JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 18, 2009 at 2:44 PM Post #6,706 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is lineout for the fuze?

not really no, well......there is a LOD cable or more infact a DIY LOD cable but its not a true LOD and is supposed to not really be all that and a bag of potato chips..improvement yes, big, don't think so.
I pretty much reckon I'm defo up for the X1050 since I can get it for £95 then get an amp after I finally get sent my free ipod touch 8GB (no not from one of these free ipod scams) and sell it.

Dec 18, 2009 at 2:54 PM Post #6,707 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Monkey,
How did you expect them to sound (apart from sounding like the JH13 PRO)?

I expected them to sound significantly better than any other IEM I have tried. They do.

I also expected them to compete with top shelf full-sized cans. Still early, so I reserve judgment on that.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #6,708 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I expected them to sound significantly better than any other IEM I have tried. They do.

I also expected them to compete with top shelf full-sized cans. Still early, so I reserve judgment on that.

Got mine yesterday as well. Would agree with the above statement that they sound better than any other IEM.

some pics
smily_headphones1.gif

4193384161_3b0b0b7a19_o.jpg

4194211728_1ea012928b.jpg

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #6,709 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been using my Woo 6 quite a bit with the 13's and getting fantastic sound. Love those tubesssss.

Do you notice any transformer hum? I did notice a very low hums with my WA6.

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM Post #6,710 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine yesterday as well. Would agree with the above statement that they sound better than any other IEM.

some pics
smily_headphones1.gif

saw these on JH Audio's facebook sweet ears gallery...LOVE them! (was me that made the comment on the pic haha)

Dec 18, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #6,711 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by krucacing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About the tips for comfort by pressing somewhere around the cable connection and the earpiece? somebody care to share that tips and how to do it? Because i feel pressure and soreness, sometimes even pain on the upper rim/helix lock area of my ear after just about 2 hours of usage
confused.gif

I spent a while doing just that last night. My concern right now about the fit is very similar to yours. What I did was bend the cable such that it is not pulling and such that it exerts as little force as possible on the iem. I think the memory wire can pull up (or down, as the case may be) on the earpiece, which may contribute to the discomfort. Also, when I screw in my earpiece, I first get the deepest seal possible and then just dial it back very slightly. This seems to help with the pressure. I'm still not certain that I don't need a refit, but I will tweak as above for a couple more days to figure it out. Any other tips/tricks are appreciated.

Dec 18, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #6,714 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm I can't seem to find any JH11 Appreciation thread..

Anyway does any owner of a JH11 say that the bass of the JH11 kinda makes you feel like your customs are vibrating like a subwoofer in your ear?

This is called bone conduction and is considered to be one of the "benefits" of having customs.

Dec 18, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #6,715 of 10,743
When does JHA long holiday start?

Still waiting for ship back out.

I do own a pair of JH11. The bass not as much as UE11 in quantity (but close), i do surely the JH11 bass quality is better, no cloudy atmosphere like UE11 from hum. JH11 bass is prominent tight, quick and accurate, the melody inside.

I'd not use the word bass head for JH11 but if you're bass enjoy. Don't miss it. They sound amazing for pop, rock, dance, hiphop, rap, classical especially the concert.

From my hearing JH11 has more bass punchier than JH13 . It's a different unlike 10X3 and 13.

Still waiting for 13s. Hope they here by next week.

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #6,716 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iseenew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When does JHA long holiday start?

Still waiting for ship back out.

I do own a pair of JH11. The bass not as much as UE11 in quantity (but close), i do surely the JH11 bass quality is better, no cloudy atmosphere like UE11 from hum. JH11 bass is prominent tight, quick and accurate, the melody inside.

I'd not use the word bass head for JH11 but if you're bass enjoy. Don't miss it. They sound amazing for pop, rock, dance, hiphop, rap, classical especially the concert.

From my hearing JH11 has more bass punchier than JH13 . It's a different unlike 10X3 and 13.

Still waiting for 13s. Hope they here by next week.

Wow, those are gorgeous! Hopefully you find much enjoyment out of your 13's also!

Dec 18, 2009 at 6:57 PM Post #6,717 of 10,743
actually my 13s were there at JHA since last monday for a refit, some problem with the Left.

That was my first refit but they end up with remake a new pair for me.

BTW JH11 is more alternative choice for people who don't concern much in sound analyzing. They meant for a music enjoyable than other sound eng. so there're no surprise if we see some people talk about the bass quantity of 13s.

Dec 18, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #6,718 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by yunaforever009 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Krucacing, can you expound on the "clicking" sound? I think that may be what I am experiencing, but couldn't really describe it to Jerry...

Are you hearing this sound especially when your ears are oily wth sweat? If that is what you are hearing, it's a sound caused by friction between your ear bed and ear pieces, I guess. On my 2nd refit this sound was rather severe when I run so I asked them add more mass to shell. It is now not as bad as before as I rarely hear this sound even with heavy running.

Dec 18, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #6,719 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jc9394 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you notice any transformer hum? I did notice a very low hums with my WA6.

I get zero hum. But then I have modified my 6 quite a bit and paid attention to getting rid of any hum by correct capacitor resistor implementation. CRCRC and the use of more capacitance than stock and with the Black Gates nonpolar in Super E. The 6 gives me the best sound with the 13's of all my amps. Everything follows the power supply, and the better the power supply the better the sound.

Dec 18, 2009 at 9:29 PM Post #6,720 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I get zero hum. But then I have modified my 6 quite a bit and paid attention to getting rid of any hum by correct capacitor resistor implementation. CRCRC and the use of more capacitance than stock and with the Black Gates nonpolar in Super E. The 6 gives me the best sound with the 13's of all my amps. Everything follows the power supply, and the better the power supply the better the sound.

im assuming amongst all those mods you lowered the output impedance as well? is it possible to lower the gain so more of the volume knob is usable with the 13's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back