JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #841 of 2,420
oh, of course...

I would be stupid to think otherwise, haha, will be funny the first time I do bump into someone else wearing a pair though, will have to think of a secret handshake.

I don't own a pair but I saw a guy listening to a pair in the Hong Kong subway the other day.  I pointed it out to him to my coworker.  Said those headphones cost more than 10,000 hkd.  Actually I was wrong it was 20k HKD.  

Sep 10, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #842 of 2,420
Strangely, I find the K10 to be the worst of the three!!

That being said, one key reason we all hear this differently (and I've moaned about this on the Noble thread) is the fit... This obviously differs between us...

Sep 10, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #843 of 2,420

You be right about that.  Layla isn't really audible below 120 Hz. even with the EQ cranked up.

beerchug.gif

confused_face(1).gif

It's probably the amp. I read (on this or the Layla+Angie thread, I don't remember now) that somebody listened to Layla from the output of the laptop. I'll say it again: Layla is extremely picky; you have to find a proper match for it. Right from the output of my MPBr it sounds awful, really. Unlistenable. Out from the iPhone OTOH, it sounds much, much better. Go figure. And it has tons of bass, down to the first octave; you can clearly hear it in all its glory. Saying that Layla doesn't have bass is like saying HD800 doesn't have treble.

Sep 10, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #844 of 2,420

You be right about that.  Layla isn't really audible below 120 Hz. even with the EQ cranked up.

beerchug.gif

confused_face(1).gif

It's probably the amp. I read (on this or the Layla+Angie thread, I don't remember now) that somebody listened to Layla from the output of the laptop. I'll say it again: Layla is extremely picky; you have to find a proper match for it. Right from the output of my MPBr it sounds awful, really. Unlistenable. Out from the iPhone OTOH, it sounds much, much better. Go figure. And it has tons of bass, down to the first octave; you can clearly hear it in all its glory. Saying that Layla doesn't have bass is like saying HD800 doesn't have treble.

I'll do some testing and find out if it's the amp AK 240 or the Layla's.  I still think the bass detail on the Layla is good, just maybe not deep bass < 120 Hz.

Got that wrong, I tested my Layla's to 40 Hz. on another system and it works fine.  The problem was with the A&K 240 . . .   
ph34r.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #846 of 2,420
So, unfortunately, GQ Magazine have "lost" the A&K demo Laylas for the UK
eek.gif
. This means that Snug earphones are currently unable to make a template for my custom tips unless I lend them my pair for two weeks.

Very saddened by this. Bloody lads magazines...

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #849 of 2,420

https://snugsearphones.co.uk/

you will need to get a halfshell custom tip.

Thanks. I've placed an order to remodel mine. I'll have to give them my Layla to create a template. In the meantime, I'll be using my custom Triple fi 10. If I remember where I kept it

Sep 13, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #852 of 2,420

https://snugsearphones.co.uk/

you will need to get a halfshell custom tip.

Hi piercer,

Quick question, why did you choose this company for your custom snug earphones?

I've noticed that they are few companies in uk that are doing custom snugs.

Sep 13, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #854 of 2,420

Users who are viewing this thread

Back