JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 21, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #917 of 3,787
ask them ... thats good to know im still 80 units off ... f*ing volcano! man that blows, and then theres orders being skipped now too! so its not even a good estimator. still WEEKS till i can get mine. i was hoping it would take less time. ordered and shipped april and expected to have them well before memorial day, now itll be after. sheesh! oh well im happy they arent rushing. if i wanted fast food i would have gotten mcdonalds ...

May 21, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #918 of 3,787
I'm starting to resign myself to the possibility that I won't have my 16s before I go on vacation for a month, 2 weeks from now.  I'm 50 orders away, and it seems like their rate of production is less than 5 a day.

Ah well, those of you who are lucky to have your 16s--please tantalize us with your impressions and reviews.  It's your civic duty as a Head-Fier, and it's the least you can do being blessed with such an incredible piece of equipment while hundreds of others lay in wait!

May 21, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #919 of 3,787
I just called them and they were taking to long to tell me the status and told me they would send an email, it seems something went wrong.. Glad you posted your order number WindiCity or I would be waiting for nothing it seems, I was 24 orders ahead of you so not the famous mint service jhaudio I have read about, but at least theyr communication is great, the email said tuesday they will be shipped, now the even more sweet anticipation begins
regular_smile .gif

May 21, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #921 of 3,787
Doesn't seem like the delay affected the 13s, they are still being turned around in like 2 weeks or less as far as I can tell.

May 21, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #922 of 3,787
Good news Boogie ... You'll be living the high life by this time next week.

May 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #923 of 3,787

Quote:
Does anyone know how long the lead time is between JH Audio receiving impressions and sending out the JH16s?   I have been waiting for ten weeks already.   

Well, I received mine today.  So the wait is finally over. 

The fit seems comfortable, although I did not wear them all that long because the cable is a little short for home use, although ideal for a portable rig. 

To allow me to use them at home, I just ordered an 8 foot TWag replacement cable terminated with a 1/4" connector.  Craig at Whiplash Audio was nice enough to offer me any length of cable up to 8 feet for the same price as the 64 inch cable, $350.  

Still, out of the box, the JH16s sound wonderful.  I listened through my DNA Sonett and was totally transfixed.  They have already dethroned the DX1000s in my book.

May 21, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #924 of 3,787

Quote:

Well, I received mine today.  So the wait is finally over. 

The fit seems comfortable, although I did not wear them all that long because the cable is a little short for home use, although ideal for a portable rig. 

To allow me to use them at home, I just ordered an 8 foot TWag replacement cable terminated with a 1/4" connector.  Craig at Whiplash Audio was nice enough to offer me any length of cable up to 8 feet for the same price as the 64 inch cable, $350.  

Still, out of the box, the JH16s sound wonderful.  I listened through my DNA Sonett and was totally transfixed.  They have already dethroned the DX1000s in my book.

Congrats.  What was your order number and impressions receipt date?  More detailed impressions would be awesome too.

Thanks,
Anxious JH16 orderer

May 21, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #925 of 3,787

Quote:
Congrats.  What was your order number and impressions receipt date?  More detailed impressions would be awesome too.

Thanks,
Anxious JH16 orderer

When did you order nellie? Mine should reach Singapore today. Made impressions on 1st April received latest 9th April. Shipped out 19 May.

My 16s were already posted on facebook

May 22, 2010 at 1:22 AM Post #926 of 3,787

Quote:
When did you order nellie? Mine should reach Singapore today. Made impressions on 1st April received latest 9th April. Shipped out 19 May.

My 16s were already posted on facebook

Order 1531, impressions received Apr. 26.  So I'm a ways behind. 

Sorry to fill this thread up with yet more "waiting on" JH16s, but there seems to be very little info about the production rate or estimated delivery dates (even after emailing JHA).  Seems we should create a new impressions thread once more people get them. 

In the meantime, if anyone who receives their 16s can post their order number and any impressions, it would be much appreciated!  No offense to CNET, Financial Times and the other journalists that got sent complimentary JH16s, but their reviews were pretty weak.  If I got free 16s, you can bet I would offer the most extensive review I could.

May 22, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #928 of 3,787

Well anyways, it's been a couple days later after getting them, and I'm trying to listen to them as much as possible.  But, it's still not enough listening to be honest. They still feel foreign to my ears (these are my first customs).  There is some discomfort on my left tragus due to the connector, but, it has gotten slightly better.  Also, there is a little discomfort right before the stem enters my canal (the bottom part of the outside of the opening (following me?).  I get a good seal, maybe too good on the left.  It's a little tight.  The right ear is okay, but I'm afraid the stem might be going against my ear canal slightly.  I say this because if I pull it out a tad, highs and lows improve just a little.  

Do minor things like that improve with time?  I'm afraid I may have to send them back for a refit, but even after a couple days with them, I know it will still be hard to let go of them.  

The sound is good, although I have yet to do any A/B'ing with my IE8's.  By the way I was waiting for these things was like my IE8's had the worst possible sound and were poisonous to my ears.  In all actuality, my IE8's are still awesome and still can hold their own....  

They are finicky (sp?).  If I feed them anything less than 320kbps through my MacbookPro, they don't like it.  Heck, even a bad 320 recording is evident.  Through my iPhone, they are less picky.  No EQ's, by the way.  

This is all I really have for now.   I hope I can add more soon, and I hope I don't have to send them back for a refit.   I really hate waiting. 

May 22, 2010 at 11:32 AM Post #930 of 3,787
Evangelion X JH Audio Customs.

Just received my 16s today and I must say that they are exceptional. Build was top notch as was artwork as well. Jaime and Zac are really THE standard to deal with in the IEM industry. Very very good service and great communication!

Never been more pleased than compared to my experience with UE. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back