JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 24, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #6,826 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by FortisFlyer75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone who has owned or own's the AKG 702's compare the SQ to the JH13's and how many steps above the 702's they actually are?

I know the JH13 are meant to be more comparable in the HD800 league and will have a lot more SQ output with more detail for sure than my 702's, but it would give me a reference point knowing as i know how good i find my 702's with a Double Helix ALO SXC cable can sound through my headphone amp which for me is a notch above in detail and soundstage vs my best iem's the IE8's & the SE530's and am finding my 702's getting better still way after the burn in period for them & the cable.

Just would love to know how many step's up these are above my best current setup i have and any similarities they may be with the 702's regarding signature aspect side of thing's as i find the 702's a nuetral, slightly leaning to bright side sounding can with a nice realistic bass that is not over done with a realistic overall tonal quality about it that does not make it sound like it is a superficial tyoe if sound and i find the micro detail the 702's give is at times spine tingling to say the least, so am really intersted to know how the JH13's stack up in comparison if any of you have the pleasure of owning both
wink_face.gif

I am so looking forward to when i can finally pull the trigger & get the 13's sometime in 1st Q of 2010, that time is gonna drag for sure
frown.gif

They are 3.141592653589793 steps up from K702...

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #6,827 of 10,743
I have had mine for over two months. The fit seems perfect and the bass is nice and balanced, not overwhelming the mids or highs, but you still feel it. However, when I do press in, the bass increases but everything else gets muffled, I tend to think the fit is OK and this is just a phenomena of the placement in the ear canal. Or is it a true representation of a not perfect fit.
I know many would say if you like it, it is fine, but with the expense that went into these, I want to be sure of everything about it.

Dec 24, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #6,828 of 10,743
They have a queue and your remold got put somewhere in the back among all the other orders that came in before it. I assume. Unless you specifically requested them to be returned if they could not get them out the door before vacation started I would assume they are going to sit there til the third at the earliest, and maybe longer depending on the queue.

Dec 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #6,829 of 10,743
I've had a time when I thought JH13 totally lacks the bass and that was when I had a serious fit issue. The magnificant bass' restored with the better fit. I am always amazed by its remarkable sub bass. This is not some cheap bloated bass but tight, quality bass. I wouldn't say mine fits perfectly because I am not completely comfortable from time to time but I didn't notice signficant change in sound when I press on it, unless I really do it hard. This is rather expected as the speaker holes being blocked by your ear canal. With twag cable I wouldn't want any more bass impact than what I enjoy.

If you ask me what do I like most about JH13, of course I would say BASS.

Dec 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #6,831 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by wsilvio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad I didn't give up on these. They sound so good!

How many impressions did u send in till they finally made a pair that fit?

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #6,833 of 10,743
Quote:

Success! I finally have a pair that fit great! Seal and sound are awesome. The only concern is I think the right stem may be a tiny bit too long. But that should be easy to fix if I decide to get them adjusted. Other than that, these monitors are awesome and worth the 6 re-fits! A huge thanks to JH Audio for doing whatever it took to make these right.
smily_headphones1.gif

6th refit!!!! .. no that's not me, too much of patient and extra expenses.

Mine sent back for refit last monday (All new mold and remake both sides) and they shipped them on tuesday. Will arrive here in a couple days.

Since i had only contact them by mails (lots of) but Thanks for great coopprative. Zac is exellent for that.

Hope this time gonna be OK.

Dec 24, 2009 at 3:51 PM Post #6,834 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are 3.141592653589793 steps up from K702...

Well, f the JH13's are that far a step up from my 702's i will def have to get them without fail !
wink_face.gif

The 702's are the best cans i have owned and it's hard to imagine how the iem's in the JH13's can sound compared to say my 702's, i can't wait to get them though to find out for myself, as it seem's when jh13 owners who get their fit correct has a wow factor about it going by the post's on here.

Wandering if it is worth taking the gamble (if there is one) in selling the IE8's and Se530's to help fund my purchase quicker or should i keep them as competant back up's?

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #6,835 of 10,743
So I am realizing that my right ear is a little bit looser than the left
frown.gif
when I open my mouth it like crinkles if you know what I mean ad the left doesn't. Also how do people out there with glasses wear these?? lol my glasses keep falling off

Dec 24, 2009 at 6:35 PM Post #6,836 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by yossi126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My order's status is 'in the lab' since monday and jh audio promised they'd ship all earmolds recieved last week. So what should i expect?

Mine is exactly same. Maybe they just prefere refits, and new customs just must wait after Christmas. So we can anticipate ours will be shipped on something as 6-8 of January.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 24, 2009 at 6:41 PM Post #6,837 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iseenew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6th refit!!!! .. no that's not me, too much of patient and extra expenses.

Mine sent back for refit last monday (All new mold and remake both sides) and they shipped them on tuesday. Will arrive here in a couple days.

Since i had only contact them by mails (lots of) but Thanks for great coopprative. Zac is exellent for that.

Hope this time gonna be OK.

I might have spoken too soon. I think I will need to send them back to have the right stem shortened. I think it is hitting the 2nd bend in my ear canal. This should be easy to fix. I'm not looking forward to it as these things sound so incredible! Even out of my iphone they sound sick!

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #6,838 of 10,743
Quote:

I might have spoken too soon. I think I will need to send them back to have the right stem shortened. I think it is hitting the 2nd bend in my ear canal. This should be easy to fix. I'm not looking forward to it as these things sound so incredible! Even out of my iphone they sound sick!

Wow! that's your 7th now? You really got some patience. I had the same issue of right stem being longer on my last refit. That was quite easy to fix. All I had to do is to use two different fine grades of sandpapaer to sand it down. Polish it with polishing compound. I am sure they use the special tool to trim it but the outcome looks exactly same to me (I've had them shorten my stems before so I'd know).

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM Post #6,839 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you ask me what do I like most about JH13, of course I would say BASS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish it had a bit more bass.

What does headphones have to do with a fish?
tongue.gif

Dec 24, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #6,840 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many impressions did u send in till they finally made a pair that fit?

I lost count! Maybe 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back