JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~
Mar 28, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #46 of 136
guys 
is it ok to first send the ear molds, then order online? 
say i send the ear molds today and order jh 16 at their website a day after (anytime before they receive the impressions)

Mar 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #47 of 136
Quote:
guys 
is it ok to first send the ear molds, then order online? 
say i send the ear molds today and order jh 16 at their website a day after (anytime before they receive the impressions)

I didn't proceed with payment until they confirmed that ear impressions were delivered. That should be totally normal.

In my case i sent them two impressions from 2 different Audiologist just to be on the safe side ( I have a history of unexpected bad luck )

Make sure do your impressions with your mouth opened as per their requirements.

Good luck.

Apr 1, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #48 of 136
Quote:

I didn't proceed with payment until they confirmed that ear impressions were delivered. That should be totally normal.

In my case i sent them two impressions from 2 different Audiologist just to be on the safe side ( I have a history of unexpected bad luck )

Make sure do your impressions with your mouth opened as per their requirements.

Good luck.

did you get your jh 16 yet? =] 
if so hows the sound~!!??

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #49 of 136
Quote:
did you get your jh 16 yet? =] 
if so hows the sound~!!??

Not yet !! I contacted them today; looks like they processed my request on the 26th of March. I am expecting them to ship it on Friday. If my assumptions are correct, I should receive it before April 10. Worst part is that it's holiday here, time is not moving :) 

I am also waiting for my Yulong D100 Mk2. They said that they shipped it today and provided a tracking number ( Supplier in China ) but DHL online tracking is returning " not found " . I will give it another 24 hours.

The good news is that we're on +3 GMT as of yesterday ( +1 hour daytime saving )  lol...  

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #50 of 136
Quote:

Not yet !! I contacted them today; looks like they processed my request on the 26th of March. I am expecting them to ship it on Friday. If my assumptions are correct, I should receive it before April 10. Worst part is that it's holiday here, time is not moving :) 

I am also waiting for my Yulong D100 Mk2. They said that they shipped it today and provided a tracking number ( Supplier in China ) but DHL online tracking is returning " not found " . I will give it another 24 hours.

The good news is that we're on +3 GMT as of yesterday ( +1 hour daytime saving )  lol...  

aw man =[ too much waiting! i bet it feels like an eternity for you right now 

may i ask how much your ear impressions cost?
im getting mine done next monday and they told me it costs $75. i just hope it's $75 for a pair, not 75 for each side...

Apr 1, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #51 of 136
Quote:
aw man =[ too much waiting! i bet it feels like an eternity for you right now 

may i ask how much your ear impressions cost?
im getting mine done next monday and they told me it costs $75. i just hope it's $75 for a pair, not 75 for each side...

Well the first Audiologist I went to see asked for $25 on the phone. I had a discussion with him about audio equipments and stuff like that while he was making me the impressions and shortly after they were ready he refused to take money and offered them for free. Very cool indeed.

The 2nd Audiologist I went to see ( I wanted to send two impressions to be on the safe side ) asked me for $20. Well I paid ( it was a woman if you know what I mean $$ ) 

$75 for a 10 minutes work is not cheap at all in my opinion. To be honest with you both impressions looked identical. Both are very reputable hearing center in my city and the material they used is almost the same. 

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #52 of 136
I actually had a chance to demo these today. I came in with my mind set on the 16's with Freqphase but wanted to hear the other models.  I was steered towards the JH13's by the rep since I was not a bass player or drummer or using them to listen to movies. They sounded great, ok amazing.  Very transparent, clear, and natural.  The bass response was very balanced in my opinion and they did sound very transparent.  Then I went to the JH16's and man, they sounded even better but there was a significant difference in the bass response.  I loved it, but my concern is that it could be too much after a few songs.  I'll be using these live with a band at my church and also doing some other shows. If I had a monitor engineer I wouldn't hesitate to get the 16's because I know they would be able to keep the low end in check.  My concern is that since I'll be getting a board feed and won't have much control over EQ that if there were issues in the low end that it could take over my mix and make things sound muddy.  Now I'm sitting here trying to decide...for the extra $50 you get 2 additional drivers and the 16's did feel more "in your face'' than the 13's.  After reading these posts, I'm leaning toward the 16's again just because I'd rather have the additional drivers and not use them then to need additional drivers and not have them!  I'm also leaning towards the 16's because of what Jerry says in the video posted in this thread about the extra input sensitivity since I'll be primarily using these live...I'll post the video again at the end of this post. Jerry has talked me into the 16's again :)

What really surprised me was how good the JH5's sounded...blew me away that they sounded so much better than the triple driver customs I have now.  The bottom line is I don't think you cannot go wrong with either purchase.  If you're in and environment that you have control over the low end and can make adjustments if there are issues, don't hesitate to go with the 16's.  If not, the bass response on the 13's was fantastic and if I would've never listened to the 16's I would have never known it could be better. Basically, what everyone has said is true...13's more neutral...accurate...16's more low end at 50hz, more input sensitivity...both sound incredible.

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #53 of 136
Quote:
I actually had a chance to demo these today. I came in with my mind set on the 16's with Freqphase but wanted to hear the other models.  I was steered towards the JH13's by the rep since I was not a bass player or drummer or using them to listen to movies. They sounded great, ok amazing.  Very transparent, clear, and natural.  The bass response was very balanced in my opinion and they did sound very transparent.  Then I went to the JH16's and man, they sounded even better but there was a significant difference in the bass response.  I loved it, but my concern is that it could be too much after a few songs.  I'll be using these live with a band at my church and also doing some other shows. If I had a monitor engineer I wouldn't hesitate to get the 16's because I know they would be able to keep the low end in check.  My concern is that since I'll be getting a board feed and won't have much control over EQ that if there were issues in the low end that it could take over my mix and make things sound muddy.  Now I'm sitting here trying to decide...for the extra $50 you get 2 additional drivers and the 16's did feel more "in your face'' than the 13's.  After reading these posts, I'm leaning toward the 16's again just because I'd rather have the additional drivers and not use them then to need additional drivers and not have them!  I'm also leaning towards the 16's because of what Jerry says in the video posted in this thread about the extra input sensitivity since I'll be primarily using these live...I'll post the video again at the end of this post. Jerry has talked me into the 16's again :)

What really surprised me was how good the JH5's sounded...blew me away that they sounded so much better than the triple driver customs I have now.  The bottom line is I don't think you cannot go wrong with either purchase.  If you're in and environment that you have control over the low end and can make adjustments if there are issues, don't hesitate to go with the 16's.  If not, the bass response on the 13's was fantastic and if I would've never listened to the 16's I would have never known it could be better. Basically, what everyone has said is true...13's more neutral...accurate...16's more low end at 50hz, more input sensitivity...both sound incredible.

hi =] 

im also leaning toward the 16s but didnt have a chance to actually order it because im really busy at the moment
but just out of curiosity
would you say the W4R is similar to 16 than 13?

im just a little worried that the bass from 16 will distort or overpower the detail and the clarity of the sound.. 

Apr 12, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #54 of 136
Quote:
hi =] 

im also leaning toward the 16s but didnt have a chance to actually order it because im really busy at the moment

im just a little worried that the bass from 16 will distort or overpower the detail and the clarity of the sound.. 

Dont know about the W4R but the 16 doesnt overpower the detail and clarity of the music. The bass really punches and slams but doesnt bleed over the other frequencies.

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #55 of 136
Quote:
Dont know about the W4R but the 16 doesnt overpower the detail and clarity of the music. The bass really punches and slams but doesnt bleed over the other frequencies.

hm thats good to hear 
im more of a neutral sound (but still fun sounding) signature with tight punchy bass
hope the 16 is what im looking for

Apr 12, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #56 of 136
Quote:
hm thats good to hear 
im more of a neutral sound (but still fun sounding) signature with tight punchy bass
hope the 16 is what im looking for

I think you'll like the 16 in that case.

Apr 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #57 of 136
Quote:
hi =] 

Hi to you as well.  

I do not have personal experience with the W4R's but I've owned a few pair of Westones. I honestly can say both the JH13 and 16's were not similar to any IEM I've heard.  They were that much better.  If you look at drivers, the W4's would be closer to the JH13's.  

I would not worry at all about the bass distorting or overpowering the detail or clarity of the sound.  There is a noticeable difference in the  at 50HZ (as he says in the video) but it does not take away from anything else...it just adds more energy.  I don't think you will be disappointed with either pair.  I'm still undecided, but leaning towards the 16's...like I said, I'd rather have the extra drivers and not need them than need the extra drivers and not have them.  If you prefer a more neutral sound, the 13's are more neutral.  If you prefer a little more energy, go with the 16's.  Sorry, I'm not more helpful, there really isn't a wrong decision here.

May 19, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #58 of 136
Quote:
I opted for the JH3A because I have more control of the base. I also upgraded the cable to the Silver Dragon and the combination produces a sound that amazes me. If you do this, be sure to buy the adaptor that lets you connect to any device. I also have a pair of Miracles which I use for running. They're ok, but nowhere near the sound quality of the JH 16. They don't sound as vibrant as my JH5's and they use what looks to,me as the same cable.

Good to hear this since I am also tempted by the 3A v/s the JH16 only.  But I have 2 questions :

- What source do you use for this 3A since it does not has Optical in and its USB in is limited (seems that only COAX will use it at it's full potential).

- I am tempted bu the JH-3A, but.... I am still comparing this integrated solution against JH16 + a separate portable high/End DAC/AMP because... I am stil quite septical with this solution because I have the impression that the DAC + the 3 amps fitted in this tinny box can NOT be as good quality as a dedicated portable DAC/AMP like for example the CEntrance Hifi-M8 (that I also have on order).

--> so, does the "synergy" between the AMP and the IEM really compensate for the lower quality (I believe) of the internal DAC and Amps fited in the  JH-3A ?

PS: did you also considered the UM PP6 instead of the JH-3A/16 ?

May 22, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #59 of 136
I just purchased the JH13 after having the same debate. I cannot compare them to the 16's but I am extremly happy so far and I do not feel like they are lacking any bass at all.

BTW they seem to have upgraded their case to a very cool and pocket fitting silver one. 

May 22, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #60 of 136
13 > 16

Users who are viewing this thread

Back