JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Mar 6, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #10,006 of 10,743
I'm not sure what the wait is now but when I got mine it was 4-5 weeks and around 10 days or so for each refit so it isn't exactly fast. I went through a good audiologist and 2 refits so having bad impressions definitely won't help.

Thanks rawrster for sharing your experience. My first delivery was at almost exactly 4 weeks from the date that JHA received my impressions. After quickly realizing the bad fit, I got a 2nd set of good impressions and sent everything back. It's been now over 2 weeks since JHA received my returned JH-13s and new (and redundant) impressions. At least your experience and timeline gives me some context (in the absence of updates from JHA). I just hope that *something* is happening on their end.

[And, I know this is confusing — There are two story lines going on right now in this thread: (1) "Bananaheadlin" who sent in bad impressions (in his/her words, they "aren't the greatest") and was asking about whether to pay the rush fee, and (2) mine (a.k.a., "fathom") with good impressions but nevertheless received a disappointing resulting set of CIEMS and am recommending future customers to pay the rush fee simply to be treated as an "important" customer (while I am being led to feel that I am not that by JHA). ]

I guess that given that my re-fit is still in the general duration of yours, I'll hang tight a bit longer before starting to panic. I appreciate you taking the time to post your refit experience.

Mar 6, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #10,007 of 10,743
I have read somewhere before that outside of the initial refit window, JHA would do refitting for $50.

This is true. I can't vouch for the exact cost (but I think that it is probably correct or around there), but I have recently seen JHA post on Twitter or Facebook about this this option to someone who asked about a years-old refit due to aging and changing ears. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #10,008 of 10,743

Actually i don't really mind waiting for them. But i think that a key point that im considering the $100 rush processing is noting that it might improve the quality of my CIEMs, as fathom has mentioned above. Contemplating if they do indeed treat rush processing with a higher notch of workmanship.. 
rolleyes.gif

That's my wonder. Basically, I wonder if they give they give extra attention to those that pay the rush fee. Or, if maybe they have their more experienced craftsmen work on those.

It would be interesting to take a poll of those who did and didn't pay the rush fee to see if there were more poor fits and bubbles throughout the acrylic, on average, for either group (rush vs. standard). I don't doubt that mine could have just been a fluke, though. 

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #10,009 of 10,743
I had a pretty good experience with JH audio (JH-13). 

I ordered during the thanksgiving sale. With the holidays, the projected shipping date was mid-January. However, my first two impressions were no good (this is despite going to the audiologist they recommended on their website). I finally was able to get an acceptable impressions to JH audio in the second week of January. 

They were nice enough to do rush processing on mine (I did not request it). My headphones were shipped one week after they received the third set of impressions. Thus even with the bad set of impressions, my headphones were in my hands just a week later than their first projected date of mid-January.

Unfortunately there was a fit problem in the right ear. I sent them back in and the repairs were done in a week and overnighted back to me (entire process took one and a half week). So far the fit seems perfect!

Mar 6, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #10,010 of 10,743
I ordered the JH13Pro through ACustoms (a JH Audio dealer here in Melbourne, Australia) about 2 months ago and I'm unsure if my order is even close to being completed. I've been trying to get an ETA for about 2 weeks now from both ACustoms and JH Audio, but they don't seem to care or respond to my emails. Overall, my experience with both ACustoms and JH Audio has been a real eye opener.

Edit: Just got off the phone with ACustoms, and I take back what I wrote above regarding ACustoms. They have actually been working hard to get an ETA from JH Audio, and were able to obtain an ETA of another 2 weeks. If so, I would have waited a total of 10 weeks for my JH13. But I'm certainly not holding my breath. Thanks JH Audio for the awesome service and the highly elastic waiting period!
rolleyes.gif

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #10,011 of 10,743
  Thanks rawrster for sharing your experience. My first delivery was at almost exactly 4 weeks from the date that JHA received my impressions. After quickly realizing the bad fit, I got a 2nd set of good impressions and sent everything back. It's been now over 2 weeks since JHA received my returned JH-13s and new (and redundant) impressions. At least your experience and timeline gives me some context (in the absence of updates from JHA). I just hope that *something* is happening on their end.

[And, I know this is confusing — There are two story lines going on right now in this thread: (1) "Bananaheadlin" who sent in bad impressions (in his/her words, they "aren't the greatest") and was asking about whether to pay the rush fee, and (2) mine (a.k.a., "fathom") with good impressions but nevertheless received a disappointing resulting set of CIEMS and am recommending future customers to pay the rush fee simply to be treated as an "important" customer (while I am being led to feel that I am not that by JHA). ]

I guess that given that my re-fit is still in the general duration of yours, I'll hang tight a bit longer before starting to panic. I appreciate you taking the time to post your refit experience.

I will say that communication is not a strong suit. They didn't tell me if they received my JH13 when I sent them back for a refit but they do send you a tracking email when they ship it out and they had it sent overnight the first time so it came the next day. They might have done the same the second time but I can't remember. I did call them the first time just to be sure but hopefully it works out in the end for you. Also this is before the black friday sale and before the Roxanne was announced so their work load is probably larger than when I had my order.

Mar 7, 2014 at 3:40 AM Post #10,015 of 10,743

Edit: Just got off the phone with ACustoms, and I take back what I wrote above regarding ACustoms. They have actually been working hard to get an ETA from JH Audio, and were able to obtain an ETA of another 2 weeks. If so, I would have waited a total of 10 weeks for my JH13. But I'm certainly not holding my breath. Thanks JH Audio for the awesome service and the highly elastic waiting period!
rolleyes.gif

I sincerely hope that yours is an isolated case caused by the Roxanne fiasco, still if I were you I'd be pretty mad for getting the short end of the stick for something that is not even related at the first place.

Spoke with Angie yesterday she said my jh16 should be getting shipped out next week. So I got that going for me which is nice.

Certainly it is. Please do report about the fit once you've got them.

Mar 7, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #10,016 of 10,743
  I sincerely hope that yours is an isolated case caused by the Roxanne fiasco, still if I were you I'd be pretty mad for getting the short end of the stick for something that is not even related at the first place.

Thanks for the moral support. I'm kind of beyond mad at this point. All I can do is LOL and continue waiting. But I think mine is an isolated case. It seems others who ordered at the same time as me have already received theirs. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:56 AM Post #10,017 of 10,743
Has 10 weeks now become a ridiculously long time for customs? It's about the same amount of time I waited last year during the Black Friday period and thought it normal, considering the circumstances. Never contacted them after I shipped the impressions. Until they catch up, it's a queue. You could ask jh when they received your impressions. May be some lag there as well.

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #10,018 of 10,743
  Has 10 weeks now become a ridiculously long time for customs? It's about the same amount of time I waited last year during the Black Friday period and thought it normal, considering the circumstances. Never contacted them after I shipped the impressions. Until they catch up, it's a queue. You could ask jh when they received your impressions. May be some lag there as well.

Well I could understand why you'd wait for 10 weeks if you ordered during the Black Friday period. But don't you think it's a tad bit unfair for the folks who paid the full price yet got caught in the aftermath of Black Friday/Roxanne or whatever it is? 

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:02 PM Post #10,019 of 10,743
Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. Been a busy week. The reason I said my impressions weren't the greatest was because there were some creases on it and the tip leading to the ear canal was not a plateau but had an angled slope. Also, I don't have a lot of experiences on what a good impression should look like, and after seeing the creases I thought they were too good. I considered getting new impressions, but I've been following the Roxanne threads for a while and I definitely did not want to be on the same waiting boat as them (waiting for weeks and months at times, although Angie told me a few weeks ago the wait-time for non-Roxanne models were 3-4 weeks). I figured refits might be worth more than waiting.. Hopefully I didn't make the wrong choice! 
frown.gif

Here are my impressions: 

Note: I haven't received my monitors so I can't say anything about the fit yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back