JH Audio JH-13 PRO impressions thread
Jul 24, 2009 at 4:18 AM Post #2,371 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too... much... pressure...
eek.gif

It better be perfect and exactly what we all expect without a shred of bias... other than that, it should be pretty easy - what pressure?
tongue.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #2,372 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too... much... pressure...
eek.gif

Perhaps I wasn't so wrong when I said (I think it was on the ES3X thread) that half the head-fi community was waiting for your review. And that's not counting all the hundreds of thousands (or is it millions?) of lurkers out there.

Larry, can I be the first to get your autograph? :)

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:03 AM Post #2,373 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by tigon_ridge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I predict that your favorite is the JH13, and second favorite is ES3X.

I agree with that. Oh, and with your preceding post, too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It better be perfect and exactly what we all expect without a shred of bias...

... and we want it NOW.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #2,375 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am so happy that I'm sitting around listening to the best IEM's on earth, not sitting around waiting for a review of them
tongue.gif

Just playin'.
biggrin.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:50 AM Post #2,376 of 10,753
Quote:

Just playin'.
biggrin.gif

Ah ah, that was funny. Can I get your home address so I can come and give you a friendly pat on the back?
mad.gif

Oh, and since you have both: can the Sansa Clip properly power the JH13? Is it loud enough in all circumstances?

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #2,377 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah ah, that was funny. Can I get your home address so I can come and give you a friendly pat on the back?
mad.gif

Oh, and since you have both: can the Sansa Clip properly power the JH13? Is it loud enough in all circumstances?

You can have my home address, but good luck getting past the dogs!
biggrin.gif

The Clip definitely powers the JH13 loudly enough for my listening preferences. The JH13 is not as efficient as the SE530 it replaced, but still much more than most headphones. The Clip can power HD600's quite well!

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #2,378 of 10,753
Quote:

I am so happy that I'm sitting around listening to the best IEM's on earth, not sitting around waiting for a review of them
tongue.gif

Just playin'.
biggrin.gif

haha. I like how you think.
biggrin.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:22 AM Post #2,379 of 10,753
Quote:

tongue.gif

Just playin'.
biggrin.gif

I couldn't agree more!
darthsmile.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:56 PM Post #2,381 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by gilency /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's my problem. I listened to the universals , both the 10 and 13's and my mouth did not open wide in amazement. I really liked them but IMHO that is a little exaggeration.
No offense intended and I am glad you were awed.
They are great cans no doubt, probable the best IEM's although I don't think the ES3X's are that far behind, but I like more rational descriptions without the hype.

Honestly, I was just about that amazed. But that's coming from a guy who has never had custom IEM's, and has never heard ANY headphone of that calibur, so take it for what it's worth.

I'm not trying to hype, just giving my personal reaction. I would expect that the reaction of others would vary, based on their own listening preferences, and experience as an audiophile.

For me, right now, it's all about getting excited. Back to plannin' my art work, and looking for a new place to live once my wife realizes what I have done. Anyone have a room for rent, or even a sofa to crash on? (just kidding)

Jul 24, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #2,382 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by spleisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My logic went like this:

If I'm going to go 90% of the way to the peak of the IEM "Mt. Everest", I might as well go all the way. If these things last me over 5 years, it's worth an extra $300 to have the best sound I possibly can, and to avoid any bouts of "what if's", or "upgrade-itis".

This is certainly sound logic but I bet your heart made the final decision to take the plunge. Congratulations and good luck with the JH-13's. There is only one, small, teensy-weensy hole in your logic that I thought I would point out: If you think that you will not want to upgrade for five years, you are fooling yourself. Don't get me wrong, I admire your gumption, but five years in this hobby is an eternity. Good luck with your resolve and let me know where you are 5 years down the road. : )

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #2,383 of 10,753
Oh you're absolutely right. Sound logic at the end of the day or not, I'm not going to pretend the decision was made with a clear head. It almost certainly was not.

The thing is though, as long as you can swing them financially, hobby decisions really don't have to be made rationally, I guess. That's the whole point of hobbies to me. They're an escape, and one area of your life where you get to do what makes you happy.

Yeah, that's the ticket. My wife will buy that.
L3000.gif

Jul 24, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #2,385 of 10,753
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The rule very simple:

[size=x-small]"ask for forgiveness not permission"[/size]

figuring out where I've just heard that could've driven me bonkers all morning (or until i googled it anyway).

maybe we all do operate like those actors in the ads for bing - i just stared into empty space for a couple of seconds til i figured out that I watched an ep of ncis where the saying was used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back