JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Aug 1, 2009 at 3:15 AM Post #2,701 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_ba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am debating what (if any) artwork to get for my JH-13's. I haven't seen (m)any pictures in this thread (except for HPA's, which look awesome), and I can't find a JH 13 pics thread.

Would people mind directing me to a thread, or providing links to their pics, or just posting some pictures here? Or, if you've just got a good idea for artwork, please share it! If I can think of something interesting, I'll make use of Adam's skills. Otherwise, it'll just be clear. Can you see all the drivers if you get them clear??

Seconded, but on the other hand, shouldn't they look almost the same as any other customs?
tongue.gif

Oh, and have not even found HPA's JH|13 pictures on this thread, do you mind telling me the page number? LOL Thanks alot

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:17 AM Post #2,702 of 10,743
I received my JH-13’s in the mail today, and after my ears finally got used to customs, I have to agree all the hype (praises) and comparability to the best of headphones are true. I can’t say much for stats or the R10, but compared to the HD800 and L3000 they come damn close and in the case of the HD800 I would go so far as to say better for my tastes (the bass demolishes the HD800’s without sacrificing anything).

Strangely enough, their only weakness (for me) is that they’re too transparent. As someone who is extremely sensitive to high frequencies, this does bother me with a few of my favorite songs / bands that tend to be on the bright side. So with that in mind, my L3000s still edge the JH13s partially because they are darker. The jury is still out on which has better bass, but there is no doubt the JH-13s bass has phenomenal extension and control.

Slightly off topic:
Well noted Music_4321, I can only hope their their service remains as excellent as it has been. I guess time will tell, as they become a larger company.

I would say however, the “cool” website isn’t meant just to look hip. It’s more about giving off a professional and trusted image. Psychologically I find myself trusting websites that are well formed than poorly conceived sites.

Regarding their slogan, I’ve got no arguments there
smile.gif
. The scary part though, is listening to the JH-13s truly is aural bliss.

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #2,704 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamenthe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my JH-13’s in the mail today, and after my ears finally got used to customs, I have to agree all the hype (praises) and comparability to the best of headphones are true. I can’t say much for stats or the R10, but compared to the HD800 and L3000 they come damn close and in the case of the HD800 I would go so far as to say better for my tastes (the bass demolishes the HD800’s without sacrificing anything).

Strangely enough, their only weakness (for me) is that they’re too transparent. As someone who is extremely sensitive to high frequencies, this does bother me with a few of my favorite songs / bands that tend to be on the bright side. So with that in mind, my L3000s still edge the JH13s partially because they are darker. The jury is still out on which has better bass, but there is no doubt the JH-13s bass has phenomenal extension and control.

Slightly off topic:
Well noted Music_4321, I can only hope their their service remains as excellent as it has been. I guess time will tell, as they become a larger company.

I would say however, the “cool” website isn’t meant just to look hip. It’s more about giving off a professional and trusted image. Psychologically I find myself trusting websites that are well formed than poorly conceived sites.

Regarding their slogan, I’ve got no arguments there
smile.gif
. The scary part though, is listening to the JH-13s truly is aural bliss.

Do the JH13 Pro have a similar soundstage presentation to the Sennheiser HD800?

Aug 1, 2009 at 4:46 AM Post #2,705 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by doping panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not going to say it didn't cross my mind.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thank you guys for your impressions. I'm leaning JH13s. Now, I just have to wait next week for my financial aid to finally come in. I only have the money to buy the JH13s since I had to sell every piece of equipment I had to pay rent which is supposed to be covered by my financial aid. I'm not really sure if it's really a bad thing or not at this point since I would probably never have sold my Lambda rig or my PPAv2 without extreme circumstances, but because I did sold them I will soon have the money to buy a JH13.
beerchug.gif

What? Using your financial aid to buy headphones? Time-out for you young man.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #2,706 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidhunternyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? Using your financial aid to buy headphones? Time-out for you young man.

As someone who suffered from actual malnutrition as a student because I couldn't afford enough food, I have to agree. Someone who can afford to spend his financial aid on a pair of $1000+ earphones doesn't need financial aid.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:25 AM Post #2,707 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As someone who suffered from actual malnutrition as a student because I couldn't afford enough food, I have to agree. Someone who can afford to spend his financial aid on a pair of $1000+ earphones doesn't need financial aid.

Agreed, Please give me that money for I am going 100,000 dollars in debt just from undergrad.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #2,709 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? how do you lose so much money? how do you pay that back? what happened? did you get in to a school who rob you or... what in the hell? did you sit in the golden chair?

School Costs 50,000 a year, School gives me 100,000 bucks for 4 years. 100,000 left to pay off. The actual truth is that I am in Physics, so chances are I will be paid to go to grad school. All loans won't have to be paid back until I am out of grad school, so that will prob be when I am around 28 lol ( I am 19 now).

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:52 AM Post #2,710 of 10,743
I've explained it earlier, but since apparently none of you have read my post post explaining my situation so I'll say it again. I had more than $1100 dollars worth of gear that I earned by my own means. My financial aid helps pays not only for tuition, but also food and housing. My financial aid for summer as of right now has still not come in despite it being almost two months into summer sessions because the check got lost in transit to my mailbox. Because of that, I had to sell every piece of gear I had except the K500 on my head right now to pay my rent for the last month and this upcoming one. So, when my grant comes I'm recouping my losses from before than just freely using my fianancial aid to pay for expensive IEMs. This is the last time I'll be explaining myself. If you still want to antagonize me, then you'll fall on deaf ears because I don't care at this point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've actually have had to go home for the majority of the week for the last two months because I couldn't afford food. I paid for most of my summer housing and food selling the gear I already had. I'm just more or less recouping my losses right now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What? how do you lose so much money? how do you pay that back? what happened? did you get in to a school who rob you or... what in the hell? did you sit in the golden chair?

It's really not that inconceivable. It costs something like 20k - 30k a year to go to some private universities and state universities if you're not a resident of the state. Add in the price of housing, eating, possibly transportation and it adds up.

Aug 1, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #2,711 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott_Tarlow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
School Costs 50,000 a year, School gives me 100,000 bucks for 4 years. 100,000 left to pay off. The actual truth is that I am in Physics, so chances are I will be paid to go to grad school. All loans won't have to be paid back until I am out of grad school, so that will prob be when I am around 28 lol ( I am 19 now).

I am sure that you are aware of what has been happening with college graduates nowadays who have brilliant degrees, no jobs, and have huge college debt. Even a job a Starbuck's is manna from heaven for some people. I hope with a Physics degree you will happily find a job. I have a Fine Art degree and I often find myself wishing that I worked in Applied Physics.

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:17 AM Post #2,713 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An L3000 user said that the JH13 actually matches the bass of the AT, which probably floored me more than anything else that has been said about these phones to this point. That user also put their money where there mouth is by selling their L3000. That's a very very cruel tease for me. The L3000 has the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone.

Hey, it's no tease, it's all very real for me. I wouldn't have sold my L3000 if I wasn't 100% sure I preferred the JH13.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:47 AM Post #2,714 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolardito /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Then I had an experience i would not recomend to anyone: I listened to the remastered Can's Tago Mago, the Aumng song. That is a truly neurotic song, 17 minutes of pure paranoia, noise, insane tribal drumming, dogs barking, etc. However it does sounds similar to the Ultrasone binaural tracks, with sounds popping from everywhere and the screams and voices overshadowing my mind. Man I didn't know what the JH13 were truly capable until yesterdayr. I had never been able to listen to the entire song but yesterday I managed to get through all of it with my jaw dropped in a mix of awe and fear.

Thinking for tonight in Suicide's Franky Teardrop. Maybe I won't be able to sleep.

Haha, Can's Tago Mago is one of my all time favorites.
Can't wait to hear that crazy Krautrock with my newly ordererd JH13! :)

Aug 1, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #2,715 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by ab_ba /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am debating what (if any) artwork to get for my JH-13's. I haven't seen (m)any pictures in this thread (except for HPA's, which look awesome), and I can't find a JH 13 pics thread.

Would people mind directing me to a thread, or providing links to their pics, or just posting some pictures here? Or, if you've just got a good idea for artwork, please share it! If I can think of something interesting, I'll make use of Adam's skills. Otherwise, it'll just be clear. Can you see all the drivers if you get them clear??

Some ideas here

Ear Art Gallery - Community - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Would be good if someone could start a (JH-13) pictures only thread, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back