Quote:
16 > 13.
etysmile.gif
deadhorse.gif

HiFiMAN DAC > Pico DAC
etysmile.gif
deadhorse.gif

May 10, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #692 of 3,787
1548, I sent my impressions overnight ... they didn't update "ear-mold's received" till I emailed them which was may 3rd ... and no lab notice since. They got them on a Tuesday 4/27, it will be 2 weeks tomorrow. So hopefully Ill get an update sometime in the next week. No custom art so no delays there. but who knows, Im anxious ... I would rather them make the buds than respond to emails. I dont know how many orders they have vs how large their capacity is to process those orders. but theres obv 38 orders b.w me and another member.

May 10, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #693 of 3,787
Quote:
Quote:

" I know on head-fi it's very easy to exaggerate meager differences but from my listening the 13s and 16s are mostly the same. There are no differences in soundstage, attack, decay, transients, timbre, imaging, et alia as far as these ears can hear. I was hoping for the 16s to have a slightly more spacious headstage, but that didn't happen. It's really that extra sub-bass, which is just a matter of taste. " Quoted from 3XO

" If you have (or have heard a good demo of) the JH13 Pro, and tend to prefer more bass impact than the JH13 Pro currently has (to my ears, the JH13 Pro doesn't lack for bass at all), then the JH16 Pro will give it to you with no tradeoffs that I can hear. " Quoted from Jude

" [size=large][size=10pt]The 16 isn’t offering better sound. The biggest difference is going to be in the low end. The 16 is more bass heavy than the 13. But as far as detail goes, it’s just as good as the 13. " Quoted from Jerry Harvey[/size][/size]

I don't need to hear the JH16 Pro when I'm hearing the same thing about over and over again, especially from the creator.

That doesn't answer my question, but anyway, thanks for the reply.

May 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #695 of 3,787

Quote:
1548, I sent my impressions overnight ... they didn't update "ear-mold's received" till I emailed them which was may 3rd ... and no lab notice since. They got them on a Tuesday 4/27, it will be 2 weeks tomorrow. So hopefully Ill get an update sometime in the next week. No custom art so no delays there. but who knows, Im anxious ... I would rather them make the buds than respond to emails. I dont know how many orders they have vs how large their capacity is to process those orders. but theres obv 38 orders b.w me and another member.

They are a bit backlogged, so unfortunately you'll have to wait some time. Hope you get them soon and enjoy them!

May 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #696 of 3,787

Quote:

Heh, looks like I ordered a day or two before you and I'm 17 orders ahead.  That would be pretty amazing if they're averaging 15 JH16 orders a day (not sure if the order numbers are specific to each line of IEMs).  Combine that with shipment delays for parts and getting sidetracked by refits, and you easily have a 3-4 week wait.  It's even more painful for me since I sold off my W3s and "only" have IE8s and D2000s to tide me over.  But hey, I just bought $1200 headphones that are going to be custom made for me and provide incredible enjoyment for 5+ years, so I'm pretty sure it'll be worth the wait. 

May 10, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #698 of 3,787
Just wanted to give my own experience to hopefully address some of the questions in this thread. I have the JH-13s.

Isolation: I have a very good seal with my 13s, but they don't isolate as well as my Shure se530s did. That said, they do isolate well. I've played many (50+) shows with them in a drum cage, and don't have a problem with drum bleed-in. I've also started using them with acoustic/voice in my band, and they work well for that. Without music playing, I can head people next to me having a conversation, though their voices are soft and muffled. With music, I can't hear anything around me. Isolation is not a problem, but don't expect the world around you to be silent.

JH Audio service: In a word: amazing. I had a total of 7 or 8 refits, which could have been terrible if the process wasn't so painless. Generally the time from when I mailed them out to to when I received them back was just over a week. And I mailed them from Oregon to Florida each time. This means that in JH Audio altered the phones in a day or two, and then mailed it back 2-3 day shipping. Some of the best service I've ever received from a company, and makes the prospect of refits (which are quite common) bearable. Without JH Audio's great service the refit process would suck. My highest recommendation.

Refits: If you've done a couple refits and the headphones still seem far off, get new impressions. I did that, and it helped so much. I should have done it sooner.

13 vs 16: I play drums live and haven't had a problem with bass response on the 13s. If the 16s were available to order at the same time as the 13s, I probably would have ordered them, however. They're only $50 more, and I don't think the extra bass would hurt. That said, I'm 100% content with the 13s and see no reason to upgrade. Either pair is an excellent choice.

Sonic 748i: Stop, please. No one cares about your loyalty to the 13s, and your fanatical posts aren't helping anyone. Your loyalty to the 13s is more annoying than it is helpful. I'm all for letting everyone contribute, but many of your posts make me want to leave this thread/forum.

Overall: An amazing set of headphones. Great for live performance, mixing, and listening. Highly recommended, especially considering the level of customer service and support from the guys at JH Audio.

May 10, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #699 of 3,787
My earmolds arrived at the JH labs one week ago and I was told at that time the total turn-around time would be 4 weeks for my order.  I was told that yes the Iceland volcano did cause the delays.  Of course, now that I see that some people have waited 5 weeks now, I am a bit concerned. 

I am sure that the wait will be worth it, but right now I do not see much light at the end of the tunnel.

May 10, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #700 of 3,787

Quote:
My earmolds arrived at the JH labs one week ago and I was told at that time the total turn-around time would be 4 weeks for my order.  I was told that yes the Iceland volcano did cause the delays.  Of course, now that I see that some people have waited 5 weeks now, I am a bit concerned. 

I am sure that the wait will be worth it, but right now I do not see much light at the end of the tunnel.

It will be.  If it makes you feel any better I have waited almost 8 weeks to get mine due to the pre-order.  I'm sure you'd rather give them sufficient time to get it right instead of trying to rush them and compromise on quality.  It will come and assuming your molds were done correctly, you'll be in for some jaw-drapping moments just for starters.

I was so impressed with the JH16s that I have ordered a pair of JH13s a few weeks later as a backup.  What more can I say?

May 10, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #701 of 3,787

Quote:
my only working pair of headphones is a sony mdr-sa5k ... with a blown left channel ... so for me, the wait is excruciating! im waiting on the 16s so i can then send the sonys to get recabled.

I feel your pain...
L3000.gif

Trust me, once the JH16s arrive, you won't need the Sonys anymore...there can be only one!  LOL

May 10, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #702 of 3,787

Quote:
It will be.  If it makes you feel any better I have waited almost 8 weeks to get mine due to the pre-order.  I'm sure you'd rather give them sufficient time to get it right instead of trying to rush them and compromise on quality.  It will come and assuming your molds were done correctly, you'll be in for some jaw-drapping moments just for starters.

I was so impressed with the JH16s that I have ordered a pair of JH13s a few weeks later as a backup.  What more can I say?

I am sure my molds will be fine, my audiologist did a great job on my previous ones.

Oh, and your comparison thread was one of the main reasons I ordered the '16s.  It's reviews like yours that makes the wait that much more excruciating!  
etysmile.gif

May 10, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #703 of 3,787
I'm order # 1477. 
My order was signed for 4-5 days before it changed status to "Earmolds Received" which was on 4/15/2010.  I'm still waiting for "In the Lab".

May 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #704 of 3,787

Quote:
I'm order # 1477. 
My order was signed for 4-5 days before it changed status to "Earmolds Received" which was on 4/15/2010.  I'm still waiting for "In the Lab".

Yikes.  This means either they're not sending "in the lab" notices, or they're REALLY backed up.  I'm starting to think that the turnaround will be more like 5-6 weeks, not 3-4.

May 11, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #705 of 3,787
I've found the isolation very comparable to my Shure SE530s with Comply tips. I did a rather informal test using a sound meter and found my isolation to be a bit in excess of the advertised 26 dB. I'm very satisfied from that standpoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back