JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
May 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #3,526 of 3,787
I thought 80 (for the c5) was bad too, because the e11 bass boost was around 50.  But for some reason it turned out better.  I should check to see where the hell the xba 40's boost is located...

Anyway I'll see in a few weeks whether or not it's a good or bad match for the jh16.  If not, I still got the e11, and if that don't work I can always get other amps.  But for now it's really really good with the xba 40.  Also note that there are others who have commented/praised on the c5's unique theater-like bass rumble, and they don't have the xba 40's lol.

edit:  can't find the xba 40's frequency response chart!  apparrently it's not good/popular enough for anyone to wanna make one!

May 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #3,527 of 3,787
Quote:
I thought 80 (for the c5) was bad too, because the e11 bass boost was around 50.  But for some reason it turned out better.  I should check to see where the hell the xba 40's boost is located...

Anyway I'll see in a few weeks whether or not it's a good or bad match for the jh16.  If not, I still got the e11, and if that don't work I can always get other amps.  But for now it's really really good with the xba 40.

edit:  can't find the xba 40's frequency response chart!  apparrently it's not good/popular enough for anyone to wanna make one!

Looking for this ? 

May 6, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #3,528 of 3,787
hmm that could explain why sometimes I hear 2 singers haha.  But that just makes it more awesome.

May 7, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #3,529 of 3,787
DYnamic drives do offfer more bass rumble. However, their decay and attack are extremely slow compared to BAs. So that depends on what music one listens to. Slower music is fitting more with dynamic drivers like the bass-heavy wan xuan customs. But if you listen to quick music that I listen to, (dubstep, house, trance, EDM, etc.) then BAs are more fitting. But strictly speaking, yes the dynamic drivers do offer more rumble, but less in punch and attack.

May 7, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #3,530 of 3,787
Quote:
Quote:
If the jh16 is driven by a proper amp (anedio d2, jh3a, etc.) then the bass it produces is very much near perfection

I still find the bass of the dynamic driver somehow punchier ( more rumble )

Can anyone recommend foam sleeves compatible with customs ? some people around me want to demo my IEM before ordering. Not sure if it's possible.

Would like to know this as well

May 7, 2013 at 6:50 AM Post #3,531 of 3,787
Quote:
DYnamic drives do offfer more bass rumble. However, their decay and attack are extremely slow compared to BAs. So that depends on what music one listens to. Slower music is fitting more with dynamic drivers like the bass-heavy wan xuan customs. But if you listen to quick music that I listen to, (dubstep, house, trance, EDM, etc.) then BAs are more fitting. But strictly speaking, yes the dynamic drivers do offer more rumble, but less in punch and attack.

would a shorter nozzle tip improve the bass rumble ? I'm not sure how the sound is affected the more you're closed to the eardrum.

May 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #3,532 of 3,787
It's hard to say because few of us have had 2 different length nozzles of the same ciem but in universals, closer increases the midbass, likely by better coupling in a smaller airspace. Low bass may also get enhanced but the added midbass increases more noticeably to where any additional low bass is not noticed.

May 7, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #3,533 of 3,787
Quote:

That's not on all dynamic driver yjk. The 1Plus2, Flat 4 Sui & EX1000 have fast decay being dynamic drivers. With the 1Plus2 being extremely fast.

May 7, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #3,534 of 3,787
Yes there are exceptions but just based on my feelings it feels like dynamics are a bit slower than BA. But that may juat be my ears :)

May 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #3,538 of 3,787
I'd bet there's less midbass over the low bass bur it is whatever you hear it is.
bigsmile_face.gif

May 8, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #3,539 of 3,787
So for the past month or so I've been shopping for a big audio system for my living room.  I think I've finally figured out what I'm getting, it's around $10,000, and here's the best part--my JH 16's w/freq are still better.  
blink.gif

I mean, the clarity and low-end definition on the 16's is just so astoundingly good, it's hard to go to something that can't match it.

May 8, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #3,540 of 3,787
yea, I find iems are better than hifi speaker systems.  It's like the sound gets dispersed through the air and feels like a waste once it gets to your ears.  IEMs however, go straight to your eardrums. 

edit:  Oh yeah that's also good news for me!  Now the wait for the jh16's are just killing me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back