JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #3,136 of 10,743
I also got to try the universals at the NorCal meet today out of my iPod Touch and Iron Dreamer's Pico. With all of the positive reviews here, I was trying to not let my expectations get out of hand before getting a chance to audition them. My expectations were quickly thrown out however. They (and the JH11 and JH10x3) were quite good and considering that they were universals made them even more impressive. I did have some of the same reservations that GTL had but again, they're universal and the shape of one's ear canal and the tip used will have an affect on the sound signature. I can only imagine how much better the customized JH13 would be.

Resistance is proving to be futile...anyone know a good audiologist in the South Bay Area?
icon10.gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:20 AM Post #3,137 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha. Don't worry. Did you get a good seal? How did you get to try it out? These are all possible reasons. And whether you tried them with good rigs because they really scale to whatever your rig is...

I tried them at jaben. I had a good seal, and my rig is nowhere near the best, but sufficient for IEMs. Ibasso d2 viper DAC. Hmm must try them more to make a decision...

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #3,138 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok i got to try the JH13 pros universals for a few tracks, initial impressions are its better than my um3x, but i can't see why is everybody gushing over it(the universals). Maybe the custom version is so much better, but as of now, i am not entirely convinced its as good as it seems.

P.S. This is solely my impression based on a brief session with the JH13 universals, please dun flame me for it pple. Perhaps my ears are not audiophile ears......

Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also got to try the universals at the NorCal meet today out of my iPod Touch and Iron Dreamer's Pico. With all of the positive reviews here, I was trying to not let my expectations get out of hand before getting a chance to audition them. My expectations were quickly thrown out however. They (and the JH11 and JH10x3) were quite good and considering that they were universals made them even more impressive. I did have some of the same reservations that GTL had but again, they're universal and the shape of one's ear canal and the tip used will have an affect on the sound signature. I can only imagine how much better the customized JH13 would be.

Resistance is proving to be futile...anyone know a good audiologist in the South Bay Area?
icon10.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried them at jaben. I had a good seal, and my rig is nowhere near the best, but sufficient for IEMs. Ibasso d2 viper DAC. Hmm must try them more to make a decision...

No matter what you both say, if you were not blown away, there's objectively something wrong with you both.

And the less blown away you were, the more something is wrong with you both. There cannot be anybody on the planet who will not be 100% blown away by the universals, and 150% by the custom version.

Please don't forget this IS an Appreciation thread, so watch it!

EDIT: Forgot the smiley, here -----> :)

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:32 AM Post #3,139 of 10,743
Actually what were you expecting and what is it that you're looking for? It might not have what you're looking for...

Were there any of the JH series that made you like it?

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #3,140 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No matter what you both say, if you were not blown away, there's objectively something wrong with you both.

And the less blown away you were, the more something is wrong with you both. There cannot be anybody on the planet who will not be 100% blown away by the universals, and 150% by the custom version.

Please don't forget this IS an Appreciation thread, so watch it!

EDIT: Forgot the smiley, here -----> :)

Actually one of the guys working at Jaben prefers JH11 BY FAR over the JH13.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #3,141 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazyguy106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually one of the guys working at Jaben prefers JH11 BY FAR over the JH13.

Then there's also something objectively wrong with him.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM Post #3,142 of 10,743
[QUOTE=GTL;5917172]I tried them at jaben. I had a good seal, and my rig is nowhere near the best, but sufficient for IEMs. Ibasso d2 viper DAC. Hmm must try them more to make a decision...[/QUOTE]

I am very interesting that JABEN has this one? Could you please advice me the price?

thank you.

Aug 9, 2009 at 9:47 AM Post #3,143 of 10,743
2.2k SGD covering shipment, ear moulds and the usual. =)

Go there to try the JH series!

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM Post #3,144 of 10,743
I also got the chance to try the universal demo set of the JH13s. It was really impressive. To me at least, beats the W3 hands down. No contest. The JH13 is clearer and not as veiled and the W3's bass seems over done. The JH13 was more balanced with no emphasis on any spectrum of the music. And this was simply out of my iPhone 3G. I also felt that the JH13 was slightly better than my E530 which has been reshelled as customs. The reshelled E530 had more pronounced mids (typical Shure) and I could tell where the highs got rolled off when I compared it with the JH13. I can only imagine how much better the JH13 would sound as customs.

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM Post #3,145 of 10,743
Relax the same guy is known for listening to his ipod directly from the line out...

Hahaha it seems to be really difficult for someone to be civil.

Anyway JH13s are a clear level above JH11s to most musicians I know... Haha. And I've really brought many musicians to try.

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #3,146 of 10,743
i think JH11 makes the background instruments shine. maybe that's why some people prefer JH11 over JH13 in terms of demo units.

JH13 still does have more accuracy and detail over JH11. but to some people maybe that's not that important.

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:52 AM Post #3,147 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I probably wear these about 10 to 12 hours a day and still can't get enough.

Ah ah! So, no physical discomfort? How does it feel when you speak/sing?

(Are we still allowed to talk about the JH13 in this thread?
redface.gif
)

Aug 9, 2009 at 12:14 PM Post #3,148 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah ah! So, no physical discomfort? How does it feel when you speak/sing?

(Are we still allowed to talk about the JH13 in this thread?
redface.gif
)

Weren't the last few purely about JH13???

To answer your question I can eat with my JH13s on...

Hahaha

And Fuze... You have to understand that he's talking about the reshelled version... Which is supposed to be up there with the customs... Which I still have yet to test to confirm.

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM Post #3,149 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveDerek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tyrion seems quite pleased with running his JH13s from a HeadAmp Gilmore Lite:

Interesting. I also love the small factor of the GLite. It can be easily stacked under my DAC. Would be a nice, smaller rig than my last dorm rig .

Now the problem is whether the Glite is better than the amp section of the Buffalo B32s or not.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shadow and P-51 are very close with a slight edge going to the Shadow in transparency and speed but I think this will be noticed mostly with the best in monitors. The Shadow is very, very transparent and works very well with the JH13's and my Ultrasone Ed. 9. Oh and the ESW10's and . . . :^)

Sweet. The P51+ESW10 is indeed a superb match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok just got back from the NorCal meet and I attended with the intent to try and see how well the JH 13s scale with better amps and dacs and well they improve and sound great with the best amps that are out there.

What amp did you try there with the JH13?

Aug 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #3,150 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Shadow and P-51 are very close with a slight edge going to the Shadow in transparency and speed but I think this will be noticed mostly with the best in monitors. The Shadow is very, very transparent and works very well with the JH13's and my Ultrasone Ed. 9. Oh and the ESW10's and . . . :^)

I am very satisfy with my Mustang P-51 but if the Shadow if slightly better it's very interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back