JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Mar 24, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #31 of 3,787
First IMPRESSIONS? Haha...thats like a pun, huh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Impressions of custom IEMs......ear impressions...lol !!!

beerchug.gif

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #34 of 3,787
You boys are loaded.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #35 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by nycdoi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm wondering if a Twag replacement cable will bring the bass to the level of overwhelming....

I have the JH13 TWag recable, and I don't feel the TWag enhance the bass range that much.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #37 of 3,787
For those of you that like the so call "colored sound","house sound" or "bass boost" type of sound as may be in the case the JH16, can you share with me whether this type of phones will get old for yo? I mean if you keep listening to everything with the same sound signature or pattern, will a person get tire of that soon? Is it kind of like putting ketchup on everything, pretty soon everything taste like ketchup regardless of what you eat. Whereas a more neutral sound characteristic will just reflect what is in the recording. Am I thinking in the right direction? For those that like bass heavy phone, does it make the whole music presentation more full as in more body or meatier?

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #40 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by klatzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi Jude,

Thanks for the review. How does the JH16 sound out of iPhone 3GS direct?

Yep damn good question. Are your impressions mostly based on amped performance? Is there a significant difference between amped, and HP sound?

does it 'open the floodgates' so to speak?

cheers mate, wonderful review. you've completely confirmed for that that i've ordered the right customs

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #41 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those of you that like the so call "colored sound","house sound" or "bass boost" type of sound as may be in the case the JH16, can you share with me whether this type of phones will get old for yo? I mean if you keep listening to everything with the same sound signature or pattern, will a person get tire of that soon? Is it kind of like putting ketchup on everything, pretty soon everything taste like ketchup regardless of what you eat. Whereas a more neutral sound characteristic will just reflect what is in the recording. Am I thinking in the right direction? For those that like bass heavy phone, does it make the whole music presentation more full as in more body or meatier?

Yes it gives the overall sound more body generally but in the case of the JH16 I'm not sure about that because Jude stated that the high and mid range is pretty much the same as the JH13 so perhaps the bottom end just has more impact and detail. The problem with colored phones is that certain genres of music sound better than others where as with neutral phones every genre sounds the way it's supposed to sound. For example with colored phones too much bass could be overkill with house or dance music but listening with the same phones to say classical music it would sound ok. With neutral phones house music would sound just right and classical music would also sound right.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #45 of 3,787
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The JH16 Pro has a bigger bass bump than the UE18 Pro I've got.

Sorry if I'm a bit off-topic, but that statement certainly begs the question of: how does the bass on the JH13 Pro compare to the bass on the UE18 Pro? Are they comparable, or is the low end on the UE18 somewhere in between the JH13/16?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back