JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 16, 2009 at 6:51 AM Post #1,862 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion
If the ES3X are just 10% better than the W3s (like I have heard from a lot of people here), I am really skeptical that they can compete with the JH13s. Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
eehhh no! they are much better then the W3's.

Agreed - the ES3X are well ahead of the W3's.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #1,863 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My inital reactions to the JH13's were that it was too much bass. But it's probably because I'm used to the most bass light of full sized headphones.

Hah, being that I am coming from the L3000, at first the JH13 sounded slightly lacking in the upper bass. Then I played an Infected Mushroom track, and now the L3000 sounds lacking in the lowest bass!

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #1,864 of 10,743
Quote:

Going back to the ES3X, the mid range and lower treble seem quite recessed in general. My inital reactions to the JH13's were that it was too much bass. But it's probably because I'm used to the most bass light of full sized headphones.

As I'm getting used to them, I really can't go back to my other headphones. The only other headphones I'd like would be a universal fit version of the JH13's. So I can give a taste to anyone I meet of what the JH13's sound like.

Did I mention the how awesome the JH13's are with the Smyth Research SVS Realiser?
biggrin.gif

Confused - are you saying when compared to the ES3X that the JH13Pro mids and treble seem recessed? Because there is no way the mids and treble of the ES3X are recessed, unless something went wrong with either yours or mine. I think the JH13Pro bass levels fall between my ES3X and UE11Pro, but I wouldn't say it is too much (nor do I feel the ES3X is too little).

Jul 16, 2009 at 7:51 AM Post #1,865 of 10,743
Quote:

JH13's are definitely my favorite of ALL my cans right now.
smily_headphones1.gif

triportsad.gif

I can't believe I just bought IEM which I thought will D-best, but just after a week or so came up another IEM which is considered now as the "King" of all headphones [Not sure about that, but sure about "The King" of IEMs].

It doesn't feel good/fair
frown.gif
. And now I don't even have my ES3X to listen with [which means I have nothing to listen with ATM....] because they are in Westone's lab....

My parents will kill me if I will say that I am about buying another pair. Even if I will wait a year. They thought that this pair will last for 5 years or so.

I must work and save money for this! I am already on the half of the way!

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:13 AM Post #1,866 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
triportsad.gif

I can't believe I just bought IEM which I thought will D-best, but just after a week or so came up another IEM which is considered now as the "King" of all headphones [Not sure about that, but sure about "The King" of IEMs].

It doesn't feel good/fair
frown.gif
. And now I don't even have my ES3X to listen with [which means I have nothing to listen with ATM....] because they are in Westone's lab....

My parents will kill me if I will say that I am about buying another pair. Even if I will wait a year. They thought that this pair will last for 5 years or so.

I must work and save money for this! I am already on the half of the way!

Pila, I hate to say it, but anyone who observed your process of deciding to purchase the ES3X would have seen this coming a mile away.

I don't say it to be critical, but rather to suggest that there will always be a new "King" on the horizon. Try to be happy for at least a while with your ES3X. By all accounts it's an exceptional IEM.

It really seems that you're caught in the trap of obsessing over the differences between products. Consider unplugging from head-fi for a few weeks.

Jul 16, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #1,867 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pila, I hate to say it, but anyone who observed your process of deciding to purchase the ES3X would have seen this coming a mile away.

I don't say it to be critical, but rather to suggest that there will always be a new "King" on the horizon. Try to be happy for at least a while with your ES3X. By all accounts it's an exceptional IEM.

It really seems that you're caught in the trap of obsessing over the differences between products. Consider unplugging from head-fi for a few weeks.

Sorry Pila but I agree with Roy. You need to learn to be happy with what you have. The JH13 may be better but not by much, and even that is subjective, with only a few headfiers who have both, and even then, it is their opinion not yours.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #1,868 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Excellent post, Roy.

I'm sure the JH13 is a fantastic IEM, and possibly the new 'King' of IEM's, possible better than ES3X - after all they're also $250 more expensive and have double the number of drivers, so it's very likely they ARE better. I'm sure, too,that my ES3X are excellent IEM's, and I doubt the differences are THAT drastic.

As Roy said, it's inevitable that a new 'best IEM' will come our way sooner or later, and one has to try to be happy/ satisfied with what one already has. VERY few people round here can afford to get all the latest IEM's/ full-sized headphones. This can get quite addictive - in the real sense of the word - and just the wrong place to be as some people may be spending money they really should NOT be spending, specially young(er) members, and some not so young, perhaps with a spouse & children.

$850 for the ES3X + impressions + extras IS already a luxury. Keeping up with the Joneses, and trying to fit in and be around the BIG boys is not a great place to be in.

I'm not saying this ALL applies to you, Pila, but some of these thoughts should be good food for thought.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #1,869 of 10,743
... I was expecting the "13" to cost something like 1300-1500$. They are just 1099$, which makes them extremely competitive against UE top offerings.
I must resist to my commitment to not buy any custom IEMs, but it's hard to sail among universals when finally a supposedly perfect Custom IEM has come out.

I wish there was a European dealer that made JH-13. Maybe in future?

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #1,870 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... I was expecting the "13" to cost something like 1300-1500$. They are just 1099$, which makes them extremely competitive against UE top offerings.
I must resist to my commitment to not buy any custom IEMs, but it's hard to sail among universals when finally a supposedly perfect Custom IEM has come out.

I wish there was a European dealer that made JH-13. Maybe in future?

Wasn't the ES3X supposed to be the 'perfect' IEM only recently? Did you ever consider getting that? And if not, why not?

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:50 AM Post #1,871 of 10,743
No. I didn't even consider getting that. Suboptimal treble, from what I gathered. If I ever get a custom IEM it has to be something that "stays" and does all right. It's not price alone to hold me behind, but rather the overseas shipment, customs+taxes, involved risks and especially the possibility of needing refits an indefinite number of times.

Westone has an European reseller, but I am not interested in their custom products.

Jul 16, 2009 at 9:52 AM Post #1,872 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't the ES3X supposed to be the 'perfect' IEM only recently? Did you ever consider getting that? And if not, why not?

I'm pretty sure no IEM is and will ever be perfect unless it has flat line from 20hz to 20,000hz with nothing more than a .2db increase or drop in volume.

Jul 16, 2009 at 10:15 AM Post #1,873 of 10,743
Quote:

No. I didn't even consider getting that. Suboptimal treble, from what I gathered. If I ever get a custom IEM it has to be something that "stays" and does all right. It's not price alone to hold me behind, but rather the overseas shipment, customs+taxes, involved risks and especially the possibility of needing refits an indefinite number of times.

Westone has an European reseller, but I am not interested in their custom products.

Yes, it's Variphone in Belgium, and the price for the ES3X is around €1000 or more, which is over $1400 USD at least, excluding ear impressions + any (possible) extras.

BTW, I find the ES3X treble quite optimal but, of course, that's only my opinion.

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #1,874 of 10,743
Quote:

JH Audio has a german reseller
wink.gif
JHAUDIO JH13 PRO Referenz Inear Ohrhörer Maßgefertigt - Artikeldetailansicht - ::: mp4audio.de ::: Ihr Partner für Elektronik

Anyway, I'll be getting these maybe next week: http://www.compact-monitors.de/cms/s...ie/stage3.html

They cost a little bit less and will sound a bit more neutral than the JH13. Some people at the german hifi-forum compared many of the custom inears in a meeting and they said the JH13 may technically be the best at the moment but five out of six people preferred the Stage 3 as far as I know. UE11, Stage 3, JH13 play all in the same league. It's just a matter of what kind of sound signature you like. The ESX3 is supposed to be technically a little bit lacking compared to the other high end inears.

I compared my UM3x with the demos of the Stage 2 and 3 and they are really quite far off...

Jul 16, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #1,875 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes.

Quote:

If I had to pick only one (and actually just might), the JH13 would be it.

From Classical music to Electronic to Rock to even Video Games and Movies. It is the best I've heard thus far.

It is even a perfect match for my Smyth Research SVS Realiser system.

this is monstrosity...
very_evil_smiley.gif

you guys made me cry, because i am still a poor man. but well i will work hard and save for it.
triportsad.gif

two thumbs up for jerry making a miracle for iems(customs) !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back