JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 26, 2009 at 8:50 AM Post #6,871 of 10,743
Back when we first got info about the JH16 I think it was a 8 driver made more for performing than for listening. We'll see what they actually means whenever they release more info and someone gets a sample in their ears...

Dec 26, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #6,872 of 10,743
There was a post a month back regarding the JH16:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...ml#post6130487.
Jerry said:
"The JH16 on the other hand was designed to be a live earpiece 1st. The 16 is a 8 driver earpiece that is built for the loud bands. It is still accurate and has a fast transient response but is built for headroom."
Hope this helps.

Dec 26, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #6,873 of 10,743
๊Anyone know UPS will work on 28 - 30 or not?.

My JH stuck in UPS system before reach here just the far of 2 hours distance.

More of that, they rescheduled mine, delivery date from 28/12/09 to 04/01/10. That was............. !!!!

Dec 26, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #6,875 of 10,743
I have one package rolling right now due for delivery 29th, another due to start rolling on the 30th. I'd like to say that JH called it back in for something they forgot but they're closed obviously. I guess you could call up UPS and ask if they know (pretty long shot) but better than nothing.

Dec 27, 2009 at 12:34 AM Post #6,876 of 10,743
I have been a little hesitant to write this, as I realize I have no credibility on this board, since I have not posted anything to give everyone an idea of where I am coming from. I’m relatively new to the idea of portable music, really becoming interested when a girlfriend loaded a bunch of songs onto my Iphone for a trip to Europe.

Immediately, I knew that the buds that came with the phone sucked, so my girlfriend told me to go buy some Skull Candies. While they were an improvement, they were still way to muddy. Then I progressed to some off brand buds I bought at a trade show in Vegas. Another improvement, but still not good. Then I searched the Internet and found this forum.

I should interject that I have been into good audio since the 70’s and have spent WAY too much over the years on different sound systems, but I was still surprised to see the level of discussion and knowledge on this board. It is a wonderful resource.

One of the first threads I read was the Westone 3 appreciation thread. Most people seemed to like them, so I ordered a pair. Upon receiving them, I thought they were a huge improvement, but I couldn’t get a good seal with the included tips, so I sprung for the UM56 custom tips. These made a big difference, but then the highs on these IEM’s began to annoy me a little, plus it is a pain to get the tips out of my ears with short fingernails as the plastic stems are a little short.

Which brought me to this thread. The first thing I thought of was: THEY”RE NUTS - $1100 for THAT?? But the more I read, the more convinced I became to gamble that the 13’s were that good. I went to the audiologist (a very hot one) who did my impressions and I sent them off. I then get a call from Zac saying the impressions were made improperly as they did not expand my canal enough, and to have them redone. I went back to the hot audiologist’s partner this time, who redid them for free, and even took two impressions of each ear to make sure they were ok.

When I received the 13’s, I was a little disappointed, as my custom artwork and faceplate was not included (although I was not charged for it either). I did not send them back, as the fit is perfect, I bought them for sound, not looks, and the solid black looks fine anyway.

After listening to these for a month now, I feel like they are one of the best bargains I have ever purchased for audio. Loudspeakers that sound this good would literally cost many thousands more. Their accuracy is just amazing. I have converted a lot of my favorite music to lossless, and now thanks to you guys, I am considering amps and cables.

Oh well, you can’t take it with you…

Dec 27, 2009 at 12:46 AM Post #6,877 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horseman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been a little hesitant to write this, as I realize I have no credibility on this board, since I have not posted anything to give everyone an idea of where I am coming from. I’m relatively new to the idea of portable music, really becoming interested when a girlfriend loaded a bunch of songs onto my Iphone for a trip to Europe.

Immediately, I knew that the buds that came with the phone sucked, so my girlfriend told me to go buy some Skull Candies. While they were an improvement, they were still way to muddy. Then I progressed to some off brand buds I bought at a trade show in Vegas. Another improvement, but still not good. Then I searched the Internet and found this forum.

I should interject that I have been into good audio since the 70’s and have spent WAY too much over the years on different sound systems, but I was still surprised to see the level of discussion and knowledge on this board. It is a wonderful resource.

One of the first threads I read was the Westone 3 appreciation thread. Most people seemed to like them, so I ordered a pair. Upon receiving them, I thought they were a huge improvement, but I couldn’t get a good seal with the included tips, so I sprung for the UM56 custom tips. These made a big difference, but then the highs on these IEM’s began to annoy me a little, plus it is a pain to get the tips out of my ears with short fingernails as the plastic stems are a little short.

Which brought me to this thread. The first thing I thought of was: THEY”RE NUTS - $1100 for THAT?? But the more I read, the more convinced I became to gamble that the 13’s were that good. I went to the audiologist (a very hot one) who did my impressions and I sent them off. I then get a call from Zac saying the impressions were made improperly as they did not expand my canal enough, and to have them redone. I went back to the hot audiologist’s partner this time, who redid them for free, and even took two impressions of each ear to make sure they were ok.

When I received the 13’s, I was a little disappointed, as my custom artwork and faceplate was not included (although I was not charged for it either). I did not send them back, as the fit is perfect, I bought them for sound, not looks, and the solid black looks fine anyway.

After listening to these for a month now, I feel like they are one of the best bargains I have ever purchased for audio. Loudspeakers that sound this good would literally cost many thousands more. Their accuracy is just amazing. I have converted a lot of my favorite music to lossless, and now thanks to you guys, I am considering amps and cables.

Oh well, you can’t take it with you…

Welcome to head-fi, and sorry about your wallet. It's nice to have you posting - keep active here and everyone benefits.

Dec 27, 2009 at 12:52 AM Post #6,878 of 10,743
Welcome to head-fi, Horseman. Nice starting out at the top.
smile.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #6,879 of 10,743
HeadphoneAddict and bommana,

Thanks for the welcome.

I just know from prior experience, that I would not be happy unless I got great sound, and I relied heavily on both your reviews in this thread. In reality you saved me some cash by avoiding more intermediate steps to arrive at the same place.

Thank you!

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #6,880 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Horseman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadphoneAddict and bommana,

Thanks for the welcome.

I just know from prior experience, that I would not be happy unless I got great sound, and I relied heavily on both your reviews in this thread. In reality you saved me some cash by avoiding more intermediate steps to arrive at the same place.

Thank you!

Now all you "need" is a top-end portable amp...
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #6,881 of 10,743
I did pretty much the same thing horseman jumping straight to the top like you did, went from er6i's to the jh 13 but I love them! some of the best sound I've ever heard and that's out of the iPod classic HO. Can't wait to get the pico slim
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #6,882 of 10,743
It's a little better to go straight to the top because then you don't have things sitting around that you like too much to sell (or can't sell because no one would buy them) but don't really use anymore.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #6,883 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by aegid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's a little better to go straight to the top because then you don't have things sitting around that you like too much to sell but don't really use anymore.

Amen.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #6,884 of 10,743
I've been reading about amps. I'm very happy with the sound now, but I can see how a good amp might help even more. I am a little afraid though, that once I hook up a good amp, then I won't be happy with just the Iphone, and I really like the portability as it is.

Any suggestions will be welcome.

Dec 27, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #6,885 of 10,743
That's my thought and you save money
smily_headphones1.gif
that's also why I'm going straight to the pico slim, and I think a GS-1 for my desktop.

But these jh13's are still amazing me everytime I put them on, most detailed presentation of music ever, I know alot of you would probably think it's a waste for metal but it's the best most layered presentation I've heard. The ability to pick out each individual instrument is the best I've heard, even compared to my favorite magnepan speakers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back