JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #182 of 2,420
Well without wanting to minimize their merit but if at 2.5k for universals they were not incredible, it would be problematic.

They aren't cheap, that's for sure...but they are amazing!

Apr 3, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #186 of 2,420
Do you think the Laylas paid better with ZX2 or AK240? Talking custom Laylas....I had the universal Laylas, couldn't stand how far they stand out of my ears, so ordered the customs and am sending the univerals back

Currently have the ZX2, thinking about snatching up the AK240SS with the credit I have from the returned universals. Hard to see the sound getting better than the song though

Apr 4, 2015 at 3:44 PM Post #189 of 2,420
Hi, I'm new to the forum and am considering the Layla's or the Angies. I'm currently running an A&K 120mkII with Grado G10's and custom ear moulds.

I started looking at the Layla but my question is whether to get the Layla and run it direct with the player or use pretty much the same money and go for a chord Hugo with ultimate ears.

Obviously not having to carry around a separate amp is a massive bonus so if the Layla will be similar better, that'll be my choice.

Thanks

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:07 PM Post #190 of 2,420
I'm listening to Rebecca Pidgeon's "The Raven" (high resolution download) with my AK100II and the Layla's and I am seriously floored with what I'm hearing! Better sound staging than the beyerdynamics T1 or most full sized headphones for that matter, clarity that rivals the HD800s (with better tonal balance)! Simply outstanding transparency...as Amos mentioned earlier, the Layla's just get out of the way of the music and connect you to the recording.

Apr 5, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #191 of 2,420
  I'm listening to Rebecca Pidgeon's "The Raven" (high resolution download) with my AK100II and the Layla's and I am seriously floored with what I'm hearing! Better sound staging than the beyerdynamics T1 or most full sized headphones for that matter, clarity that rivals the HD800s (with better tonal balance)! Simply outstanding transparency...as Amos mentioned earlier, the Layla's just get out of the way of the music and connect you to the recording.

Felt the same way with the same album, but I do think that album is easy to reproduce nicely. In fact I'm about to pull my trigger on a pair - someone is selling his pair of Laylas where I am living at a nice second hand price. I still like my modded HD800s for tonal balance but certainly Laylas are much better in the tone and timbre department to a stock pair of HD800s.

The only problem is that, as with most IEMs, you need some care and time to get a good fit whenever you put them on. For the HD800s, you just put them on your head and forget them. :p

Apr 5, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #193 of 2,420
I have a sale pending already :p

Head-fi is absolutely evil....

Apr 5, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #195 of 2,420
Oops. I seem to have put my impressions in Jude's announcement thread. But anyone curious can find them here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746964/jh-audio-layla-and-angie-head-fi-tv/1245#post_11478282

Users who are viewing this thread

Back