JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Feb 1, 2010 at 3:04 PM Post #7,457 of 10,743
OK - I'm in business. I have a set coming to me 2nd hand, and I'm gonna get em remoulded.

Excited doesn't really cover it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #7,458 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by CountChoculaBot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know if the 10vi cable (microphone, iphone controls) works with the JH13? I'd imagine it would, since I think UE and JH share the same connectors, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Shure do a universal phone mic cable for "music phones" - that way you can convert any IEM.

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #7,459 of 10,743
Just wondering if anyone else has had similar fit problems as me:

It seems the angle of the sound bores on my right earpiece are pointed slightly towards my ear-canal wall and it’s therefore muffling the highs. For example, if I run through some pink noise, I can’t hear the top 20% of the frequency range through the right earpiece. But if I push the little plastic wire connector slightly forward and in towards my face, thereby releasing the bores from the ear-canal wall, I can hear the fine hiss at the top completely balanced.

It’s very annoying to say the least and I have rather sore ears from all the messing around!

I spoke to Zac and he said that it seems my earpiece was made incorrectly and I need to send in brand new impressions and they’ll remake it.

Any advice?

Feb 1, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #7,461 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recommend that you send in brand new impressions and have them remake it.

I only have a problem with the right one, the left is absolutely perfect. Which ironically is the reason why the right one feel's so bad! So I guess I just need to make a new impression of the right one, which will hopefully be half-price!

I'm also wondering why I need a new impression made. Don't they have the ones I originally sent in? And what will change with a new impression? The left one came out fine!

Feb 1, 2010 at 4:47 PM Post #7,463 of 10,743
The whole custom fit thing seems a pretty inexact process. If you are sure that you are 100% happy with the left, just concentrate on the right.Although personally I prefer to know that both earpieces were made at the same time under the same conditions. It is very common to need refits. From what I read JH are very used to it and very keen on providing good customer service.

Feb 1, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #7,465 of 10,743
Can anybody tell me, if it is save to use Jh13 with some more powerfull tube amps(sometimes it isnt recommended to use low impendance phones with them)? I know with SS it is save( I tried Jh13 with many), but not sure about tube amps.

For example with this Leben ( Leben CS-300 Integrated Amplifier ), can something happend to JH13?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Feb 1, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #7,466 of 10,743
Feb 1, 2010 at 7:48 PM Post #7,467 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdr. Seraphim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those who are enjoying these IEMs, here's a review at Steven R. Rochlin's Enjoy the Music Web site: Superior Audio Ultra High End Audiophile Equipment Review Article Magazine.

Please accept my apologies if this is a duplicate link.

Tyll Henderson of Headroom? Its Tyll Hertsens who founded Headroom.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #7,469 of 10,743
My pair of JH-13s just arrived in the mail today. And I must say. All the effort I had to put into this (saving the money, getting the impressions, WAITING), has all been worth it. Every penny that has gone into these has absolutely paid off. My ears have been rolling in sonic bliss non-stop since the moment I plugged these suckers in. And I can't wait to go through my entire library again.

Cheers fellas, today I celebrate the coming of the greatest headphones I've ever owned.

Feb 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM Post #7,470 of 10,743
Congrats and welcome to the club.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back