JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 25, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #3,946 of 10,743
I just sent in my impressions.
evil_smiley.gif

now the waiting begins!

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:12 PM Post #3,947 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now the sound. I went to a meet on the weekend in sydney and was able to compare HD800 (balanced with a TWcu cable) out of Mac unibody->B32->B22 to d10->Lisa III->JH13 and Lavry DA10->Melos->1/4" to mini convertor with 'nude' vishay/dale->JH13

i did not find the time before I left to re-terminate the JH13 to 2 x 3 pin XLR, I have to say that at least with this unfair advantage of the HD800 rig being so excellent and the JH13 rig being just very good and SE, that the HD800 did outshine the Jh13.

When you have heard the 13's balanced, then you have heard The music.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #3,948 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpudHarris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm in a net cafe whilst on vacation with my JH13's while I type, damn you head-fi I should be in the sun but can't help catching up
icon10.gif
!!

My left side breaks seal fairly easily
frown.gif
, like if I smile too broadly which is obviously a problem whilst using these things. Can anyone tell me if I pick up the tab for a left side re-fit or JHA?...

Thanks in advance...

If you're a true Brit, you're not supposed to smile broadly unless you come from the north (or from Wales), that is. :)

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:27 PM Post #3,949 of 10,743
^^I expect you are right Jamato; i'm waiting impatiently for my case to arrive and the wooden front/back panels to be laser-cut. I may sneak a peek with it on a breadboard or in a cardboard box in the meantime; you guys will be the first to know.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #3,950 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone use their JH13's successfully on the treadmill? I tried a few days ago, and it kept losing the seal.. Is this normal?

along the same lines, should i be worried about sweat getting into the electronics, especially the cable connection to the ear pieces themselves? thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
!

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #3,951 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawpunch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
along the same lines, should i be worried about sweat getting into the electronics, especially the cable connection to the ear pieces themselves? thanks
smily_headphones1.gif
!

I think you'll be fine. I use my sensaphonics while I run on the treadmill. I don't believe your inner ear has sweat glands so I wouldn't worry.

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #3,953 of 10,743
Bad news... I have sent out the impressions two weeks ago and the tracking number indicated that they have received the package on 17th. I wanted to check up on my order so I emailed Brittany. I didn't get any reply for a week, so I emailed again. Now, I get a reply saying that my impressions are no where to be found. I guess I need to spend another $50 on impressions and send them again.

I wasted $50 and 10 days of waiting time, so I recommend you guys to call up and check on your order if you didn't hear anything after sending out the impressions!

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #3,954 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bad news... I have sent out the impressions two weeks ago and the tracking number indicated that they have received the package on 17th. I wanted to check up on my order so I emailed Brittany. I didn't get any reply for a week, so I emailed again. Now, I get a reply saying that my impressions are no where to be found. I guess I need to spend another $50 on impressions and send them again.

I wasted $50 and 10 days of waiting time, so I recommend you guys to call up and check on your order if you didn't hear anything after sending out the impressions!

If you have a signed receipt that they received the impressions but they can't be found, I am sure JH will make it good with you. Since you have a receipt indicating they were delivered I would ask them to check again.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #3,955 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Before any flaming is thrown (again) my way, some of you might want to check my latest post on the ES3X thread today where I suggested someone whos's having issues with their ES3X's might want to consider getting some JH customs.

HOWEVER, having a world recession at present and seeing that currently JH Audio seems to be doing pretty well, is it not possible, I wonder, to hire a temp to do some much needed admin work? For weeks on end now we've been hearing about poor communication and other issues which seem to be caused by being understaffed. Considering these products are certainly not cheap, I simply find this whole admin side of things quite unacceptable. I can't imagine hiring a temp for, say, 3/4 months would be that difficult. And this certainly becomes an even bigger issue for those living outside the US.

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:39 PM Post #3,956 of 10,743
I am listening to some Blues Traveler, not my favorite music by any stretch but on the 13 it is, well, interesting. The 13's sure do nail all of the transient speed and textures of "Four".

Well, actually I am enjoying "Four".

Aug 25, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #3,957 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before any flaming is thrown (again) my way, some of you might want to check my latest post on the ES3X thread today where I suggested someone whos's having issues with their ES3X's might want to consider getting some JH customs.

HOWEVER, having a world recession at present and seeing that currently JH Audio seems to be doing pretty well, is it not possible, I wonder, to hire a temp to do some much needed admin work? For weeks on end now we've been hearing about poor communication and other issues which seem to be caused by being understaffed. Considering these products are certainly not cheap, I simply find this whole admin side of things quite unacceptable. I can't imagine hiring a temp for, say, 3/4 months would be that difficult. And this certainly becomes an even bigger issue for those living outside the US.

I agree completely... Customer service should be priority. Always. No matter what. Same-day responses to emails is a must, and they have to operate under a policy of something like "the customer is always right" - within legal boundaries of course.

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #3,958 of 10,743
due to the head-fi flu, i might catch this Jh13 pro virus as well
smily_headphones1.gif

how does the JH13 pro's SQ compare with big brothers : HD800/650, Grado GS1000/PS1000/HF2/RS1, JVC Dx1000, denon d5000/7000, AKGs etc?

[I understand that this might have been discussed already, but the thread is too long ]

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #3,959 of 10,743
I was rather nervous after hearing about lack of response from JH Audio so I called them after sending my impressions last week. They confirmed they got it yesterday and sent me a confirmation email that my order's being processed. Brittany told me it's a good time to order now. Perhaps, they are not backed up now?? Jamie said 2 weeks but we shall see..

Aug 26, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #3,960 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by oxophone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
due to the head-fi flu, i might catch this Jh13 pro virus as well
smily_headphones1.gif

how does the JH13 pro's SQ compare with big brothers : HD800/650, Grado GS1000/PS1000/HF2/RS1, JVC Dx1000, denon d5000/7000, AKGs etc?

[I understand that this might have been discussed already, but the thread is too long ]

It's in here: Review: Three Flagship Custom IEM - Westone ES3X vs Jerry Harvey JH13Pro vs Ultimate Ears UE11Pro - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back