JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 18, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #871 of 3,787

Quote:

I found the sig quite different between the 13 & 16's myself, not sure if this was due to the way the bass presented itself on the 16's even though it shared a lot of the main attributes the 13 does so well, enough evident that it made it a hard choice between the two for me all the same.

If i had a second pair later on, i may well try a ue18 or whatever model is out then, would be a hard call again i guess.

I still admire all three of those sigs the 13's, 16's & UE18's presented and if i already had both 13 & 16'pro and money was like confetti i would have all three! 

Sure your not just wanting something you've not got? lol
wink_face.gif

Have you tried a UE18 at all?, it is a different sig from JH in general, reminded me a lot of my old SE530's but with everything done 5 times better with a lot more bass present, but not over done and did have well driven & forward mids with a lovely mid low bass to it that gave a nice listening experience. I found it had a slightly more relaxed sound overall to the JHA range and i would certainly go between the two depending on my mood rather than to suite the music been listened to. Neither JH or UE's would collect dust if i owned them, if that is a blunt hint as can be : )

If you wanted something different i think the 18's would offer that, whether you liked the 18 sig in it's self would be another thing with personal preference and all taken into the equation. 

I will bear that piece of advice in mind though X30 if next year goes well and can get a second pair of customs. (fingers crossed!)

Thanks ; )

At first I also thought they were quite different, but that impression didn't last. When I wasn't deliberately comparing the JH13s and JH16s (i.e. after the first week of the 16s) their similarities became far more apparent than their differences did.

Unfortunately I've purchased all of my customs blind, on faith of impressions from others. I imagine I won't get the opportunity to sample the UE18 sound before ever buying them. I doubt I'd buy them though since I think I've spent enough on customs as it stands.

May 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #872 of 3,787

Quote:
I'd call them up and ask how they're processing their queue first.  It'd be silly to order the JH5, only to hear back afterwards that it'll all be processed in order -- after the on-sale JH13s, after the backlogged JH16s.

That's a good point, although it seems like the production lines are separate for each IEM.  I'm inferring that based on the quick turnaround people received for their 13s, but that may have been due solely to the delay on the 16s.

May 18, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #873 of 3,787

Quote:
just got off the phone with jh audio and they received my molds may 3 and they said i have to wait at least another 2 weeks
mad.gif
!!! they better be worth it. Im starting to regret going with jh audio maybe i should have gone with the ue18s

So is that a wait 2 weeks till they send them or you'll receive them in 2wks.  I also have a border to contend with so I get to add another week.  I really wish I didn't sell my SE530s and wish their website reflected the fact that your IEM don't get sent out 5 days after they receive your molds. 

Official member of the volcanoes suck foundation

May 18, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #874 of 3,787

Quote:
That's what I'm worried about, but I do need a "beater" pair to wear to the gym and sometimes to sleep.  That's what I use my IE8 for currently, but I'm thinking of selling them and getting JH5 while I wait for the 16s, I'd probably have the 5s like 2-3 weeks before my 16s.

Another concern is that my ears seem to be abnormally prone to itchiness, and the only tips I've tried which don't make me want to yank my IEMs out of my ears after an hour or so would be the single flange with shallow insertion (and even these still itch).  Based on my brief experience with my custom TF10s, the deeply-inserted acrylic tips of customs will also itch my ears.  Will be a shame if I have these awesome IEMs, but I can only enjoy them for short periods of time before I have to pull them out.  Anyone else have this problem, either with universals or customs?

I get very itchy ears with most universal IEM, but this never happens with my custom IEM - including full acrylic tips like JH13Pro and UE11Pro, or those with heat sensitive tips from Westone.

May 18, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #876 of 3,787

Quote:
i think the two weeks meant until they send them I could be wrong though because they really didnt specify

I hope thats an accurate time they gave you. You did post they said "atleast 2 weeks" so your wait time may be more. whats your order#? mine is 1586, ordered 5-4-10 and impressions recieved 5-6-10. Just getting an estimate since they recieved your impressions a a little while b4 mine.

May 19, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #880 of 3,787

Quote:
They are separate. 

Ok, and how do you know this?  They have techs that only work on a certain line of IEMs?  That doesn't seem very efficient for a small shop.

Quote:
1576 is my order number

Well, if they told you 2 weeks, and your impressions only arrived 2 weeks ago, that may be a good sign.  I was a week before you, and about 45 orders before, so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.  But I have a feeling it was more like "check back in 2 weeks", since there are people who ordered in late March whose orders don't seem to be in the lab yet.

May 19, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #881 of 3,787
They are about 7 weeks behind. One person posted on the JH Audio Facebook page that he just received his 16s today. His order number was #1450 which was placed on March 29th and the lab received earmolds on April 2nd.

May 19, 2010 at 7:59 AM Post #882 of 3,787

Quote:
They are about 7 weeks behind. One person posted on the JH Audio Facebook page that he just received his 16s today. His order number was #1450 which was placed on March 29th and the lab received earmolds on April 2nd.

That is right, mine is shipping out today.Shipped out impressions 5th April, impressions received by 9th April (I presume)

Can't wait for tonight!

May 19, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #885 of 3,787

Quote:
Presumably these delays will affect those waiting for JH13s as well?

Does anyone know the current turnaround time on the 13s?

I don't think the delay has affected the JH13's since the drivers are different.  The delay for the 16's was due to a shipment of drivers being delayed by the volcano/ash cloud in Europe.  I believe a few pages ago someone posted that they ordered 13's recently and got them through the lab and shipped within a few days. 

Now that 16 production seems to have started back up, though, the turnaround time might go up since there is now more work to be done (producing both the 13's and 16's.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back