JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Apr 4, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #7,921 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We cannot conclude that everyone is happy with their JH13 because no one posted negative things about it. It could be just that people are afraid to say negative things about a product that is reviewed and rated very good by long-term and respected members. Or it could be just that these people usually don't post anything at all. I bet many JH13 owners do not participate in discussion like some of the members do here.

Let's hope that's not the case
biggrin.gif
I don't own one by the way.

However, is it safe to say that JH13 suits everybody music preference? I have yet to see somebody saying JH13 is not for his/her taste (I never really follow this whole thread from the beginning
redface.gif
). Just for an example, I have a pair of IE8 and though I love them there are many others complaining them.

Apr 4, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #7,922 of 10,743
Oh, I didn't know you tried the demo pair. Then you would know.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:01 AM Post #7,923 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by KLS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
However, is it safe to say that JH13 suits everybody music preference? I have yet to see somebody saying JH13 is not for his/her taste (I never really follow this whole thread from the beginning
redface.gif
). Just for an example, I have a pair of IE8 and though I love them there are many others complaining them.

I'd say so. From my short listening session, going through my playlists which range from Power Metal, Melodeath, Thrash Metal, Psy Trance, Progressive, New Age to K-Pop, they excelled beyond everything I have ever auditioned on all those genres.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:05 AM Post #7,924 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had mine since last July, and remain as thrilled as I was when I first got them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Me 2!

boomana & immtbiker: one of the reasons why i've been entertaining the idea of getting the jh13 despite the steep price is you people! i know post count means jack but when more high profile and respected head-fi'ers likes yourselves (and jude, edwood etc.) show this much enthusiasm about a piece of gear, then i know that it's something worth exploring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hifidk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We cannot conclude that everyone is happy with their JH13 because no one posted negative things about it. It could be just that people are afraid to say negative things about a product that is reviewed and rated very good by long-term and respected members. Or it could be just that these people usually don't post anything at all. I bet many JH13 owners do not participate in discussion like some of the members do here.

hifidk: you might be true in saying that bro, but i reckon that if someone spent more than a grand on some IEMs and found them dismal they'd be very vocal about it no? then again with a place like head-fi groupthink can sometimes be a problem (case in point: FOTM threads). so far the only posts that i've seen, that express dissatisfaction with the JH13 are ones that complain about a lack of bass. possibly due to either fit issues or the owners coming from super bassy setups so commonly found in most mainstream consumer audio products. and there was the impressions thread by project86 where he said he found the jh13 good but not worth the hype (is that the one you're referring to?). he was saying that the livewire trips come close enough to the jh13. personally i tried a friend's LW duals, they kinda fit in my ear and i was quite amazed by the sound as well. the only reason that i've had issues with going with a pair of LW trips is the crazy long waiting times and the fact that even after i get them i'd still want a pair of jh13s.

right now there's someone selling a pair of LW trips for 150 bucks on my local forums and with reshelling costs at UM it should come up to about 300 bucks. its tempting but well we'll see...
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 4, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #7,925 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it safe to say then, that there is simply no one unhappy with their pair of JHs? During my short time here, I fail to recall reading any negative reviews/opinions on the JH13s, and I actually wonder if they exist.

Friends of mine dont like them so much, he want from iems more ,,magical mids". But he also have some problems with fit, but he dont want to do anything with it.

Also there were some jh13 remolded by fischer and unique melody, so somebody must sell them.

About Project86 and his opinion on Livewire triples and Jh13, I take it with little scepticism, because all customs he compared with triples isnt made for his ear. He can think that he have quite good fit with them, but how we can know if he really hear maximum of jh13 capabilities?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Apr 4, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #7,926 of 10,743
so i know this happens to all of us all the time, we put our jh-13's in for the first time for the day and get blown away by what we hear. But today i got mine back from jh audio after they sealed over the signatures from circa survive. Well anyways, the first thing i put on was the song "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode, and all ive got to say, is that that is one of the most amazing sounding recordings that i have yet to hear on these things. It just sounds so open and precise. The whole cd sounds fantastic, Violator.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:21 PM Post #7,927 of 10,743
I saw the facebook pics ^^ nice going Soup
smily_headphones1.gif
glad you got them back ok.
And to add my opinion too - I don't feel the need for any more earphones for the sake of it with my JH13's, they sound just amazing and yes after not listening to them for a couple of days and putting them back in, every time they just get me as to how stunning they are

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #7,928 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it safe to say then, that there is simply no one unhappy with their pair of JHs? During my short time here, I fail to recall reading any negative reviews/opinions on the JH13s, and I actually wonder if they exist.

I am unhappy ! haven't managed to get that seal right.

Unfortunately my unhappiness is as real as it could be since I do know how good they sound: all I have to do is simply pull down on the wire and ... magic I get back missing lows and stuff...

Anyhow, I am getting new impressions and we'll take it from there. I am determined to get it right.

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #7,929 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by giovanni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am unhappy ! haven't managed to get that seal right.

Unfortunately my unhappiness is as real as it could be since I do know how good they sound: all I have to do is simply pull down on the wire and ... magic I get back missing lows and stuff...

Anyhow, I am getting new impressions and we'll take it from there. I am determined to get it right.

How many refits have you had if any so far?....

Only ask as some have taken 3-4 refits in some cases if you troll back through this forum and it seems it is par the course with customs, but also may be reflection on some of the audiologist quality of the impressions taken to start with imho.

JHA will get it right for you in the end going by testimony's of other JH13 owners who have had refit's.

Apr 6, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #7,930 of 10,743
I was lucky. I sent them a pair of UE-10's that fit perfectly that I had impressions made free at the 2006 National. JHA used a machine that match the impressions exactly.
The JH-13's are an exact match and I have not have had any fit issues.

Apr 7, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #7,931 of 10,743
So far I have sent them back once to JH for a refit; they seemed to know what was the problem. And they did but only in part. I still miss lower frequencies. So they suggested I get new impressions. And that is where I am now. I am going tomorrow to one of their recommended audiologist here in manhattan. Lets hope for the best !

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #7,932 of 10,743
I had a dream last night that I was getting p****d off with my JH13's because the right earpiece didn't fit properly and I was like must send them back then I remembered damn its gone 30 days. Then I woke up...phew

Apr 7, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #7,933 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a dream last night that I was getting p****d off with my JH13's because the right earpiece didn't fit properly and I was like must send them back then I remembered damn its gone 30 days. Then I woke up...phew

that wasnt a dream timmy...that was a nightmare

Apr 7, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #7,934 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that wasnt a dream timmy...that was a nightmare

lol.

You know..I've been thinking guys. I've always thought my JH13's sounded rather...'jaded' coming from my X1050, I don't know why - the soundstage just feels collapsed, the music feels flat and the detail doesn't come through for me - well it does but only if I really think about it..its hard to explain.
When I demo'd them I was using my fuze and I was struck hard by all the things above. Well I gave away my fuze before my JH13's came.
today I plugged them into my onboard sound on my work computer for the first time and tbh it was a different IEM, 3D sound, detail was striking and the bass was extremely impactful - exactly how I remember the Fuze+JH13's to sound.
Plugging them into my SSMH gives the same kinda effect, a little bit on the warmer tubey side but still. Amping with my mini3 helps with the Sony but to me it just doesn't sound right....
Call me crazy but I'm seriously considering selling my X in the fs section and getting a Clip+ and a 16GB card instead - I'm going to listen to a work collegues Clip+ tomorrow to finally decide though...

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #7,935 of 10,743
Quote:

Originally Posted by timmyGCSE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol.

You know..I've been thinking guys. I've always thought my JH13's sounded rather...'jaded' coming from my X1050, I don't know why - the soundstage just feels collapsed, the music feels flat and the detail doesn't come through for me - well it does but only if I really think about it..its hard to explain.
When I demo'd them I was using my fuze and I was struck hard by all the things above. Well I gave away my fuze before my JH13's came.
today I plugged them into my onboard sound on my work computer for the first time and tbh it was a different IEM, 3D sound, detail was striking and the bass was extremely impactful - exactly how I remember the Fuze+JH13's to sound.
Plugging them into my SSMH gives the same kinda effect, a little bit on the warmer tubey side but still. Amping with my mini3 helps with the Sony but to me it just doesn't sound right....
Call me crazy but I'm seriously considering selling my X in the fs section and getting a Clip+ and a 16GB card instead - I'm going to listen to a work collegues Clip+ tomorrow to finally decide though...

I say go for it, if you think the X sounds flat and constricted get rid of it
smily_headphones1.gif
specially if the alternative is a clip+ which is a very reasonably priced player. it saddens me when i have to use mine out of my ipod with my protector at work, because they sound so much better with my dac19 through the protector at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back