JH Audio - Astell&Kern Diana IEM
May 28, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #32 of 55
Today's review on Headfonia is about the Diana IEM:
https://www.headfonia.com/astell-kern-diana-review/

astell-kern-diana-13.jpg

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #35 of 55
I'm curious if anyone has tried and compared these to the Xelento's? I'm thinking of trying something from JH and this looks like quite a good entry point..

Oct 3, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #37 of 55
WTB. NA. PM if you have one available. Thx

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #38 of 55
Hi. I have the BJ since yesterday and I like it very much. my first JH IEM.
Now I wonder if Diana still offers a better resolution than BJ?
The fit of the BJ is very well built, better than almost all other brands.
Is the change from BJ to Diana worth it? The slight rise to the deep bass is sensational.
Sounds like a super fast dynamic bass, very musical. Diana is more Midbass oriented. that's what the measurements look like.
Does Diana still have good but not exaggerated subbass?
Greets Jens

Dec 22, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #39 of 55
I don't have much to compare them to, but I have picked these up along with the AK SR15. My 'comparison rig' was Tidal Hifi/ masters on a Galaxy S8 with Bose QC35 II headphones. Although I still like the sound on the S8 & Bose, I was blown away by the quality of sound. Just amazing! The Diana's on the Galaxy S8 was a definite step up in quality too! Plus it was all the sweeter as the Diana's are currently at better than half price. I was originally thinking about the Billie Jeans, but with the deal on the Diana's thought why not :)

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #40 of 55
I just picked up a pair and while the separation and imaging is not totl, the tonality and texture a quite unique. I haven't heard an iem with such fullness that doesn't have the bass drowning other frequencies. While the bass and lower mids are dominant, the upper mids and treble are well balanced and manage to cut through easily. I will definitely be keeping these for a long time.

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #41 of 55
I think its wild how no one really discusses JH iem's on this forum. This page has been up for a year and has barely 3 pages of discussion.

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #42 of 55
I think its wild how no one really discusses JH iem's on this forum. This page has been up for a year and has barely 3 pages of discussion.
Agreed, I think these IEMs are a real hidden gem. Although I have a feeling we will see some more discussion now that the price of the Diana has been reduced.

Edit: I also think it has to do with some IEM prejudice since the Diana ONLY has 3 drivers.

Last edited:
Dec 25, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #43 of 55
I just picked up a pair and while the separation and imaging is not totl, the tonality and texture a quite unique. I haven't heard an iem with such fullness that doesn't have the bass drowning other frequencies. While the bass and lower mids are dominant, the upper mids and treble are well balanced and manage to cut through easily.

These 3 sentences describe Diana better than those hifi blogs' 5 pages of review.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #44 of 55
I was close to pulling the trigger on the Diana back in the summer. I didn’t quite have the disposable cash though, so I bought the Billie Jean instead.

Jan 6, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #45 of 55
Just my humble 2 cents,

The Diana is a good sounding IEM, maybe one day when the price goes down a bit more I'll get one though I agree with @Deferenz, Billie Jean is pretty good too though not in a hurry to get that one unless it's at a really bargin price.

Hope everyone has a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back