JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Feb 3, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #3,211 of 3,787
I don't know, interesting, hearing that some phones beat other phones at this level.  It comes down to personal preference, people hear and feel things differently.  I have heard most of the phones mentioned and I felt the JHAudio combination of JH16 with 3a DAC/AMP was my preference, doesn't mean they beat them, I just prefer the way they convey the tone, clarity and rhythm of the music.  I play the saxophone so I usually listen to sax, guitar and piano when I listen to buy,  I can generally tell the difference between a sax made by Yamaha, Selmer or Cannonball, the JH Audio excelled at that.  I listened to the AKG's and felt their treble was too hot, while others may be extremely happy with that much treble energy, I thought the 1plus2 were very good but I chose the JHAudio.
Have you ever been in a car where one person will turn the bass, mids and treble way up, while another would turn the bass almost all the way off.  It comes down to their preference, I guarantee they would not agree on which earphone sounded better.  I was in an argument once with a guy that insisted certain things in an audio chain make no difference, i.e. amps, wires, etc.  I also know that people translate what they hear differently, while he may not hear a difference, he may also be that guy at the party or concert that claps off beat or dances like the DJ is playing something different, and may feel that he is an audio expert because of his engineering knowledge, I wouldn't take a recommendation from him....  That is why you can't spend a grand on a pair of earbuds and believe someone else's opinion, you must listen for yourself.  After all the earphones I have listened to, whether by purchase, going to audio shows suchas; Canjam in Denver Tech Center (with those little sponges that give a pretty good seal) or by loaner, I settled on spending 1700.00 on the JH16/3a combination.  I ordered mine before Christmas and received them the second week in January.  

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #3,215 of 3,787
My impressions were received at the lab today.....Let the countdown begin!

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #3,216 of 3,787
My impressions were received at the lab today.....Let the countdown begin!

Feb 5, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #3,218 of 3,787
1/3/13 - dropped impressions off at UPS
1/7/13 - received notification via JH Audio email that impressions were received
1/29/13 - shipment information was sent to FedEx (from tracking info below)
2/1/13 - received email from FedEx that a shipment has been processed with link to tracking
2/1/13 - picked up by FedEx
2/5/13 - rescheduled delivery date
2/6/13 - original delivery date

Yes, I am excited, OCD, and impatient
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #3,220 of 3,787
Those shells and faceplates look amazing. How do you like the sound?

Feb 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #3,223 of 3,787
Those look awesome -- excellent choice on the star wars theme. My impressions arrived at JH on 1/24 and I can't decide if this thread makes the wait easier or harder :) I already have a CLAS dB and a pico slim in hand to complete the rig --- currently using them at work with my Shure 535s.

Fingers crossed that I get a good fit the first time, but being in LA and using a recommended audiologist probably helps a lot. I wasn't even their first set of IEM impressions going to JH that day....

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #3,224 of 3,787
Quote:
How long did it take for the lab to get them?

I am in the US already and I sent them overnight Fedex. So they arrived the day after I sent them.

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #3,225 of 3,787
Quote:
1Plus2 can :wink:. I've already heard from an owner of the JH16 that his new 1Plus2 model beats his JH16 & Fit Ear 334. I already felt the older model beat the AKG3003 and the  Fit Ear 334. The newer model just makes that disparity between them even larger.

But they're not the current jh16. I prefer the 13 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back