JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
May 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #9,136 of 10,743
Quote:
Trust isn't qualified. You disagree.with Tyll and that's fine. I may disagree with his overall rankings as well but still trust him and resect his opinion.

Hey goodvibes. Maybe I should retrieve all the things I said about JH vocals...
I tried my JH16 FP with hifiman 901 today, eventually. The vocal, jesus, it's everything I've dreamed of, better than W4R on 901 even...
Maybe a right DAP is all I needed lol
DX100 is a tad thin on vocals originally I guess.

May 15, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #9,137 of 10,743
For those, like me, who have the original JH13s, and really like them, you can rest assured, in one or two years, there'll be a JH13 freq phase II which will 'sound' even better than the current new one, which some say (I haven't heard the freq phase) sounds better than the original JH13 pros.  In other words, those who have the originals and always liked them shouldn't feel the need to get on the merry-go-round and go for the freq phase, because once you're on that it, it's almost impossible to get off.  Same with computers, smart phones, cars, cameras, etc.  You can only have the latest and greatest until the next one comes along.  Moral:  enjoy them at meets, but no need to buy 'em if you like what you've got, curiosity notwithstanding .....

May 16, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #9,138 of 10,743
^^Agree. I use my jh13 when Im commuting,traveling or moving in the house. I fail to see why I would need 10-20% improvement with jh13 freq if I only use the jh13 for portable. I never use jh13 now whenever it is beside hd800.

May 16, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #9,139 of 10,743
Quote:
For those, like me, who have the original JH13s, and really like them, you can rest assured, in one or two years, there'll be a JH13 freq phase II which will 'sound' even better than the current new one, which some say (I haven't heard the freq phase) sounds better than the original JH13 pros.  In other words, those who have the originals and always liked them shouldn't feel the need to get on the merry-go-round and go for the freq phase, because once you're on that it, it's almost impossible to get off.  Same with computers, smart phones, cars, cameras, etc.  You can only have the latest and greatest until the next one comes along.  Moral:  enjoy them at meets, but no need to buy 'em if you like what you've got, curiosity notwithstanding .....

I agree - no need to feel like you MUST upgrade as the original JH13 are excellent.
However, if are curious about (and can justify) the upgrade...they are definitely worth it for the extra refinement.

May 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #9,140 of 10,743
Quote:
^^Agree. I use my jh13 when Im commuting,traveling or moving in the house. I fail to see why I would need 10-20% improvement with jh13 freq if I only use the jh13 for portable. I never use jh13 now whenever it is beside hd800.

Personally, I prefer my originals to the HD 800 out of any setup I've heard the latter in (including SPL and EC amplification).

I've owned them for almost 4 years now and I couldn't be happier. The only people I imagine who'd have buyer's remorse would be those that purchased and had their JH13/16s shipped shortly before the FP introduction.

May 29, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #9,145 of 10,743
Hello guys, I'm new to this thread as I recently ordered a pair of JH13 Pro during the 15% discount sale period last weekend. This is my very first (and hopefully the last) purchase of custom IEM's, and the reason I chose the JH13 Pro is because I've read so many positive reviews about it, people unanimously claiming it to be the best CIEM available in the market today especially with its latest implementation of the so-called Freqphase technology. I'll still have to wait several weeks, but I'd like to hear what you guys, especially those who own the Freqphase version, think of the JH13 Pro's sound quality and signature compared to other CIEM's in its price range. I am very excited as this will also be my first portable hi-fi setup, along with my RWAK100 and Moon Audio's Silver Dragon IEM cable.

May 29, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #9,146 of 10,743
I don't understand why it's so important to compare the JH13s to other CIEMs when they compete with some of the very best full-size headphones.. 
tongue_smile.gif

May 29, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #9,147 of 10,743
Quote:
I don't understand why it's so important to compare the JH13s to other CIEMs when they compete with some of the very best full-size headphones.. 
tongue_smile.gif

Really? Even such as the likes of TH900, LCD-3 or HD800?

May 29, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #9,148 of 10,743
Quote:
Really? Even such as the likes of TH900, LCD-3 or HD800?

Haven't heard the LCD-3, but versus the TH-900 and HD 800 I absolutely think so.

I only have the old version but I regard their only relative weakness to be the size of the staging (you can only go so big with a CIEM). At the same time, I find the size of the stage to be somewhat larger than even some full-size headphones like my W3000ANVs. Nonetheless save for spaciousness, I find them superlative in all other regards.

May 29, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #9,149 of 10,743
Quote:
Haven't heard the LCD-3, but versus the TH-900 and HD 800 I absolutely think so.

I only have the old version but I regard their only relative weakness to be the size of the staging (you can only go so big with a CIEM). At the same time, I find the size of the stage to be somewhat larger than even some full-size headphones like my W3000ANVs. Nonetheless save for spaciousness, I find them superlative in all other regards.

Yes, I honestly don't expect even the best CIEM to rival the best full-sized headphones in terms of soundstage. However, if the JH13 Pro (even the one without Freqphase) outperforms them in most other areas, I can't imagine how good it's going to sound. I think it sounds a bit too good to be true, surely there must be a catch?

May 29, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #9,150 of 10,743
Quote:
Hey goodvibes. Maybe I should retrieve all the things I said about JH vocals...
I tried my JH16 FP with hifiman 901 today, eventually. The vocal, jesus, it's everything I've dreamed of, better than W4R on 901 even...
Maybe a right DAP is all I needed lol
DX100 is a tad thin on vocals originally I guess.

You know I prefer the 13s but honestly, I think they're better than my sources and the cables that I've tried. I'm thinking of building my own cable by pulling out the conductors of a 4 core copper mic cable that I like. I've been rather disappointed with most of the aftermarket cables. All different but less balanced than stock. Some brighter, some warmer or forward or dark.

Haven't heard the DX100 but I understand certain FWs might be better suited. I also heard a 901 briefly and was very impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back