JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 5, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #8,192 of 10,743
There is absolutly no quality control over at Jh audio.
Wrong shipping address,wrong colours,crappy artworks,scratches,charging me without doing what I requested,not solving my fit problem although I told Adam what the problem is exactly and I sent a big piece of paper to make sure he solve the arms touching my ear canal problem but nothing was done.

I'll regretifully send them again although they sound fantastic right now after the left ear piece is fixed but it is not comfortable right now in the right ear because of the arm.

Jul 5, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #8,193 of 10,743

Quote:

i just received my jh13 and to my utter dissapointpment they didnt remove the artwork or change the colour of the shells.
i emailed Jaime when i sent my jh13 and gave her my creditcard details and she charged me the $100 and nothing changed!

not only this,oh no the surprises keep coming and coming. the are very visible scratches in the left earpiece and also the right,two white lines on each iem.i just cant believe it.this is beyond unacceptable.

as for the fit,it seems to be improved but Adam didnt solve the problem that the arms of the two iems are touching the lower part of my ear canal although i sent a note to describe the problem.

i have to send them back after i email Jaime and i will have to pay another $70 to send them to jh.
not only that,i paid $70 because of customs in the two times i received the jh13.
i really hoped this is the last time i send them,but what can i say.

i paid close to $1600 so far on jh13 .

I had to spend extra money on my JH13 too because JH Audio lost (or maybe USPS did) my first impression. I also send them new impression after 2nd refits. So it took me three impressions and 3 refits in total to get them fit perfectly. I think I spent extra $100-150 or so. But I was willing to do that because it was fit-problem. However, in your case, I would request JH audio to cover the return shipping. Ask them to pay for the shipping since they charged your credit card for nothing (and it wasn't cheap). Like you said, this is unacceptable.

I guess JHAudio is busy finishing up JH3A and getting ready to ship them out to fulfill their orders? Even so, I think they should have not made think kind of mistake and should make it right by covering the shipping both ways. Well... I hope they do.

I wish you good luck.

Jul 5, 2010 at 9:28 PM Post #8,194 of 10,743
Whether a big or small company, product quality suffers whenever orders come in much faster than they are setup to handle. At the end of the line, somebody should be examining each pair for manufacturing defects. But then, these are custom made products, custom made for each customer. For the price that they are charging, they should be better, much better.

Jul 7, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #8,195 of 10,743
Adam got back to me and he apologized for the mess up and told me there was a confusion in the lab because of the "No colour change" new policy.He said that Jaime told him it is ok to change the colour of my 13s because i paid before i knew  the new policy.he is a nice guy to talk to.

i will send it tomorrow as i also need to adjust the right earpiece because it's end is touching my earcanals and there is a pain after an hour or so.

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #8,196 of 10,743
jh13 is amazing me more and more.absolutly perfect.
it already surpassed my home rig.i think i will trade my hd650 for a dac magic and get the lcd2 or hd800.
i still didnt try my jh13 with wa6.i need to go to Radioshack to get an adaptor.

i still think that jh13 cannot substitute full size open back headphones.they are better than anythingi have ever heard but imaging,soundstage,airness,height of the hall,the echo of the orchestra or opera for example is just very different with headphones and i want to have both.

Honestly,there is absolutly nothing wrong with jh13...zero,nada.they are perfect. i really cannot fault them,they are addicting especially with jazz and classical,ofcourse they excel in everything else and i am trance head,but if all what i listen to is trance,house,electronica..then i am wasting my money.

As for the fit,the left one is perfect but the right ear will need a refit because the arm is a bit long and ofcourse i need to send them back for changing the colour.

if i have to criticize one thing here about this whole jh13 purchasing experiance it will be the terrible,unpleasent,painfull communications with the jh team.when they reply to my emails they are friendly....but the keyword here is "when"....

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:26 AM Post #8,197 of 10,743

Quote:
jh13 is amazing me more and more.absolutly perfect.
it already surpassed my home rig.i think i will trade my hd650 for a dac magic and get the lcd2 or hd800.
i still didnt try my jh13 with wa6.i need to go to Radioshack to get an adaptor.

i still think that jh13 cannot substitute full size open back headphones.they are better than anythingi have ever heard but imaging,soundstage,airness,height of the hall,the echo of the orchestra or opera for example is just very different with headphones and i want to have both.

Honestly,there is absolutly nothing wrong with jh13...zero,nada.they are perfect. i really cannot fault them,they are addicting especially with jazz and classical,ofcourse they excel in everything else and i am trance head,but if all what i listen to is trance,house,electronica..then i am wasting my money.

As for the fit,the left one is perfect but the right ear will need a refit because the arm is a bit long and ofcourse i need to send them back for changing the colour.

if i have to criticize one thing here about this whole jh13 purchasing experiance it will be the terrible,unpleasent,painfull communications with the jh team.when they reply to my emails they are friendly....but the keyword here is "when"....

yeah it's pretty wack how so many emails just get ignored.

Jul 9, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #8,198 of 10,743
they never reply to me when i send one email.i always send 2-3 emails everytime for the same person.i already sent two emails to Adam 2 days ago to help me with the fit and i am still waiting for an answer.to the point where Jaime(without me asking) sent an email to Adam to tell him to work with me.i could have sent the 13s for the refit 2 days ago but i am waiting for Adam to verify the problem with me.

Jul 9, 2010 at 7:42 PM Post #8,199 of 10,743
Yeah I am still waiting for the storefront to open so I can go in personally and tell about the problem.  Gotta say though that my single emails have always been promptly returned and when I have called they usually answer the phone and address my issues very politely.  I have had nothing but perfect communication.  But the first refit, although it helped, didn't fix the whole problem and then while waiting i have identified a possibly bigger problem.  Can't wait until they are right.  What you say with sound is right on though, the sound is lushes and addictive, just wonderful.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:22 PM Post #8,200 of 10,743
i sent my 13s two hours ago via fedex,with a note so that they dont forget to change the colour and to ship to the address to where i am now.
i think if anything goes wrong again,i will break my jh13 with a hammer and send them back to them
wink_face.gif

i also wrote in the note to make the new shells smudge,fingerprints,scratrches free because i HATE to see scratches on a very expensive item like this.
i wish you guys could see my jh13 with scratches all over the place and the faceplate was so scratched as if someone got a knife and played with it on the surface.same goes with the fingerprints and the logo of jh13 which when i tried to pass my fingernails over it,a letter or two were taken off which shows that no acrylic was applied over it to protect.

why am i the only one facing these problems,i have no idea....

Jul 10, 2010 at 5:11 PM Post #8,201 of 10,743
Hang in there, it's all part of the process.  Like i said, mine aren't perfect at all even if they sound good.  I am now waiting an extra week before they can be looked at too, so i go on with them being uncomfortable but wanting to listen anyway.  Who knows if they are going to tell me to just do a new impression and start from scratch, i think it's a good possibility.

Jul 10, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #8,202 of 10,743
i couldnt tolerate to listen to it especially in the right ear,it was too painful and it touched a bone in the lower part of my ear canal.
about the sound,its quiet astonishing but cant substitute full cans.i am happily listening to my hd650 and i dont feel that the jh13 outclasses it totally or make it sound garbage suddenly,i was listening to both 50-50 and both are sublime.

one thing i wish could be better with the jh13 is that it had a touch more clarity,just a bit more.its already very clear but i am greedy
bigsmile_face.gif

lets see how the jh13 will handle lcd2 when it comes...

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #8,204 of 10,743
I sent mine in for a refit, the right ear piece which required the stem to be shorten the face plate and art has been messed up. It looks like the gloss layer or something has been sanded off and is alot darker? What do you guys think?

Before

After

Users who are viewing this thread

Back