JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 25, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #6,856 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh I'm so frustrated, the drivers of one of my JH13 monitors went loose and the sound was affected (one of the drivers is moving inside the monitor!).And worst of all they won't be back till January 3 which means I'll be without my JH13's for a month. Life is so hard.

I hope they fix them without any cost, I think the guarantee is for one year? also how long is the turnaround time nowadays?

Also I don't know if I have to send an ear impression along with the damaged monitor, that would make it more expensive. I hope they can do it alright (I currently have a perfect fit) without an impression.

They already have your impressions so I don't believe you have to send another one for refit. It takes usually a week and half to they get your monitor back so I'd say go ahead and send it with a note following up with a call.

I appreciate JHA for prefering refits over new orders. This only goes to show they base their business on complete satisfaction of customers making you feel your $1100 is well spent. It's a good company.

Dec 25, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #6,857 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish it had a bit more bass.

That's just weird to me, since I'm coming from the UE11s. The bass, quality and quantity, is one reason why I'm so enamored with them.

Dec 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #6,859 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's just weird to me, since I'm coming from the UE11s. The bass, quality and quantity, is one reason why I'm so enamored with them.

I am finding that the JH13 doesn't come alive at low volumes. Once I turn up the volume to a moderate level the bass fills in and gives a convincing performance. I wonder if this is due to either improper fit or if its because I am not using an amp - I am listening from headphone out of Sony X1061. I will get an amp soon but wondering if anyone else out there is finding the same.

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #6,860 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kneth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe the reason why refits are generally done faster is because most of the time they just add layers to the canal and the process is much faster. If a remold is required as a refit remedy, it usually takes longer.

Mine was remold and it took a week.

Dec 25, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #6,861 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh I'm so frustrated, the drivers of one of my JH13 monitors went loose and the sound was affected (one of the drivers is moving inside the monitor!).And worst of all they won't be back till January 3 which means I'll be without my JH13's for a month. Life is so hard.

I hope they fix them without any cost, I think the guarantee is for one year? also how long is the turnaround time nowadays?

Also I don't know if I have to send an ear impression along with the damaged monitor, that would make it more expensive. I hope they can do it alright (I currently have a perfect fit) without an impression.

I think they just cut the faceplate and glue it agin, no need to remold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 15's are being released in January, perhaps those will have more bass.

15's!! ????

Dec 25, 2009 at 11:48 PM Post #6,862 of 10,743
well if all else fails they can scan your original monitors to get the correct shape..reading through this thread people are sending in their UE11's instead of impressions

Dec 26, 2009 at 1:26 AM Post #6,863 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iseenew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they just cut the faceplate and glue it agin, no need to remold.

15's!! ????

Yeah, JHAudio facebook posted some time ago that information on them will be available in January.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:14 AM Post #6,865 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am finding that the JH13 doesn't come alive at low volumes. Once I turn up the volume to a moderate level the bass fills in and gives a convincing performance. I wonder if this is due to either improper fit or if its because I am not using an amp - I am listening from headphone out of Sony X1061. I will get an amp soon but wondering if anyone else out there is finding the same.

This is relatively true in my experience - I don't get great performance from my iPod until close to 50% volume (high 70's dB, roughly), and similarly on my home rig they need close to or above 80 dB to sound good. I think the reason is that since they're so neutral and especially because they're roughly neutral in the bass, they need extra volume to get the same slam as bassier phones. When they do get to their sweet spot though, they're excellent. I've had similar experiences with the HD800, O2, and other cans with neutralish bass.

I also may have a slight fit issue in one ear, which I've been meaning to take care of, so I might revise my opinion a little in the future.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:29 AM Post #6,866 of 10,743
They also stress the output of any non-dedicated headphone out. Bass rolls off about 3dB-5dB at the lowest ends from the output of an iPod for instance, or worse yet, a Cowon. A dedicated amp which can push good 0 dB signal to say 4-8 ohms will make that bass come alive even at lower volumes, but yes, overall bass needs a bit of volume. But that isn't the only pat of the story.

Dec 26, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #6,867 of 10,743
Quote:

Yeah, JHAudio facebook posted some time ago that information on them will be available in January.

could find the info.

8 or 9 drivers?
o2smile.gif

Dec 26, 2009 at 3:51 AM Post #6,868 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
could find the info.

8 or 9 drivers?
o2smile.gif

Ahh it's the JH16's. Taken from Facebook:

Gary Chan So, can you guys tell us what the JH16 is all about?
November 3 at 2:11pm · Comment · Like · Report

JH Audio The JH16 is not available at this time. We are looking at a January release.
November 3 at 2:45pm · Report

Gary Chan Anything you can disclose about the JH16 at this point?
November 3 at 3:07pm · Report

JH Audio Nope, sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

November 3 at 3:09pm · Report

Francois Botes Please let us know as soon as they are available, I'll keep my finger on the Buy button in January.
November 9 at 3:15pm · Report

Dec 26, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #6,870 of 10,743
Quote:

Ahh it's the JH16's. Taken from Facebook:

Gary Chan So, can you guys tell us what the JH16 is all about?
November 3 at 2:11pm · Comment · Like · Report

JH Audio The JH16 is not available at this time. We are looking at a January release.
November 3 at 2:45pm · Report

Gary Chan Anything you can disclose about the JH16 at this point?
November 3 at 3:07pm · Report

JH Audio Nope, sorry.
smily_headphones1.gif

November 3 at 3:09pm · Report

Francois Botes Please let us know as soon as they are available, I'll keep my finger on the Buy button in January.
November 9 at 3:15pm · Report

thanks for the info.
so they are really releasing a JH16?
o2smile.gif

gotta save more money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back