JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #886 of 3,787

Quote:
It shouldn't.  The JH13s use different drivers and as far as I know, turnaround time is 5-7 days from the receipt of the ear molds.  That's how long mine took.

You beat me to the punch, warp!
biggrin.gif

May 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #887 of 3,787
Quote:

Now that 16 production seems to have started back up, though, the turnaround time might go up since there is now more work to be done (producing both the 13's and 16's.)

This is more what i was getting at.

My impressions should be with JH Audio tomorrow, I was just wondering when I might get my JH13s.. I'm excited!

May 19, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #888 of 3,787

Quote:
First paragraph correct Sir! 

If i was not already ordering through my dealer that 13 sale would of made it very tempting to of ignored the 16pro
devil_face.gif

Yes you do that, and run along and listen to your sweet 16's you lucky bar steward
biggrin.gif

Me and my friends; the older we are getting now (in our thirty somethings) we comment how much faster the years are flying past and it seems every year now we say to each other "i can't believe how fast this year has gone so far" & "seems like only yesterday it was New Years day" (whilst halfway through the year).
Well, now i am in this 16pro queue that is long as a rush hour jam on a LA freeway, these next few weeks are going to feel like a whole year on half speed playback! 

Just think positive, John!  In a few years, we'll be both upgrading to JH Custom Hearing Aids with 18 drivers in each shell....
L3000.gif

May 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM Post #889 of 3,787
I asked the same type of question on the JH13 deal thread. I'm not sure anyone really knows how they allocate workloads with-in the given lines, and because of the specific cicumstance surrounding parts and delivery (volcano), I think the best thing is to prepare for the worst and be pleasently surprised when you recive them earlier. Also, someone mentioned that Jerry authorized the JH13 deal to give his workers something to do in the downtime waiting for parts, but that was only two days before they reviced the parts for the 16 in, so I'm not sure about that, as he would have a good idea when the parts may come in.

I will say I know the lab recived my molds on Friday morning (I called to confirm and they said they were being processed, whatever that means) and I finalzied my art work with Zac yesterday morning. But, my online account has been pending since the moment I placed my order, so I'm not going by that.  I'll let everyone know, if you would like, when I actually recieve mine. Sorry for the sort-of OT, enjoy your 16's!  

May 19, 2010 at 10:44 AM Post #891 of 3,787
@ superfied,

But did he have his molds to JH before they recived the 16 parts shipment in, post volcano? My guess is, yes he did, so the 16 que did not effect him like it may effect others who ordered different model types from this point going forward and need to maybe get in line behind the 16 backup.

No biggie, I'll wait for as long as it takes, and be happy whenever mine arrive. Thanks for the reply, by the way. 2 weeks would be sweet for the 13 orders, but I'm not counting on it.  

May 19, 2010 at 10:51 AM Post #893 of 3,787

Quote:
I doubt it would have affect his order in anyway. Another friend of mine ordered his 13s 1 week after I did my 16s....waited 6 weeks for it to arrive, same time as the 2 weeks' 13s.

They do have a different team working on the 13s. I'm pretty sure of that.

That is all good news to me! Thanks for the reply super_fied and happy listening everyone.

May 19, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #896 of 3,787
Just curious as to why you are considering this? Do you think you would not be happy with a 13?

wonder if they named the JH16, say the JH12 instead, people may then say, the 13 is the better phone for audiophile and the 12 is for stage use mainly? Would be an interesting social experiment. 

May 19, 2010 at 12:22 PM Post #897 of 3,787
Quote:
guitargeek said:

hmm, i ordered my JH13s last Saturday via a local audio store, but I'm contemplating if I should quickly ask for a change to the 16s and pay a top up of 72SGD (~51USD). It's my first pair of customs.

The 13's would be a perfect first custom, but if you normally always preferred more bass from your headphones and earphones the 16's would be a better option. Keep in mind though, the 13's aren't lacking any bass at all.

May 19, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #898 of 3,787

Quote:
At first I also thought they were quite different, but that impression didn't last. When I wasn't deliberately comparing the JH13s and JH16s (i.e. after the first week of the 16s) their similarities became far more apparent than their differences did.

Unfortunately I've purchased all of my customs blind, on faith of impressions from others. I imagine I won't get the opportunity to sample the UE18 sound before ever buying them. I doubt I'd buy them though since I think I've spent enough on customs as it stands.

I agree the 16's share a lot of the same attributes that make the 13's so good , but, do you think after a while then the 16's extra bass presence compared to the 13's is not as noticeable then after a while that?

Quote:
Just think positive, John!  In a few years, we'll be both upgrading to JH Custom Hearing Aids with 18 drivers in each shell....
L3000.gif

Sorry, can't quite hear you! lol

I will be using a bugle horn to my ears to hear in a few years time! 
L3000.gif

May 19, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #899 of 3,787

Quote:
I agree the 16's share a lot of the same attributes that make the 13's so good , but, do you think after a while then the 16's extra bass presence compared to the 13's is not as noticeable then after a while that?

Yes, that's absolutely right. The differences were most noticeable the first time I put them in since I was trying to evaluate the purchase relative to the 13s. Thereafter the differences have become exceedingly subtle.

Re: 13s vs. 16s as first IEMs, I would definitely pick the 16s at MSRPs. When the 13s have their deep discounts I would handily pick them over the 16s if I was getting a first custom. I think the 16s are easily worth $50 over the 13s, but when it comes to another Benjamin on top of that the 13s become an obvious choice.

May 19, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #900 of 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0
/img/forum/go_quote.gif
... the differences have become exceedingly subtle.

Re: 13s vs. 16s as first IEMs, I would definitely pick the 16s at MSRPs. When the 13s have their deep discounts I would handily pick them over the 16s if I was getting a first custom. I think the 16s are easily worth $50 over the 13s, but when it comes to another Benjamin on top of that the 13s become an obvious choice.

Thanks for a very good summary. This is pretty much the conclusion that I am reaching as I contemplate a future purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back