JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 16, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #1,848 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you consider JH13 a all round genre custom?

i hope it produces fast and also slow,smooth sound depending on music.

Yes.

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,849 of 10,743
Anyone have "Big Picture" Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra?

Listen to track 4 - Batman Forever - Gotham City Boogie.
(horrible movie, but great music)

Listen closely to the percussions, particularly the clackity click clack of the drum sticks in the background. Oh, and the Timpani drums are ridonculous.

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:17 AM Post #1,850 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the ES3X are just 10% better than the W3s (like I have heard from a lot of people here), I am really skeptical that they can compete with the JH13s.

eehhh no! they are much better then the W3's.

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #1,851 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
would you consider JH13 a all round genre custom?

i hope it produces fast and also slow,smooth sound depending on music.

If I had to pick only one (and actually just might), the JH13 would be it.

From Classical music to Electronic to Rock to even Video Games and Movies. It is the best I've heard thus far.

It is even a perfect match for my Smyth Research SVS Realiser system.

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:49 AM Post #1,852 of 10,743
I think the all-around appeal/usefulness of the JH13 is driven by the fact that they are incredibly transparent; or to put it another way, they are neutral and faithful to the signal you feed them. I've listened to quite a few products in the past touted as sounding neutral, but inevitably they either sounded dull or bright. Never before have I heard something as close to neutral as the JH13.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #1,853 of 10,743
Do the JH13 have more bass than the UE10? From reviews I have read, UE10 is very nicely done in the bass department. I am a fan of the bass from Ety's - they could use a touch of warmth, but not much.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #1,854 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by M3NTAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do the JH13 have more bass than the UE10? From reviews I have read, UE10 is very nicely done in the bass department. I am a fan of the bass from Ety's - they could use a touch of warmth, but not much.

If you're a fan of Ety bass... you've yet to hear real bass. Sorry, just throwing that out there. I feel boldly confident that the vast majority of headphones mentioned in this thread would possess more bass quantity, quality, and impact than any Ety product.

As for the UE10... Consensus in my view was that the UE10 was more lean on the bass than the UE11, and the JH13 seems to be akin to the UE11 with a bit more tightness in the low end.

Let the hypotheticals begin... Oh, wait, they've been going on for years...

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:22 AM Post #1,855 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by zb0430 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're a fan of Ety bass... you've yet to hear real bass. Sorry, just throwing that out there. I feel boldly confident that the vast majority of headphones mentioned in this thread would possess more bass quantity, quality, and impact than any Ety product.

Agreed. My Ety experiences have been that Ety bass = no bass.

Of course there are quite a few people out there that swear by Etys like nothing else
eek.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #1,856 of 10,743
Ety 4 has weak but deep bass. Definitely deeper than SE530 and Westone 3 which I also own. It is just that the quantity is not big enough for one to appreciate how deep it actually is. I agree the Ety bass = no bass statement only to the extent of ER6i.

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #1,857 of 10,743
Going back to the ES3X, the mid range and lower treble seem quite recessed in general. My inital reactions to the JH13's were that it was too much bass. But it's probably because I'm used to the most bass light of full sized headphones.

As I'm getting used to them, I really can't go back to my other headphones. The only other headphones I'd like would be a universal fit version of the JH13's. So I can give a taste to anyone I meet of what the JH13's sound like.

Did I mention the how awesome the JH13's are with the Smyth Research SVS Realiser?
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #1,858 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Almost forgot to post this pic here:

Edwood_JH13_01.jpg

smily_headphones1.gif

BTW, not only are the JH13's incredible for straight headphone listening music, they are an incredible match for the Smyth Research SVS Realiser.

Absolutely beautiful. What color did you request for it to turn out that way? I might have to change my order!

Jul 16, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #1,860 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ety 4 has weak but deep bass. Definitely deeper than SE530 and Westone 3 which I also own. It is just that the quantity is not big enough for one to appreciate how deep it actually is. I agree the Ety bass = no bass statement only to the extent of ER6i.

According to this HeadRoom graph the Shure SE530's both have a louder and less rolled off bass response than the Etymotic ER4P. My Westone 3 doesn't go deeper than my Shure SE530's it just the bass is much louder giving me the impression of a deeper bass. I get the same effect when I boost the bass response volume of my Shure SE530's.
etyvsshure.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back