JH Audio - Astell&Kern Diana IEM
Jan 15, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #46 of 55
Damn. I just bought these!! Looking forward to it. I have listened to them before and was sold directly. They are different enough to complement my already genius Billie Jeans. Will be my best IEM's ever :) As Headfonia already stated: Sing for the moment!

EDIT: And Damn again. Impressive! Where I was already impressed with the Billie Jeans and bought the Purples (because of the extra 2.5 cable) now I had some time to do a side-by-side comparison. Not with my brand new R2 yet (Will do later), but I am now already even more impressed with the Diana's. What a control! Nice airy and def more resolution, body and texture. The instrument placement and separation is really nice. I considered the andromeda's too (where these maybe more in line with the BJ's in signature), I like the tuning and how it gets you in the music of the Diana's the most!

Looking for Diana's? There is a killerdeal now on Amazon (de) for EU customers. Version Gun Metal.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #47 of 55
I have recently bought JH Diana for 240 USD and had a chance to listen to them for a day or so.
Long story short these are one of the worst IEMs I have ever listened to. Despite many times I disagree with Crinacle I think his "E" score for these is too high since they are worse than many 10-20 USD IEMs(something like Blons). Whoever made this and moreover decided to sell them for 700 USD should be ashamed of himself.
Luckily I've had a chance to return them.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #48 of 55
I have recently bought JH Diana for 240 USD and had a chance to listen to them for a day or so.
Long story short these are one of the worst IEMs I have ever listened to. Despite many times I disagree with Crinacle I think his "E" score for these is too high since they are worse than many 10-20 USD IEMs(something like Blons). Whoever made this and moreover decided to sell them for 700 USD should be ashamed of himself.
Luckily I've had a chance to return them.

I get impression like this about JH IEMs all the time from people dislike mid-bass. Such sound is not appealing at all to people coming from IEMs that sacrifice mid-bass for perceived transparency, e.g. K3003 and apple earpod.

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:39 AM Post #49 of 55
I get impression like this about JH IEMs all the time from people dislike mid-bass. Such sound is not appealing at all to people coming from IEMs that sacrifice mid-bass for perceived transparency, e.g. K3003 and apple earpod.
This is not about midbass at all. For example ISN H40 are an absolute bass killer with their mid bass leaking into mids constantly and they also sound thick but they sound "right" and can be called a masterpiece compared to Diana. Diana simply sounds like a mess - congested, lower mids overshadow whole frequency spectrum, no highs, absolutely horrible tonality wise for almost any instrument and both female and male vocals. Diana can very easily be overloaded by fast and complex songs and simply starts to produce mixed up mushy noise instead of music. I like thick sound - I've had many iems and my daily iem are Sony M7 now which can't be called lacking in low mids like many harman iems but Dianas are simply horrible. Again, they tried to sell them for 700 usd and in this specific situation it is a crime territory and not an overprice one.

Mar 13, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #50 of 55
Yeah, mid-bass, lower-mid, similar thing we are talking about.
congested, lower mids overshadow whole frequency spectrum, no highs
If this is your impression of the Diana, I'm 100% sure Roxanne and Layla and the likes are straight robbery to you :D Their mid-bass are way thicker than Diana, highs are more muted, yet are 3x more expansive. Sony M7 has about the "correct" amount of mid-bass in my opinion, I wouldn't call it thick or lacking either.

The beauty of JH IEM is in the imaging. You have to learn to hear the image, body of the instruments to really appreciate these overpriced craps.

Dec 13, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #51 of 55
Bought these recently going by this thread. There were very less number or reviews of these online. Good thing was, these were available for somewhere around 250$. After having listened to them for 3-4 hours, I’m pleasantly surprised by what these offer for what they cost. Resolution, Soundstage and Vocals are damn good. They sound similar to Audeze Isine10 which is great standard for a mid fi IEM.

Mar 24, 2021 at 10:23 PM Post #52 of 55
Just picked up a set of these, loving the sound but struggling to get a great fit...
Any suggestions for tips?
I tried some Comply Ts-500 but one of them split completely after using just a few times - not sure if user error, they were too old (last of a pack probably a couple of years old), or they are not quite the right match.
Cheers

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #54 of 55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back