JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jul 3, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #3,557 of 3,787
Quote:
Don't.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-hall-fame

wink.gif

Lol I was about to say that..

Jul 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #3,559 of 3,787
Jul 6, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #3,560 of 3,787
Jul 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #3,562 of 3,787
Just suddenly curious due to the last comment about the 8A, is it just the tonal difference between the jh16 and 8a? Like the jh16 is more analytical and treble-bass accentuated while the 8a is more silky and has strong mids? Or am I just talking bullsh*t?

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #3,563 of 3,787
I haven't heard the JH Audio gear - but my limited time with my 8A's and I would describe them as smooth - almost an analog feel to them. As for mid-centric - I don't think so - I ran a dynamic range test off a website and they start with a 10hz tone and there was great volume there - also the sound remained constant up to the higher ranges without any large dips - so very detailed throughout the spectrum without being sibilant or too sharp edged - if you (or I) know what I mean...

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #3,564 of 3,787
hmm.....analog....what sound or instrument/music does that relate to? not completely sure what analog seems to indicate. I'm guessing for modern dance, electronic, and EDM this analog sound is not really a good match. Perhaps I should stick with my Jh16..

Jul 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM Post #3,565 of 3,787
When I say analog - what I think I mean is the sound is cohesive - not hyper-detailed. Not a sound where you are hearing a combination of elements and focus on the assembly of those elements - but are actually able to take a step back and focus on the whole, without the individual elements jarring you out of the composition. Certainly each instrument is there and you are able to discern their location - nothing is smeared - but it like seeing the forest and not being so close as to being forced to regard each individual tree.

Jul 11, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #3,566 of 3,787
Quote:
hmm.....analog....what sound or instrument/music does that relate to? not completely sure what analog seems to indicate. I'm guessing for modern dance, electronic, and EDM this analog sound is not really a good match. Perhaps I should stick with my Jh16..

Stick with your JH16. :wink:

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #3,567 of 3,787
@tupac0306

Yes many have recommended the jh16 over the 8a for my lively and aggressive music taste. I also disagree with these people as I also believe this too. However, as any audiophile, i am just curious what in gods name this 8a thingy sounds like... Perhaps with some classical or jazz, the 8a would really shine?

Jul 11, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #3,568 of 3,787
Quote:
@tupac0306

Yes many have recommended the jh16 over the 8a for my lively and aggressive music taste. I also disagree with these people as I also believe this too. However, as any audiophile, i am just curious what in gods name this 8a thingy sounds like... Perhaps with some classical or jazz, the 8a would really shine?

No. 8.a will actually shine with same genres that JH16 will shine with. JH16 is better at classcial or jazz than 8.a IMO. JH16 is more neutral and balanced, specially the new FP one. As you probably know JH16 is actually colored ciem, now imagine how colored 8.a can be. But I am not surprised some people prefer this very warm and smooth sound over fairly analytical and fast sound of JH16, although I find the new 16 smooth enough.

Jul 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #3,569 of 3,787
I'll be getting my JH16's in under a month, I'm so excited to finally be able to practice and perform on stage properly. I'm unsure of how it will be playing with them in my ears but it's something I'll need to adjust to. I've been searching for a musicians review on the JH16 but all I've been able to find are Audiophile and Gear reviews. So I'll be posting my own review of the JH16 pro FP when I have a chance to test them out on stage and in my practice room, oh and not to forget how great they sound.

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #3,570 of 3,787
Quote:
I'll be getting my JH16's in under a month, I'm so excited to finally be able to practice and perform on stage properly. I'm unsure of how it will be playing with them in my ears but it's something I'll need to adjust to. I've been searching for a musicians review on the JH16 but all I've been able to find are Audiophile and Gear reviews. So I'll be posting my own review of the JH16 pro FP when I have a chance to test them out on stage and in my practice room, oh and not to forget how great they sound.

Congrates!  I got my JH16 2 years ago.  I never regret it, it's awesome experience!!

beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back