JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Apr 9, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #3,392 of 3,787
Quote:
How long is the ETA for an order shipment/arrive? I ordered late March

They received my impressions 2/5 and I received the JH16's on 3/15.

Apr 9, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3,393 of 3,787
Quote:
And the new 13FPs are even smoother yet with better treble tuning, extra bore. Sibilance or extension is a non issue for me. Though it won't hide a bad source, it works great for me even with what have been described as hotter sources like my HiSound Anv 3. I never get the sense of too analytical.

I've tried the 13's with FP (demo unit) today surprised how it change for the better.
its more fun now compare to the one pre-FP.

the 16's with FP is even better with more bass and stuff.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #3,395 of 3,787
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #3,396 of 3,787
Ok I received a YuLong D100 MK II today. Can't believe how good it sounds. 

The interesting part is that the bass seems much more controlled than that of the iMac builtin DAC which is considered an excellent performer anyway. On the iMac the bass is thicker, sounds like if it was boosted whereas on the Yulong it's punchy, it extends pretty well and is present just when you should hear it.

Looks like the Yulong and JH16's are a perfect combo.

The reason why I never noticed an overpowered bass on iMac is probably caused by the  Shure sound signature withdrawal syndrom.... Shure are very mid-centric,  they relatively lack bass ( SE53x ) 

Now depending on the source, it can either sound balanced or very "aigu" if the source has a true flat frequency response. SE535 and Jh16's have almost opposite sound signature.

I am starting to believe that you can never judge an IEM from the first day, you can only enjoy them with time.

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM Post #3,397 of 3,787
Ok guys an update...

I received my JH16's back after complaining about the very boomy sound and god what a difference !?? Sound is much much better for some reason. 

I tried to compare the old and new pictures of the 16's but the size of the nozzle and angle are pretty much identical. I have no idea what they did but the bass is much smoother and gentle on my ears. Overall sound quality is outstanding. 

I must admit that the bass seem a little bit lacking on some tracks but switching the sound mode on my DAC fix this issue.

Some pictures of these babies  ( Azure blue request + platinum faceplate + custom artwork )  - They look much better IRL but it's a phone camera 

I will try take better pics when I leave the office.

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #3,398 of 3,787
good news. congrats! Last pair must be defective if you find the new pair sounded completely different.

Apr 26, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #3,399 of 3,787
Quote:
good news. congrats! Last pair must be defective if you find the new pair sounded completely different.

Thanks buddy, 

One thing I noticed is that JH16's don't sound that good from the high impedance output of my DAC compared to the low impedance one. All my other IEMs ( 28 - 36 Ohms ) produce a wider soundstage from high Imp. With the 16's it the opposite, too much hiss and mediocre bass from high impedance. Well, i'll stick with low imp. Outstanding sound quality.

Apr 26, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #3,400 of 3,787
One more thing....

I advise not using VLC on Mac OS X to play FLAC audio format for now. It has been confirmed after reporting it on forum that the version 2.x is buggy and brings too much distortion to the sound. Mostly noticed when you forward with the progress bar.

I'm using songbird and the sound quality is definitely much better with FLAC.

Regards. 

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #3,401 of 3,787
Quote:
Ok guys an update...

I received my JH16's back after complaining about the very boomy sound and god what a difference !?? Sound is much much better for some reason. 

I tried to compare the old and new pictures of the 16's but the size of the nozzle and angle are pretty much identical. I have no idea what they did but the bass is much smoother and gentle on my ears. Overall sound quality is outstanding. 

I must admit that the bass seem a little bit lacking on some tracks but switching the sound mode on my DAC fix this issue.

Some pictures of these babies  ( Azure blue request + platinum faceplate + custom artwork )  - They look much better IRL but it's a phone camera 

Try look at driver placement and how they route the sound tubes... 

Pre-FP models, the high drivers were placed very near the canal area, but the new models, the high drivers were moved to the top.

As for the sound tubes, low drivers got the shortest distance from tube to bore outlet followed by mids then high... certainly it changes the sound being delivered.

I too sent my 16s back for a remould as the fit was off causing discomfort and isolation problems...

Apr 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #3,402 of 3,787
Quote:

Try look at driver placement and how they route the sound tubes... 

Pre-FP models, the high drivers were placed very near the canal area, but the new models, the high drivers were moved to the top.

As for the sound tubes, low drivers got the shortest distance from tube to bore outlet followed by mids then high... certainly it changes the sound being delivered.

I too sent my 16s back for a remould as the fit was off causing discomfort and isolation problems...

This is what I have inside my IEM, probably nothing else from what I can see. I can only see 6 drivers or ? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back