the 16's has more emphasis in the bass over the 13's. It's a fact. That's where I only compare the two and post my opinions is in bass emphasis. Nothing else after the bass, because I haven't heard the 16's to comment on it's midrange and treble performance. I will agree with someone who "hasn't" heard the HiFiMAN to say the upper treble is rolled off, because it's a fact. But, if they said the HiFiMAN sounded inferior or superior to another player without even hearing it I would most likely not believe one word. It's okay to comment on the frequency response because graphs tell you this but you cannot comment on the sound quality without first hearing it.
smile.gif

May 28, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #98 of 114

Quote:
I hope to god that my 13's arrive next week.  I had custom artwork on them, and can't wait to show you guys pictures.  Quick question to adktitan and dallan, are you selling your old IEMs now that you have the 13's?  I currently own the IE8, UM3X, and W3.  I wonder whether my IEMs would start collecting dust in the shelf once I have the 13's.

Unfortunately, they will.

May 29, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #99 of 114

Quote:
  I wonder whether my IEMs would start collecting dust in the shelf once I have the 13's.

Don't dump them too fast.  I even used the SE420 when I owned Triple-fi pros.  Because I go to the beach, I take trips camping, occasionally go to foreign countries and if one of my teens or wife needs one I have loaned them.  So now I just have an extra disposable pair, and neither one of them are bad.  Not as clear and detailed but there is diminishing results with upgrades.  Also if your ears get sore trying to break the customs in, you have a pair to fall back on when needed
smile_phones.gif

On a brighter note, I tried the Lisa lll with the 13s tonight finally.  I was expecting it was not made for iems ect ect, not made for iems, hissing maybe ect....but I had to turn the volume way up to 2/3 or more to hear hissing with the ipod in pause mode.  I only listen at 1/8 of the volume or a touch over that so it wasn't an issue.  It was by far the best sound that I have gotten out of them, hands down.  Also it has the advantage of a bass knob to adjust the bass to higher levels if needed.  Very pleased with the result of the Lisa lll match and baffled about it as well but "it's all good".

May 29, 2010 at 7:14 AM Post #100 of 114

Quote:

I think I am selling my Triple.fi's, but I'm not in a hurry and looking local only. Once I know the 13's don't have to go back for re-fit, I'll get more aggressive selling them, I just want to make sure I have a back-up pair incase I need to ship them off. As long as I have my JH13's, I'll never wear universals again...they are that good... 

May 29, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #102 of 114

Quote:
backup in case of damage or theft?

I was thinking mostly a spare pair for the first month in case i needed re-fits...also, its very hard to not crank the volume on these because they sound so balanced and smooth...

May 29, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #103 of 114
How long does it take before the earphone arrived after you send JH audio an ear impressions?  I'm thinking about ordering one.

Thanks

Jun 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #104 of 114

[size=10pt]For anyone who had re-fits or the process done recently,[/size]
[size=10pt]Did you hear back from JH audio regarding your re-fits after you sent them in? How did your process go? I'm wondering because I thought I had the perfect fit, but I was only like 98%. I was getting a little sore on a part of my ear after a while and I figured I better take care of it sooner and make it 100% perfect. Plus, I wanted Adam to look at my artwork again as I didn't think it was quite perfect, but that may have been the resolution on the image I used.[/size]

[size=10pt]Anyway, I wrote a book trying to describe where my uncomfort was, and sent in a diagram of the ear with the portion circled that I thought needed tweaking, and also sent Adam a couple emails describing where I needed a tweak, as he is the one does the re-fits according to Jamie, but have yet to hear anything from him or anyone. My monitors arrived last Thursday. I know they were busy with Can Jam, so that's why I'm asking. [/size]

[size=10pt]So, how does this process generally work? Will I hear nothing until they magically arrive back to me or what? I don’t want to bug them too much, but would like a little information back at me regarding timing, etc. What do you guys think?[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back