JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #9,316 of 10,747
Quote:
My Heirs seemed a bit tight when I got them on 7/5 - there was a bit of pain deep in the left canal at first - now they fit like a glove with NO pain - they isolate better than any headphone I have owned. It is like they aren't there, just music entering my head. I would give it some time as the last thing you want is for them to adjust you out of what could be a proper fit. 

Nice to know that.

Gladly JHAudio gives us 30 days to send it back for refitting.

Jul 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #9,317 of 10,747
Has there been a comparison with these and the UE Reference Monitors? I've been thinking of getting another custom iem at this level and always wanted the JH13.

Jul 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #9,319 of 10,747
Quote:
Wasnt the UERM in that massive innerfidelity ciem review?

It was, but I don't think it was represented very well.  Not everyone on the panel had an UERM and the two who did - favor a little more warmth in their equipment. Also, there wasn't much credit for customer service of all the companies, provided accessories, etc. etc.

Both are technically very good - it just depends on what flavor you prefer. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #9,320 of 10,747
I just re-read the innerfidelity "ToTL Madness" review. Steve did have some notable points when he compared the two.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/totl-madness-24-top-line-custom-ear-monitors-reviewed-steve-guttenberg

Jul 19, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #9,321 of 10,747
Could anyone explain to me the difference between "canal tip" and "canal area" as described on JHA's refit form? I feel a little pain that seems to be inside de earcanal, so am I right to assume it's likely to be an issue with the "canal tip"?

BTW, I tried contact with JHAudio but they replied without answering this question.

This IEM is really awesome, I'm hoping my ear gets used to the piece and I don't have to send them back. I'd miss them every single day. Best imaging I've ever heard on a IEM (surely beating also a lot of big cans), not to mention the big and full sound. Listening this record now, pure pleasure:

Jul 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #9,322 of 10,747
Got both my silver and silver+1%gold this morning. Found the silver/gold more to my liking :/. 
If anyone is interested in cables, i have an 8 strand pure silver from plussound with right angle rhodium connector; brand new (used for an hour A/Bing). 
I have the receipt and everything ( bought the thing 382.99USD).
Can be bought for $330 USD (shipped).

Save some time and buy it from me :D.

Sigh.. Its so vexing to get the cables the day that the Jh13s are going to get sent for a refit/recolor. 

Jul 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #9,324 of 10,747
Yeah I made the mistake of going full retard on the cables. I should've chosen the 4-strand as they look very flexible as the jh-stock cable. The difference made by the cable is very subtle; its there, but requires one's full attention to notice. I was painting on of the rooms of my house while I had an x8 (silver/gold) and all i noticed is the increased presence of the mids/vocals. Will give them a good, long, quiet listen tonight. Hopefully the burning them in would increase its character LOL 
etysmile.gif
. I bought 2 cables just to see what the difference is between pure silver and silver/gold. After a couple of hours with them, I am still skeptical -.-. Maybe its just my inexperience iwth hi-fi music as it has only been 5 months since I've plunge myself into the hobby.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #9,325 of 10,747
Quote:
Yeah I made the mistake of going full retard on the cables. I should've chosen the 4-strand as they look very flexible as the jh-stock cable. The difference made by the cable is very subtle; its there, but requires one's full attention to notice. I was painting on of the rooms of my house while I had an x8 (silver/gold) and all i noticed is the increased presence of the mids/vocals. Will give them a good, long, quiet listen tonight. Hopefully the burning them in would increase its character LOL 
etysmile.gif
. I bought 2 cables just to see what the difference is between pure silver and silver/gold. After a couple of hours with them, I am still skeptical -.-. Maybe its just my inexperience iwth hi-fi music as it has only been 5 months since I've plunge myself into the hobby.

No, you're absolutely right.  You shouldn't be able to hear almost any difference at all since the main part of both cables is silver.  Now if you were comparing silver to copper, that'd be a different story.

Jul 20, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #9,327 of 10,747
my right side wasnt fitting as well and i tried the comply wraps and at least now it isolates better. thing is i thought my left fit was perfect fit. but now with the wraps it sounds better with more low end. i'm now thinking if i should refit both sides to slightly larger at the tips.

also. comply comfort wraps my foot. feels like sandpaper when putting in/removing

Jul 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #9,328 of 10,747
Well it hurts a little bit less now but feels uncomfortable anyway. It's like the left earpiece has an extra layer on it.

Refit, here we go...
frown.gif

Jul 25, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #9,330 of 10,747
Quote:
Found out that the drivers on mine were't "matched"
Using the test below: "driver matching"
http://www.audiocheck.net/Audio/audiocheck.net_headphonesweep20Hz-10kHz.mp3

I have compared my 13s with my fxz-200 (gym phones) and found the 13s to be around 80* - 84* while the fxz-200 to be around 88* - 89* (with 90* being dead center). Sigh..

More likely fit or a blocked bore. 1st, check that the bores are clean. Easy for 1st time custom users to clog them immediately. They're reaching new places.
Next. physically manipulate the side that's down and see if positioning, tilting etc. helps. Ear geometry can partially damp a bore at a canal bend.  It will help JH help you if you discover something. Their bores tend to be towards the inside edge so try tilting the back  of the shell away from you. It may be a little uncomfortable but also tell you something one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back