JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Feb 15, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #3,241 of 3,787
Got mine last week.  They sound fantastic, although the seal isn't perfect, and the mids are a bit off.  I think I'll part with them tomorrow, hopefully they have them back to me late next week.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #3,242 of 3,787
My JH16 came back after a 3 weeks wait...

Pictures are up for comparison, mock up, before and after refit.

goodvibes, they redid my JH16 using my TF10 reshells, fit and seal is now fantastic.

Artwork changed though. wonder if it is a good or bad thing, colors are lighter and look different from before.

Feb 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #3,243 of 3,787
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #3,244 of 3,787
To. InfiniteGene

Beautiful faceplate ^^ v

Feb 16, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #3,245 of 3,787
Quote:

etysmile.gif
 I'm loving it!
Quote:
To. InfiniteGene

Beautiful faceplate ^^ v

Did you notice that the driver placements are mode defined after refit? (dual mids are placed above the dual double lows while dual highs are positioned next to the mid and low drivers)

There's actually a flaw in the artwork chosen when you zoom in, can't be helped but the art did turn out beautiful isn't it?
bigsmile_face.gif

I noticed that green filters are used for the mid and low drivers after it came back from refit, anyone noticed it?
confused.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #3,246 of 3,787
I have waited two months for my Unique Melody miracles. I'm really regretting ordering them instead of these! I did however order the otterbox from jh audio with my name on it, is it a sin to load it with adifferent brand of iem's?

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #3,247 of 3,787
Quote:
I have waited two months for my Unique Melody miracles. I'm really regretting ordering them instead of these! I did however order the otterbox from jh audio with my name on it, is it a sin to load it with adifferent brand of iem's?

Certainly not my friend... All companies have backlog... it depends on the season you send your impressions in...

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,248 of 3,787
Doesn't matter which CIEM company you read about, they all get backlogs and a percentage of fit issues. greater volume brings an equally increasing # if issues and posts but really all the better companies will be similar in percentage of adjustments. We had a thread here recently with someone over the top about waiting a whole month for his JH's. LOL I remember another thread where a guy from Europe shipped without sig required to save some $ and everybody blamed the CIEM maker when the package was lost.

I wasn't going to buy anywhere I would need to deal with customs and long shipping if I needed an adjustment unless I thought a particular device a clear step up. I like 13s anyway so it was an easy decision. I've also come to find some ears are touchy. My left ear is A LOT more sensative to fit and placemant than my right for instance.

Feb 20, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #3,249 of 3,787
Quote:
Doesn't matter which CIEM company you read about, they all get backlogs and a percentage of fit issues. greater volume brings an equally increasing # if issues and posts but really all the better companies will be similar in percentage of adjustments. We had a thread here recently with someone over the top about waiting a whole month for his JH's. LOL I remember another thread where a guy from Europe shipped without sig required to save some $ and everybody blamed the CIEM maker when the package was lost.

I wasn't going to buy anywhere I would need to deal with customs and long shipping if I needed an adjustment unless I thought a particular device a clear step up. I like 13s anyway so it was an easy decision. I've also come to find some ears are touchy. My left ear is A LOT more sensative to fit and placemant than my right for instance.

I think that guy have yet to receive his JH order or cancelled it? unfortunate guy...

there's this saying " one man's meat is another's poison ".

To me, JHA requires improvement in their after-sales services as it clear that the frequency they reply to emails before and after sales have a drastic difference. 24 hours vs 168 hours or next to never.

My friend's refit came back with mine but still have some issues with the fit, and the refit quality was quite poor. We drop them an email since 5 days ago, but yet to get any reply.

We stay outside US, tried to make international calls to JHA but non of the line was answered, which reduce our communication to emails.

I'm glad mine came back with a good fit this time round.

Feb 20, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #3,250 of 3,787
There is no cancelling. If he stopped complaining, it's because they showed up. I believed they topped out at about a 6 week wait over the holidays. Shorter than Miracles right now. Frogbeats is significantly longer. These situations are normal, to be expected and not bitched about though Frogbeats probably should have mentioned during the order is it was going to be 1/4 year or more. Since they had no real history I could see expectations of under 3 months reasonable without a warning. Fit has to due with quality of impressions and refits aren't usually off new impressions but rather, feedback so it's less than exact. Customs are tricky if your critical. I am but have a perspective of reasonable expectations. I think that if someone is not willing to go through an adjustment process, they probably shouldn't be looking at customs. Most don't need it but a good percentage will and if they do, more than once is not uncommon. The email thing should be improved if they are willing to use it as correspondence as opposed to just info requests. They are just not good about it at any time. Before or after. They're good about picking up if called during hours and all this has been known for a long time.

Like I said, there's a reason I preferred to go with a local maker. Though the initial wait wasn't going ot affect me, dealing with customs, extra hassles and time during refit, if required, did not appeal to me. Of course in some areas, selection limits choice so you need to deal with it if that is your desire. When I got my refit, I called and spoke to Caleb once and we came to a quick agreement on the solution. I then filled out the online form and returned them insured. 2 weeks later they were back and aren't going anywhere.

Feb 20, 2013 at 4:42 PM Post #3,251 of 3,787
My impressions arrived on Feb 2, 2013. I spoke with Zack yesterday and the queue has them being assembled the week of March 4th. Thought I'd post just for a current time frame.

Feb 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #3,252 of 3,787
Sounds about right. My impressions were received on 1/24, and mine should be done / shipped out either later this week, or sometime next week. It seems like there was a high demand coming out of the holidays --- which is great for the long term. That usually means plenty of incentive for R&D and new products.

Feb 23, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #3,253 of 3,787
if anybody find the jh16 too bright to their ears and want a more laid-back presentation, try it with westone cables. Magical.
I initially don't really like my new jh16 for their brighter presentation but now I've fallen in love with it, paired with the Sony pha-1(amazing dac/amp for iPod, paired so well with jh16)

Feb 24, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #3,255 of 3,787
Is there a comparison between the older JH16 and new JH16 freqphase?

Am using the old JH13, and am keen to know how the JH16s compare.

I shifted from old jh13 to new jh16, the 16 is warmer, with a bit more mid-bass, so the vocal is much better now. The overall sound is thicker with more layers but not as clean as the jh13 due to some extra mid-bass, but its very minor difference. The overall signature is not that far apart. If u don't like vocals on jh13, it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back