JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Jun 30, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #3,031 of 3,787
I bought the pico slim to go with my JH16 pros and everything I listen to sounds like live music, I'm not even exaggerating. The pico slim gives the JH16 pros a lot of energy, it's hard to describe but it just makes everything sound more alive, the bass sounds richer as well. The JH16 pro will sound great using just an ipod but it wasn't until I found an amp, particularly the pico slim (because I have tried other amplifiers that didn't complement the sound of the jh16 pro well) that I enjoy listening to my music more than I ever have in the past. I HIGHLY recommend the pico slim for the JH16 pros, it complements these iems very well. I'm using the pico slim with the whiplash audio Twag v2, the headamp recommended whiplash audio micro lod and an Ipod classic. The best part in the long run is that I no longer have to listen to my music at high volume levels in order to get a good balanced sound because even on the lowest setting everything sounds balanced and all the details of the recording are present. I didn't realize before that the reason I used to listen to music at high volume was to get a balanced sound from all the instruments in the recording, now I don't have to do that. There's one issue that I have with the pico slim though and it's that there's an audible pop when you power on the amp but that can be avoided by plugging the headphones in after you power on the amplifier.

Here's a photo I posted on JHaudio's Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3545317504947&set=p.3545317504947&type=1&theater

Jul 1, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #3,032 of 3,787
Great to see you loving the JH16's. See if you can go to a meet and listen to a CLAS and Rx3 combo. You may prompt wallet scare though! :)

Jul 1, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #3,033 of 3,787
I have the Pico Slim (with iMod 5.5 as a source) that I use with the JH13s and they rig works really well together.  Throw a CLAS in there and it steps everything up a notch..... a big notch!

Jul 1, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #3,034 of 3,787
No thanks I'm good for the foreseeable future. I've tried so long to find a set up I like that now I just want to enjoy my music. There's a particular sound signature that I was going for and I've found it so I'm glad to say that the search is over
smile.gif

Jul 1, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #3,035 of 3,787
Good form. Great to hear that you are satisfied with your rig. I am at that point now too with my portable. I hardly ever listen to my home rig now even.

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #3,040 of 3,787
For truly neutral you want JH13. JH16 is mostly neutral except for a somewhat boosted bottom end

Jul 7, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #3,042 of 3,787
Quote:
guys is the jh16 considered neutral as i read in a review and it said that the jh16 is a neutral sounding earphone is this true??

JH 16 has a slight V shape spectrum compared to neutral IMO.

Jul 8, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #3,043 of 3,787
My view is try the iBasso Pb2 with HiFlight opamps or just go all the way with an Alo Rx3. Both running balanced output. The increase in spaciousness is like going from stereo to a surround setup.

Jul 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM Post #3,044 of 3,787
hello
im sorry if this was already mentioned
i just got my jh16.
i do not consider myself an audiophile.
with the jh16, is there a huge difference between 320kbps ogg vorbis and flac/lossleess?
I always could never hear the difference
Does the jh16 really show the clear difference if I just run it unamped from my macbook pro or ipod touch?
im asking cuz flac is so hard to get for me and I am not sure if it is worth the effort to get those file types
thanks

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #3,045 of 3,787
Hi, i'm new to this forum but reading it for a couple of days already.

I received my jh16pro yesterday. AMAZING!!

Can someone please post some pictures with the soft wrap applied?

my jh16 fit very well and they don't hurt but as soon as i start walking i can hear a little clicking noise every now and then. it also happens while yawning, eating and drinking. does anybody else have that?

they might need a refit but that's only going to happen after my vacation....

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back