JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Dec 4, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #6,361 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You won't go wrong with either of them. Each has its own pros and cons but they are both excellent performers. It's just my own taste that I prefer the iQube v2.

did you used to have a pico amp/dac? and then switch to the iQube V2? if thats the case could you comment on the differences? how much volume control do you get with the iQube using the JH13's?

thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #6,362 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you used to have a pico amp/dac? and then switch to the iQube V2? if thats the case could you comment on the differences? how much volume control do you get with the iQube using the JH13's?

Yes, I did have the Pico+dac and Pico DAC. My thoughts about them are here.

Dec 4, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #6,364 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are built for stage use and to be pretty rugged but def. don't abuse them. But I am almost positive they are fine.

Yeah I find that with constant use (while playing drums or moving around) there is some probability that they will be knocked around even with careful handling. Hopefully they'll stay fine.

Dec 4, 2009 at 1:03 PM Post #6,365 of 10,743
Did anyone have in-ear pressure problem?

i found the sound increased or dropped while i raised my head or did wide open jaw.

My JH is perfectly fit. No loose or too tight also won't pop out even i shake my head and jaw.

How i suppose to do?

Dec 4, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #6,366 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by iseenew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did anyone have in-ear pressure problem?

i found the sound increased or dropped while i raised my head or did wide open jaw.

My JH is perfectly fit. No loose or too tight also won't pop out even i shake my head and jaw.

How i suppose to do?

I have that with my other customs due to their short stems. Do you have a strong suction feeling when u put them in? If so, pull on your ear lobe or pull the monitor out some from the back of your ear (just enough to let the pressure out) and it should be normal again.

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #6,371 of 10,743
Hey Everyone.

I've had my JH-13's for about a week now, but I've been unable to take them away from my ears to get photos. I'm planning on writing a full comparison in the future (JH-13's / ACS T1 / SE530 / ER4P->S / E4c / HF2) but I'll lay down a few things I've found. Keep in mind, all of these statements are based upon personal impressions, by no mean is this meant to be the law of the land.

Comfort: My main concern was how the acrylic would feel on my ears. Upon placing the headphones in my ear canals, I felt the presence, but it's not uncomfortable (double negative intended), nor intrusive. I've worn them for periods exceeding six hours with no discomfort, pain, or annoyance.

Cleanliness: The audio is extremely clean, and what appears to be flat. I'm able to hear articulation of each component in the mix, none of which appear to be favored unless the track has been laid out that way.

Bass: I was also concerned about bass. As I'm in love with the low frequencies, it was a hesitation due to the 2x2x2 configuration compared to the 1x1x2 config found in other pairs. Wow, I was pleasantly surprised. The bass is DEEP, articulate, and fast. In comparison, it feels like you have have a 12" sealed subwoofer inside your head. Now, the IEM's have the ability to produce level, of any frequency, you like, but I feel it'll depend on your source. If you're a true bass head, the unaltered sound from an iPod or iPhone will absolutely be sufficient. But, to get the true low end emphasis desired, a parametric EQ or external amp may be needed to solve any further low end envy.

Scalability: As I progressed from my iPod 5.5 Gen -> iPhone 3Gs -> MacBook Pro 13", I felt the quality of audio produced better and better. From reading, it seems that the headphones will only improve with better DAC's and amplification, so be prepared to sink more money in to a better signal chain
tongue_smile.gif

Isolation: With my current fit, the IEM's don't isolate very well. I'd love them to knock out more external sound, but take this with a grain of salt as I use them in Chicago. When I'm at home listening, I'm able to listen to audio on some of the lowest levels my sources can output, still retaining clarity. I'm planning on sending them back to JHAudio to resolve this, as my needs might be more extreme then others.

Fun: These IEM's are truly a joy to listen to. Anything I throw at them, it's like I'm listening to the recording for the first time. They have allowed me to admire the mixing quality, dynamic range, and placement of all of the sounds. Such a joy, in fact, that I haven't been able to leave my bed for the last week
redface.gif

Conclusion: These headphones produce the best sound I've ever heard. What's scary, is I know I'm not even pushing them to their upper limit. The audio bliss presented is something to die for. I wouldn't hesitate to spend the money on them again due to the sheer amazement it brings from your music. Thanks for reading, and I appreciate any / all feedback. Now for the pics!

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:18 PM Post #6,373 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was a nice read! Glad you enjoy them as many here do.
Sad to hear about your fit issue, is it only one of the monitors that are not 100% sealed or both?

It just seems to be my right ear. I've been able to compensate on my MBP by adjusting the balance. But, the portables still suffer from the improper fit. The adjustment needed is very minor though. See pic:

Dec 4, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #6,375 of 10,743
so i went to get my impressions today. so i cleaned out my ears really good in preparation for this. I got there and shes making the dams and chatting about headphones and such and then realizes she hadnt looked in my ears yet, so she busts out her little scope thingy and checks and says "you used q-tips didnt you?" and im like "yeah, my mom cleaned my ears with qtips my whole life". So i turns out youre not supposed to use qtips to clean your ears, instead of cleaning them it pushes all the wax down against the drum. So she volunteers to clean it out, but warns me that its gonna hurt lol so i laugh (thinking sure lady, its just my ear) so she starts, and ive got to say that that was one of the most painful things ive ever been through, and she pulls it out, and its a giant ***** wad of ear wax. Id always felt i couldnt hear as well out of my right ear, and couldnt pop it as easily as my left, and now i know why. She said that it was probably providing upwards of 15db of attenuation haha so now i can hear so much better. but becuase of that, i guess it was raw and would be sore, so shes making me come back on tuesday to get my impressions done. I almost thought that instead of pictures of my headphones, i should show you guys my beastly wax wad hahaha

on a more serious note though, does anyone use the Move amps with their jh13's? cuase that seems to be very good, according to skylab, and also very cheap, ones in the sales forum right now for 150, so im thining if its really that good, id just get that. but im worried about hiss, as always haha but the owner said that even on the high gain setting with his triple fi 10's he gets no hiss.

thanks
soup

Users who are viewing this thread

Back