JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Sep 24, 2010 at 6:52 AM Post #8,311 of 10,743
Nice! The speed is probably the most amazing part for me. You really hear the difference between sooooooooo many other headphones. Actually never heard anything that is as fast, guessing that would be Stax Omega and LCD2.

Sep 24, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #8,312 of 10,743
I'm not one to "demo" an IEM,  I fear germs
angry_face.gif

When listening to the electric guitar be it Jazz or well recording rock with these JH-13-Pros,  is it close as in right next to you ( ala Grado) or is it distant down the hall (ala Senns) ?

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #8,313 of 10,743
I love the earphones, but does anybody else think JH audio makes subpar cables? I got in on one of the JH specials so I received a replacement cable. When I tried the replacement cable after storing it in my drawer for a couple of months, it was defective. I said to myself "tough luck" and decided to live with it since I never tried it out when it first got here. However, the cables that came with the earphones have gone bad after 9 months of use now and I really do take good care of my cables/headphones. I'm thinking about getting replacement cables from JH audio (which is the cheapest option I guess) but am afraid they'll go bad soon after i get them again. So for all those who bought custom earphones from JH audio, how are your cables holding up?

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #8,314 of 10,743

Quote:
I love the earphones, but does anybody else think JH audio makes subpar cables? I got in on one of the JH specials so I received a replacement cable. When I tried the replacement cable after storing it in my drawer for a couple of months, it was defective. I said to myself "tough luck" and decided to live with it since I never tried it out when it first got here. However, the cables that came with the earphones have gone bad after 9 months of use now and I really do take good care of my cables/headphones. I'm thinking about getting replacement cables from JH audio (which is the cheapest option I guess) but am afraid they'll go bad soon after i get them again. So for all those who bought custom earphones from JH audio, how are your cables holding up?

IMHO - Unfortunately, there are not many companies out there that provide decent cables, which is why there are after market cable companies providing some top notch cables. It's expensive, but if you've already shelled out for the 13s, then it would be worth it to save up.

Sep 24, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #8,315 of 10,743

Nice! The speed is probably the most amazing part for me. You really hear the difference between sooooooooo many other headphones. Actually never heard anything that is as fast, guessing that would be Stax Omega and LCD2.

Actually,I've heard.the ck10($200) speed is as fast ad jh13.I can't remember correctly since I sold it but I think it felt lighter than jh13 because of the deficient bass of ck10.
For me the most amazing thing in jh13 are decay and echo.both are sublime.ofcourse I heard this in my first refit but what I hear now is sub $300 iem because of what they did with my 2nd refit.
I haven't taken an impression yet because I had infection in my outer left ear which will alter the refit,but now it's healed.

I will go either tomorrow or after to make new impressions.

Sep 25, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #8,319 of 10,743
Aren't the cables JH Audio use the same as the Westone ES series cables? They certainly seem very similar to the cable on the W3's I had a while back.

Sep 25, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #8,321 of 10,743

Quote:
Actually,I've heard.the ck10($200) speed is as fast ad jh13.I can't remember correctly since I sold it but I think it felt lighter than jh13 because of the deficient bass of ck10.
For me the most amazing thing in jh13 are decay and echo.both are sublime.ofcourse I heard this in my first refit but what I hear now is sub $300 iem because of what they did with my 2nd refit.
I haven't taken an impression yet because I had infection in my outer left ear which will alter the refit,but now it's healed.

I will go either tomorrow or after to make new impressions.

Interesting. I would have thought speed and decay go hand in hand?

Sep 26, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #8,322 of 10,743

Quote:
has anyone ever ordered their JH to be made "low profile"  if so could you please post a photo.. or if anyone is absolutely certain that they know what one looks like could you tell me which ones are by picking them from this list

im trying to decide if i want mine to be "normal" or low profile

any other experiences or tips on making this decision would be much appreciated

here's a pic of my re-made 16s in low profile.  i had to have adam remake them himself as the fit and build quality the first two times around was not good at all.

Oct 4, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #8,323 of 10,743
Pretty amazing, heard something with the JH-13 that i never heard on a song i have listened to over the years.  Led Zepplin studio cut of "The Ocean" from Houses of the Holy.  At about 1:38 or 39 and then again at 1:41 there is a phone ringing in the studio in the background.  At first i though it was the cell phone over hear that i was hearing thru the iem but it wasn't so i listened again and there it was.  Incredible.  Got them hooked to my home rig due to tv on in here, macbook pro>Amarra>Diverter>Digital Link>Lisa lll>Jh-13.

Oct 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #8,324 of 10,743
I am loving my JH13s. The sounds are amazing. I cant even listen to my Grado SR225s anymore. The JH13s are crisp and clear where the 225s are not. I am not so good with the explanations on anything yet. So sorry for the bad not so much of a review.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #8,325 of 10,743

Quote:
Pretty amazing, heard something with the JH-13 that i never heard on a song i have listened to over the years.  Led Zepplin studio cut of "The Ocean" from Houses of the Holy.  At about 1:38 or 39 and then again at 1:41 there is a phone ringing in the studio in the background.  At first i though it was the cell phone over hear that i was hearing thru the iem but it wasn't so i listened again and there it was.  Incredible.  Got them hooked to my home rig due to tv on in here, macbook pro>Amarra>Diverter>Digital Link>Lisa lll>Jh-13.

The first couple of times I heard that phone ringing in "The Ocean", it was on my home speaker rig, and I paused the music to see if my phone was ringing.  Glad you're enjoying your JH-13's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back