JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 15, 2009 at 2:32 AM Post #3,527 of 10,743
The thing is, I was charged for Priority!

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:43 AM Post #3,528 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The thing is, I was charged for Priority!

Oh, I see. Well, give them a call and ask for a refund on the difference then.

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #3,529 of 10,743
Quote:

qusp have yours shipped? Sounds like we're in the same batch- I got a tracking number and my card got charged about an hour ago. Mine are shipping priority so hopefully I'll get them next week too..

when did they get your impressions? The got my impressions on July 7th and I got my form on July 13th. Was your stuff sent before that? I don't want to bother them so I thought if I had an idea of how long it is taking everyone else I would have a rough time period.

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #3,530 of 10,743
Hotdoggie> So I should have been charged $50?

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #3,531 of 10,743
Quote:

Hotdoggie> So I should have been charged $50?

I guess that depends on where you are though, right? For me, the order form says:

"INTERNATIONAL:
ECONOMY $30.00/EXPRESS $50.00/PRIORITY $75.00"

So, they sent mine by Express instead of Priority; hence, they charged me $50.

The bottom line is that you should definitely give them a call to sort this out.

Aug 15, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #3,532 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by qusp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you'de have to harden that silver to use in the tips though. needs to be pretty rigid there. I'm using a friends kiln. nice set-up brad, you know the only thing I envy though
evil_smiley.gif
lucky I dont live next door
tongue.gif

High purity silver won't hold a temper. The tips would be fine though. I have worked with it enough that unless abused, they will hold up fine. So how do you use the kiln? That would take the temper out of anything unless you are making pots.

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #3,533 of 10,743
So I just picked up my iphone 3gs yesterday and I'm loving it. The only issue I'm having is that I picked up a switcheasy rebel case to go with it and the 3.5mm connector on the jh13 pros won't fit because of the hard plastic part of the case. It prevents the connector from fitting flush in the headphone jack.

Anyone (specifically jh13pro owners/iphone owners) have any suggestions for alleviating this rather big problem? What kind of cases are you guys using?

Aug 15, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #3,534 of 10,743
Hi jamato, i see that you also own a ESW10, I have heard of it once. How could the jh13pro compare with them, especially in the soundstage part?

Thanks alot

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #3,535 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I just picked up my iphone 3gs yesterday and I'm loving it. The only issue I'm having is that I picked up a switcheasy rebel case to go with it and the 3.5mm connector on the jh13 pros won't fit because of the hard plastic part of the case. It prevents the connector from fitting flush in the headphone jack.

Anyone (specifically jh13pro owners/iphone owners) have any suggestions for alleviating this rather big problem? What kind of cases are you guys using?

I have an iPhone 3GS, two rebel cases and I use UE-11's and I have this same problem of the case being too thick. I had an adapter for the original iPhone by Belkin but it was ugly as sin. So I just used a drill and widened the hole in the hard plastic piece. It worked. I was surprised it turned out so well. Usually if I attempt anything that doesn't involve a computer it usually turns out poorly.

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:04 AM Post #3,536 of 10,743
Quote:

I use the same case, and most earphones I have don't fit either. I just pull the plastic part of the case that covers the plug back off of the rubber part and then insert the earphones. It's not very convenient, and it's frustrating to have to do, but I have yet to find a case that is as good (otherwise) as the Rebel.

I'm usually sitting down somewhere or at my desk when I listen anyway, so it's not like I'm compromising the case's function, but I'm in the same spot - I don't like doing it.

Edit: However, I like funkymonk's suggestion above me... maybe i'll try it!

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #3,537 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by charpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi jamato, i see that you also own a ESW10, I have heard of it once. How could the jh13pro compare with them, especially in the soundstage part?

Thanks alot

I have the esw10s as well, and think they are the best portable headphones available, but are bested by many full-size headphones for sq, including soundstage. The jh13s are in a different league altogether, and to my ears, are equal to or better than than almost all headphones I've heard.

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #3,538 of 10,743
Yea I love that idea too. I've never been that handy with a drill though. Anything I should concern myself with before I give it a shot? Btw, thanks for the suggestion
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #3,539 of 10,743
Ugh, I want these so bad. Probably am going to have to wait six months or so...

One of the nice things about these IEM's is that they seem relatively future-proof. I don't think there will be anything better coming out in the next couple of years, at least. I can't help but feel badly for some of the folks who jumped on the ES3X or UE11 in the months before these were released.

Aug 15, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #3,540 of 10,743
Quote:

Yea I love that idea too. I've never been that handy with a drill though. Anything I should concern myself with before I give it a shot? Btw, thanks for the suggestion
smily_headphones1.gif

What worked for me is going slow and using increasingly larger drill bits instead of going big immediately. It won't look perfect but it works and doesn't really detract from the rest of the case. The drill can make it somewhat rough so I used a nail file (any fine file should work) and I smoothed out the plastic around the hole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back