JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jan 1, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #6,946 of 10,743
Listening to my JH13's on the plane right now as I type this post. (gotta love Wifi at 30k feet).

smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 6:38 PM Post #6,947 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And which headphones do you use most at home? Jh13 or on from full sizes?

Jh-13's are really my favorite headphone that I have so they get the most headtime

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:02 PM Post #6,948 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listening to my JH13's on the plane right now as I type this post. (gotta love Wifi at 30k feet).

smily_headphones1.gif

You know anything that transmit wireless signals are to be turned off on the aircraft right? haha, you rebel. Oh well, i'm sure Headfi.org is 100x more interesting then those boring movies (minus the hollywood and awesome ones) they put on planes...

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #6,949 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know anything that transmit wireless signals are to be turned off on the aircraft right? haha, you rebel.

They're the ones providing the Wi-Fi....

...oO?

Jan 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #6,950 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jh-13's are really my favorite headphone that I have so they get the most headtime

How do they sound on a flight, do they block out any more than universal iem's on ambient flight noise or even all together maybe?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You know anything that transmit wireless signals are to be turned off on the aircraft right? haha, you rebel. Oh well, i'm sure Headfi.org is 100x more interesting then those boring movies (minus the hollywood and awesome ones) they put on planes...

Delta & Virgin USA now support wifi in the air.
Might explain why some planes have gone down before though!
Hope Mr.Hockeyb213 was on a supported wi-fi flight
wink.gif

Jan 1, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #6,951 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do they sound on a flight, do they block out any more than universal iem's on ambient flight noise or even all together maybe?

I just flew with the 13's a few days ago. The noise isolation is definitely good - I can listen just below 80 dB, a little bit bumped above my normal level, without issues.

Some universal IEM's do have better isolation, but they can't compete with the 13's so it's irrelevant.

Jan 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #6,952 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just flew with the 13's a few days ago. The noise isolation is definitely good - I can listen just below 80 dB, a little bit bumped above my normal level, without issues.

Some universal IEM's do have better isolation, but they can't compete with the 13's so it's irrelevant.

cool.gif
Cool to know they are fine on flight's as i will use them on flights a few times a year when i eventually get them.

The best i ever had for isolation on a flight was my yellow foamies with the SE530's, but obviously it will be interesting to see what a pair of jh13's sound like on a plane when i finally get them.

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #6,953 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtomikPi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can listen just below 80 dB, a little bit bumped above my normal level, without issues.

How do you know what decibel level you are out putting through your JH13's? I have a pair of UE customs and would like to know approximately how loud I'm listening.
Thanks!

Jan 2, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #6,954 of 10,743
What's the meaning of fit?

Do you have to push them hard in to ears to get seal? or just twist them in thier place with a little push on them?

I found that if i push a bit hard to my ear. The bass's much more pronounced, but felt so tight.

Jan 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #6,955 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman88 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How do you know what decibel level you are out putting through your JH13's? I have a pair of UE customs and would like to know approximately how loud I'm listening.
Thanks!

Surgically implanted Radio Shack SPL Meter in the center of his skull!
floatsmile.png

Jan 4, 2010 at 7:35 AM Post #6,959 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Make sure you treat that piece of equipment with the respect it deserves.

Of course I will
biggrin.gif
paypal in their usual typical epic failness just limited my account for no reason lol will have to call them later on and get that straightened out.

Jan 4, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #6,960 of 10,743
just paid HHA for the 13's
biggrin.gif
so hopefully will get them sometime this week
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back