JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Feb 8, 2013 at 11:27 AM Post #3,226 of 3,787
Does anyone else feel like the JH16 are extremely sensitive? I hear "electronic sounds" from bad sources, sources that have never exhibited this with other custom IEMs. Also today when I was wrapping up the unplugged cable with the IEMs still in my ears, I'm pretty sure I heard static/noise coming through the JH16. Is this normal?

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:38 AM Post #3,227 of 3,787
Quote:
Does anyone else feel like the JH16 are extremely sensitive? I hear "electronic sounds" from bad sources, sources that have never exhibited this with other custom IEMs. Also today when I was wrapping up the unplugged cable with the IEMs still in my ears, I'm pretty sure I heard static/noise coming through the JH16. Is this normal?

Yeah JH16 is probably the most sensitive IEMs I have got too.those are normal~ high output impedance source will probably overkill JH16 badly.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #3,228 of 3,787

Yes i also experienced this. The hiss is much louder on my source with jh16 than my other iem. I feel the jh16 are very sensitive.

Feb 8, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #3,229 of 3,787
Double post. Sorry

Feb 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #3,231 of 3,787
Quote:

Yes, I get constant hiss, humming and pops and klicks :frowning2:
It's very annoying on my HTC one S.
Seemed much better on my friend's iPhone 4(cellphone), but I didn't listen for so long.

Not noticed it when unplugged though...

Cheers!

Feb 11, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #3,232 of 3,787
Hey guys, any of you sent your JHs back for a refit? How long does it take?

I've sent them a pair of reshelled TF10 which give a perfect fit and the pair of impressions used for it together with my JH16.

It arrived at the labs on 22 Jan, exchanged a few emails with Caleb and Jaime, was told by Caleb that my refit should complete by 30 Jan. When i asked for an update on 1st Feb he replied that it should finish before end of the week. Five days later, I dropped him an email to check of the status, I did not get any reply.

Is it normal for refits to take about 3 weeks? Getting worried when they don't reply my emails at all. I tried to discuss on the refit works with Caleb but he doesn't seems keen on sharing except commenting that it's a process of adding and taking materials.

It's an one grand purchase after all, shouldn't they give a better after sales service?

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #3,233 of 3,787
I guess it depends. I'm sure adjustments aren't as cut and dry as the original mold which they may be redoing anyway. My view on this is that you know they have them so leave them be to use their time making and tweaking instead of on the phone etc. This will sound stronger than intended but just because something costs $1k doesn't mean you get special attention. They are built as tools for the trade and not luxury items like many at headfi regard their CIEMs.

I sent my 13s back for a tweak (shorten nozzle on one side) and they had them for 10 days so it took a little over 2 weeks door to door. Just adding or subtracting material likely takes less time and a remold, more. I'm sure that sometimes it takes a do over. Last thing I'd want to do is rush the process. I had one 5 min conversation with Caleb about what my issue was and proposed solution (which worked great) and left them to their work. Never contacted them while waiting for my purchase as well. I'm sure they get inundated by impatience when they're busy.

Feb 11, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #3,234 of 3,787
Quote:
Yes, I get constant hiss, humming and pops and klicks :frowning2:
It's very annoying on my HTC one S.
Seemed much better on my friend's iPhone 4(cellphone), but I didn't listen for so long.

Not noticed it when unplugged though...

Cheers!

The new FP versions are a couple db less efficient. I was happy to see that. My 13s are higher impedance and still less efficient. Works for me as my HiSound hisses a bit but I find it acceptable and not distracting. The 16s would have been too much. Fortunately, my personal sonic preference is the 13 as well.

Feb 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM Post #3,235 of 3,787
Quote:
I guess it depends. I'm sure adjustments aren't as cut and dry as the original mold which they may be redoing anyway. My view on this is that you know they have them so leave them be to use their time making and tweaking instead of on the phone etc. This will sound stronger than intended but just because something costs $1k doesn't mean you get special attention. They are built as tools for the trade and not luxury items like many at headfi regard their CIEMs.

I sent my 13s back for a tweak (shorten nozzle on one side) and they had them for 10 days so it took a little over 2 weeks door to door. Just adding or subtracting material likely takes less time and a remold, more. I'm sure that sometimes it takes a do over. Last thing I'd want to do is rush the process. I had one 5 min conversation with Caleb about what my issue was and proposed solution (which worked great) and left them to their work. Never contacted them while waiting for my purchase as well. I'm sure they get inundated by impatience when they're busy.

Well, I didn't have a chance to speak to him, so not even a solution proposal for me.

Emails aren't an effective way of communication after all.

I just got a reply from him, and my refit was taken of. He mentioned that he was unwell, hope he have fully recovered and continue to work on more of the great creations.

Feb 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #3,239 of 3,787
Quote:

Mine is here, they look gorgeous.
I found them bass "light" though =.= Maybe got brain burnt in by my IE800...

ur jh16 so beautiful >O<"

I also use JH16 with AK100

the best of sound for me XD ~*

Feb 14, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #3,240 of 3,787

This My JH | 16 Pros ^.^

This My Portable
- CIEM : JH | 16 Pros
- Cable : TWag V3 & TWcu V3 Hybrid IEM
- Source : Astell & Kern [ AK100 ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back