JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jun 5, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #8,131 of 10,743
Ya I listened to you about what first and i am glad i did because waiting for the 13s i can use 801 for Triple-fi and AT-esw9.  I am freaking out after listening a couple of times tonight, i can only imagine the brilliance that this thing will have with the 13s.

Jun 15, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #8,132 of 10,743
I got mine on Friday and am using them straight out of an iPhone 3gs..

They are both blue, the right was meant to be red and I have fit issues with the right one (and very minor fit issues with the left), but can get a good seal if I fiddle around with them.  I'll be sending them back  for a refit though.

When I get a good seal, all I can say is WOW.

I don't see why anyone would want the JH16s.. the bass performance on the 13s is phenomenal.. not over the top, solid, tight. just perfect.

As for the soundstage, treble and overall sound.. I am stunned at how close this comes to my home hi-fi, which is around £30,000 of kit.  In some ways and for some material (acoustic mainly) I'd even say it exceeds it.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my purchase, albeit needing a refit.

On that note, do you guys have any suggestions for the best way of diagnosing the fit issue and who i should talk to at JHA to make sure they are right next time?

For now, I'm going back to sitting at my desk in audio bliss!

Thanks
Chez

Jun 15, 2010 at 3:07 PM Post #8,133 of 10,743
I've heArd you talk to Adam. My fit issue is better, just acceptable-different on both sides. I think the audiologist forced too much in my left ear. So fit after fix has a seal but not totally perfect, I will redo the left side if I get the new setup jh-a/16.
Gotta say though, 13s are addictive, I am making excuses to go out and and use them. My only real isse now that is kind of a big deal is the footstep thing. My footsteps are so loud when I have a seal that the music is drowned out unless it is extremely loud. Don't know if others experience it but I hear very little about it ou here.

Back to sound, I agree, the bass is rich and full. Guess the 16 would be some kinda sub.

Jun 15, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #8,134 of 10,743
JH Audio kicks some major ass in the customer service department. Adam received my damaged 13's last Friday and it's already on its way back to me. Repair bill: nada.
eek.gif

No more being careless with my 13's that's for sure.

EDIT: I just checked tracking. It's already in my city awaiting customs clearance. Shipping is listed as standard (expected for repairs), not overnight. I think UPS messed up...in my favour. Hahahh!
nvm. it's standard. don't know why it listed my city then back to the US. bahh.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #8,135 of 10,743
hi i have a question.  are these worth going ampless (because i would sell my amp and stuff)?  i havent really looked into JHs but i know theyre awesome from what everyone says.

just wondering if i should sell everything and just go with one of these.

Jun 15, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #8,136 of 10,743
The JH13's are good straight out of the iPod but with a decent amp they are simply out of this world!!
basshead.gif

I would keep the amp
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #8,137 of 10,743

Quote:
hi i have a question.  are these worth going ampless (because i would sell my amp and stuff)?  i havent really looked into JHs but i know theyre awesome from what everyone says.

just wondering if i should sell everything and just go with one of these.

I think so.  These without an amp are better than almost anything with an amp.  I wouldn't hesitate to use it without an amp.  In fact, I rarely use them with an amp as my 5.5g iPod is good enough.

Jun 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #8,139 of 10,743
i just got my JH13s. and the seal isn't that great. here's my situation and you guys can evaluate it for me.

Yesterday I got my customs, and at night, I had it on my ears with Boston by Augustana playing. I was able to hear my sister talking and converse with her. When I was wearing it on the train, I could hear the train doors closing with music on (the train doors close rather softly).

Today, I tried the customs in the morning. I was in a reading room where it was very quiet while doing my work. A baby was inside and when he screeched, I could hear him, and that was with music on at moderate volume. I do experience improved isolation when i use my fingers to push the monitors in lightly. in fact, I can push it in hard and feel no pain. probably due to my ear canal being straight.

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #8,140 of 10,743
There's a good test over at the Sensaphonics website for testing for a proper seal.  Another thing I like to do once you get the IEM's in rub two fingers together and go around yours ears.  It is a subtle enough sound and if your IEM's aren't sealed properly you'll be able to hear your fingers near the places where the seal is compromised.

http://sensaphonics.com/test.html

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:50 AM Post #8,141 of 10,743
I got mine a few days ago and much to my surprise my fit seems to be good, I can eat, yawn, whatever without breaking the seal.   They also seem to insert and come out fairly easily which initially had me thinking the fit was too loose but they sound awesome, pretty much like my recollections of the demo pair. If anything my right ear might be just a slightly off because it feels a bit odd but I'm not sure because I seem to have a similar feeling in that ear with any IEM that inserts deeper into my canal. Regardless, if it is off it's not by much because it doesn't seem to affect the sound or seal. Speaking of seals, they don't seem to isolate quite as much as some of the universal IEM's I've owned but they're pretty good nonetheless.

Jun 18, 2010 at 11:52 AM Post #8,143 of 10,743

Quote:
I got mine a few days ago and much to my surprise my fit seems to be good, I can eat, yawn, whatever without breaking the seal.   They also seem to insert and come out fairly easily which initially had me thinking the fit was too loose but they sound awesome, pretty much like my recollections of the demo pair. If anything my right ear might be just a slightly off because it feels a bit odd but I'm not sure because I seem to have a similar feeling in that ear with any IEM that inserts deeper into my canal. Regardless, if it is off it's not by much because it doesn't seem to affect the sound or seal. Speaking of seals, they don't seem to isolate quite as much as some of the universal IEM's I've owned but they're pretty good nonetheless.

yeah they definitely dont seal as much as some of the universals. My er6i's with the tri flange was pretty much complete isolation

Jun 21, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #8,145 of 10,743
@midoo,
what resolution artwork did you send for your 13's? Superfied is very knowledgeable when it comes to artwork, you may want to look up some of his posts as he has a lot of experience with artwork from different companies...fwiw...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back