JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 19, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #6,736 of 10,743
Got my JH13 today. The fit so far is comfortable but the left ear may be a little loose. I expected a little more attenuation but not a huge deal. First impression of sound is very positive. I expected it to be pretty good from the reviews but so far I am impressed.

For whoever asked about about the Sony X 1061 with the JH13 so far so good. There is a small amount of hiss with no music playing.

Dec 19, 2009 at 4:23 AM Post #6,737 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no metal wire.. its a rubber/silicone ear guide

Thats weird. I see a small metal strip on the inside of the ear guide.

It can't be the ear guide alone giving the wire its 'memory' shape around the ear right?

Dec 19, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #6,738 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got my JH13 today. The fit so far is comfortable but the left ear may be a little loose. I expected a little more attenuation but not a huge deal. First impression of sound is very positive. I expected it to be pretty good from the reviews but so far I am impressed.

For whoever asked about about the Sony X 1061 with the JH13 so far so good. There is a small amount of hiss with no music playing.

thanks canman
icon14.gif
with the fuze they hiss like mad with no music. Bass also was a little flabby so hopefully the X will be a nice upgrade...

..then the next upgrade is a iBasso T3 and an enyo cable. And here's me saying the JH13's will be it..no more purchases after that
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 19, 2009 at 10:09 AM Post #6,739 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by relishmalice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats weird. I see a small metal strip on the inside of the ear guide.

It can't be the ear guide alone giving the wire its 'memory' shape around the ear right?

Well, actually, yes. It is.

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #6,741 of 10,743
Contrary to everyone else's experience the right monitor seems to fit perfect. However the left side is a little loose. The protrusion that fits into the concha (where the model and serial number are written) seems to be too large to lock into place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks canman
icon14.gif
with the fuze they hiss like mad with no music. Bass also was a little flabby so hopefully the X will be a nice upgrade...

..then the next upgrade is a iBasso T3 and an enyo cable. And here's me saying the JH13's will be it..no more purchases after that
evil_smiley.gif

The sound is great with the X but upon further listening I wish the background was quieter. I tried the attenuator that comes with the UE TF10. With the attenuator I have to turn the volume up from 10 to around 22. That solves the background hiss but the sound seems duller. EDIT: The ipod 5.5g has the same amount of hiss but doesn't sound as good.

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #6,742 of 10,743
Anyone know how JHA manage their orders at the present, they'll close this coming 25th.

Mine was sent to remake on last Monday 14th. Zac told me on Tuesday that they will go ahead to remake them.

I'm a bit curious that it is possible to ship out before Christmas?.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #6,743 of 10,743
It's possible but not definite. If they are doing a full remold of your IEMs where they will have to make a new mold from your impressions they might well put it at the end of the queue. If they are just pouring a new set from the existing mold then they might do it sooner. It also depends on just how big the queue is to begin with.

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:14 AM Post #6,744 of 10,743
When you guys say "detail" what do you mean exactly? I noticed I definitely am not hearing some background details I used to hear with my westone 3 (e.g. audience cheering in Crazy by Gnarls Barkley used to be much louder I thought) while I hear other details I did not use to hear (e.g "ahh" sound every 6-7 seconds Ain't Nothing But a G Thang...quite annoying to be honest). I might be just imagining things...I wish I still had my westones next to me so I could compare.

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:39 PM Post #6,747 of 10,743
Hi, I´m thinking about buying Benchmark DAC 1 for my JH13, but I´m little sceptical. I know some people own both, so they can give me advice.
How is dac in benchmark? Isn't for example apogee mini better?
What about benchmarks amp? I have BVaudio Headmp(Slovak amp) which is comparable to amps in price around 350$, so I hope Benchmark amp will be better.
I'm looking for detailed sound, maybe can say clinical. I dont like warm sound of tube amps, and DAC which have warm soundsignaure.

Thanks for advice.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Dec 20, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #6,748 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same ideology, i too think that no more purchases after JH13, future investments will be speakers
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh but i cant stay away from headfi where lots of temptation exists
tongue.gif

GRRR now this pressure on my left helix lock is starting to annoy me, is seems that it is too edgy/deep that it exerts too much pressure to that area, and it causes soreness or even pain after just one hour, but the problem is it sounds too good to take out
jecklinsmile.gif

Not sure whether i should get a refit...I will miss them dearly
confused_face.gif

If the canal fits perfectly they can probably just grind down the concha portion so it doesn't exert pressure. On my UM remolds I had to have that done. I had an audiologist do it so I wouldn't have to mail them back. But with an $1100 custom it's probably best to send them in so you don't void the warranty.

I doubt you'll be able to go without a refit or adjustment. I eventually got a blister in my right ear when my UM's didn't fit right.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #6,749 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same ideology, i too think that no more purchases after JH13, future investments will be speakers
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oh but i cant stay away from headfi where lots of temptation exists
tongue.gif

GRRR now this pressure on my left helix lock is starting to annoy me, is seems that it is too edgy/deep that it exerts too much pressure to that area, and it causes soreness or even pain after just one hour, but the problem is it sounds too good to take out
jecklinsmile.gif

Not sure whether i should get a refit...I will miss them dearly
confused_face.gif

Same with me. Pain at the helix lock, especially around the concha. It started on the left ear after an hour, and on the right ear after 10 minutes.

I sent them back for a refit. Still waiting at the moment.

Dec 21, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #6,750 of 10,743
Others have said that having the concha portion extend as far as down as possible, but my JH-13's were were made by scanning my UE-10's and the part that goes in your inner ear canal is longer on my 13's than on my 10's. The both fit with equal comfort, and yet I find the JH-13's to be superior to the 10's in every way.
From my experience, the Benchmark DAC 1 is a bit sterile sounding and is not really the right amp for the JH-13's. You can try the combo, but please experiment with different amps, and find one that will make you happy now, and keep trying amps (meets, trades w/ trusted Head-Fiers) until you find the one that offers you the best synergy.

Good luck in your quest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back