JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 16, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #3,586 of 10,747
Just a quick question. I gather that for all customs your initials will be imprinted on the underside of the custom shell right? Must they be your initials or can you choose which letters you want. And is it only 2 letter limit or can you put more than 2 letters.

Thanks

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:41 AM Post #3,587 of 10,747
I am sure you can request them to put ANY 2 letters (or even numbers) on yours. However, I think there is a good chance that they may forget about your request when they actually make them. So, you better make sure they know that you want letters other than the initials of you name (call or email to remind them).

As a side note, I actually asked Adam whether he can put my name on them (2 words with 4 letters each), and his reply was that "Oh, there isn't much room there, it gets crowded". So, I just went with my initials.

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #3,588 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotdoggie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure you can request them to put ANY 2 letters (or even numbers) on yours. However, I think there is a good chance that they may forget about your request when they actually make them. So, you better make sure they know that you want letters other than the initials of you name (call or email to remind them).

As a side note, I actually asked Adam whether he can put my name on them (2 words with 4 letters each), and his reply was that "Oh, there isn't much room there, it gets crowded". So, I just went with my initials.

Ok thanks alot for the help
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #3,589 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a prediction for the next 30 days: by 15th September pila405 will have ordered the JH13's.
wink.gif

Now, just imagine that by Xmas 2009 Westone announced a new set of customs: the Westone ES18Z (9 drivers inside each earpiece) priced at $1,500; then a new review by HPA telling the world the ES18Z is the new 'King' of IEM's. What would Pila do? :) <--- Smiley

ROFL! But could be...I guess I will just wait for Xmas...

Aug 16, 2009 at 10:56 AM Post #3,591 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er, no. It's called the ES9X and there's no price given yet (none that I could find):

http://www.westone.com/content/es9x.html

FYI, it was originally intended to be called the ES9X as you quite rightly point out, but seeing how JH has named his custom IEM's -- which means that from a marketing point of view the bigger the number, the better it seems -- Westone decided to rename it the ES18Z. They were temped to name it ES19Z or ES20Z to make it seem even more impressive, but they felt ES18Z was a more accurate description of the total number of drivers and there was no reason to mislead consumers.

Here: http://www.westone.com/content/es18z.html

Aug 16, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #3,592 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FYI, it was originally intended to be called the ES9X as you quite rightly point out, but seeing how JH has named his custom IEM's -- which means that from a marketing point of view the bigger the number, the better it seems -- Westone decided to rename it the ES18Z. They were temped to name it ES19Z or ES20Z to make it seem even more impressive, but they felt ES18Z was a more accurate description of the total number of drivers and there was no reason to mislead consumers.

Here: http://www.westone.com/content/es18z.html

Aw crap. I'd missed that, thanks. Westone's website is such a mess, it's hard to find even the ES3X -- try entering "ES3x" in the Search Westone box and the result you get is: "No results. Did you mean #13?" Pretty ironic, uh?

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:06 PM Post #3,595 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there anyone here that have sent back the JH 13 pro becouse the sealing wasnt that good?
The question is, do they need new ear impressions when sending them back?.

I have sent my jh13 with new ear impression.

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #3,596 of 10,747
Speaking of fit, I currently own the SE530's. I use medium silicone tips and it took me a while to adjust to the sensation of wearing the SE530's, having come from wearing the CX95's, which do not insert as deeply into the ear canal. The SE530's felt quite intrusive and made my ears feel blocked, which I suppose they must in order to provide good sound isolation.

I gather that custom IEMs go even deeper into the ear canal. I'm a little concerned that this might be problematic for me. How have people found the transition from universal IEMs such as the SE530's, UM3X's or W3's to custom IEMs in terms of comfort? Do customs feel more intrusive than universals?

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #3,598 of 10,747
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of fit, I currently own the SE530's. I use medium silicone tips and it took me a while to adjust to the sensation of wearing the SE530's, having come from wearing the CX95's, which do not insert as deeply into the ear canal. The SE530's felt quite intrusive and made my ears feel blocked, which I suppose they must in order to provide good sound isolation.

I gather that custom IEMs go even deeper into the ear canal. I'm a little concerned that this might be problematic for me. How have people found the transition from universal IEMs such as the SE530's, UM3X's or W3's to custom IEMs in terms of comfort? Do customs feel more intrusive than universals?

Personally, my transition from universals (SE530's actually) to cutoms has been quite easy.

I can certainly see where an ill-fitted custom would be really ucomfortable (being hard acrylic and all), but there is nothing like one that is properly fitted.

And that's coming from a guy who had a lot of problems with comfort when using IEM's in general. I'd actually gotten to the point where I was making my own tips from soft foam earplugs, so I was really pretty nervous about comfort when I ordered my JH13's.

Needless to say, I'm thrilled that it turned out to be a non-issue, at least for me!

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #3,599 of 10,747
Quote:

My transition was rather easy too, i used to use Custom tips for the Shure SE530, not problem with that at all. When i got my ES3X, didn't have any troubles with that either, just popped them in and off i went.

Aug 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #3,600 of 10,747
Quote:

My transition was rather easy too, i used to use Custom tips for the Shure SE530, not problem with that at all. When i got my ES3X, didn't have any troubles with that either, just popped them in and off i went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back