JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 15, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #9,302 of 10,747
The ladies have arrived. They are stunning in red and fits prefectly.  

I was shocked when i first heard them (studio V on max volume; kidding). The soundstage and resolution is a very obvious upgrade from the IE80. The disgustingly overpowered bass of the IE80 has died down, while still having enough punch and emphasis to make me smile. I have been listening to them for about three hours now while installing hardwood on out basement. PURE BLISS 
etysmile.gif
. Though I wish there is more emphasis on the mids/vocals (my sweet spot), but according to others from this thread, it opens up after some hundred hours of burn in. This I hope is true.

If only my cables are black 
triportsad.gif
; it would match my studio V and these beauts. Plussound only offers silver & silver+gold in clear-transparent, making them appear white.
OH WELL.

On another note, do any of you use the included comply soft wraps? I've been using them and they are some what uncomfortable to remove and put back in, with very minute difference inisolation and fit (subtle, but almost unnoticeable).

Jul 15, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #9,303 of 10,747
Holy dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly :wink: lol

Jul 16, 2013 at 12:36 AM Post #9,304 of 10,747
Quote:
Holy dam. It takes a LOooOOng time to get the perfect seal. It took me to 10 min of turning and twisting to get the rich, full sound that i experienced before removing them. I guess "too deep" does exist as it blocks 2-3 of the bore holes making them sound lame. Hopefully i get better on finding the right spot quickly
wink.gif
lol

Yeah, I find it takes a little practice, but from my experience atm, it doesn't take long before you hit that sweet spot the first time every time. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #9,306 of 10,747
My tips are short. I just pop them in quickly and push the caps firmly against my ears. Takes me less time to situate than universals. I don't need to twist etc. Once in, you should be able to firmly push the center of the cap portion against your ear. When the pressure is release, they should still be where they belong. My first bend is rather shallow and is barely reached so I can have this fit with stability. It will be a bit different for everyone.

Jul 17, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #9,307 of 10,747
Didnt want to admit it, but my right earpiece is a lil bit shallow and is lacking some girth. Its just not as secure as the left earpiece. :frowning2: i dont want to see them go as i just got them...
Anyone know the avrg. Turnover time for a reshell?

Jul 17, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #9,309 of 10,747
Quote:
Didnt want to admit it, but my right earpiece is a lil bit shallow and is lacking some girth. Its just not as secure as the left earpiece.
frown.gif
i dont want to see them go as i just got them...

If you live in the US and just bought them, 3 days. Otherwise 5. Basically 1 day for them to do it, and 1-2 days shipping each way. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #9,310 of 10,747
Quote:
Didnt want to admit it, but my right earpiece is a lil bit shallow and is lacking some girth. Its just not as secure as the left earpiece.
frown.gif
i dont want to see them go as i just got them...

You could try a bit of clear nail polish to test but stay away from the bores and it can be removed with nail polish remover. At least that worked for me. I did the last bit of fine tune myself but I wouldn't recommend sanding if you intend to use the fit warranty.

Jul 17, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #9,311 of 10,747
Mine have arrived. Are those comply wraps really necessary? I'm not quite sure about the fit.

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #9,312 of 10,747
Comply wraps are a band-aid for a bad fit in my opinion. Possibly use them when you need an extra isolating fit. Mine fit a little different than my UERM. My JH13 tips don't go as deep, but are a little fatter - they both block about the same amount of noise.

Jul 18, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #9,313 of 10,747
Quote:
Comply wraps are a band-aid for a bad fit in my opinion. Possibly use them when you need an extra isolating fit. Mine fit a little different than my UERM. My JH13 tips don't go as deep, but are a little fatter - they both block about the same amount of noise.

Thanks for the reply, they fit and sound better to my ears without the wraps.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:49 PM Post #9,314 of 10,747
Still the left earpiece feels a bit tight in the ear canal. Os is it that the tip is too long? How can I tell? I need to diferentiate cause that's required on the refit form on JHAudio's site. All I know is that after a few hours of use, my left earcanal hurts a little bit.

I hope a refit can solve this... but what if it comes back too loose?
frown.gif

Maybe I should give a couple of days and see if my ear can get used to the pressure?
confused_face_2.gif

The right earpiece fits perfectly though. since first use, even with the wraps. It's like there's nothing on my ears at all. I would like to have this feeling on both ears.

Jul 18, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #9,315 of 10,747
My Heirs seemed a bit tight when I got them on 7/5 - there was a bit of pain deep in the left canal at first - now they fit like a glove with NO pain - they isolate better than any headphone I have owned. It is like they aren't there, just music entering my head. I would give it some time as the last thing you want is for them to adjust you out of what could be a proper fit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back