JH 16 VS JH 13 HELP~~
Mar 27, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #31 of 136
I opted for the JH3A because I have more control of the base. I also upgraded the cable to the Silver Dragon and the combination produces a sound that amazes me. If you do this, be sure to buy the adaptor that lets you connect to any device. I also have a pair of Miracles which I use for running. They're ok, but nowhere near the sound quality of the JH 16. They don't sound as vibrant as my JH5's and they use what looks to,me as the same cable.

Mar 27, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #32 of 136
Quote:
I got sucked into this big time.  Started out with the JH 16's, then I started looking at ALO amps, then just took the total leap of faith for the JH-3A plus the rush charge should have mine 4/4, cant wait.

When did you place your order ? I placed mine couple of days ago and went for the Jh16's because they said that the Jh-3A isn't available anytime soon !

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #38 of 136
I was thinking about custom art work, and I just used the Ferrari logo as on my sig.  Love the red car always have, and been a F 1 fan for years.  Think about something you like, and a image associated with it.

Mar 27, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #39 of 136
I ordered them 15 days ago, but they just got in like 80 or so amps.  Today they said they have fourty amp's sold, so I just wanted to make sure I got one.

I know they were having trouble getting the amps, they just came today, because yesterday I called and they were not there

Mar 28, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #44 of 136
Quote:

No.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/485170/review-clash-of-the-titans-3d-jh16-pro-vs-jh13-pro

Old versions so not entirely relevant. That said read with a grain.

I'm sorry but this whole EQ thing and horses for courses thing has me baffled. I have never found that my favorite kit was genre specific. There's something about headphones and extra bass that's simply become a norm. Especially some extra midbass to balance out the common sparkle peak most IEMs possess. Why so many are U shaped.

I came to IEMs later and find that an emphasis like that can really limit my pleasure and I'm not an analytical guy. I consider an etymotic or RE0 somewhat bass shy of accurate as well. I guess it goes to taste but my reference is recordings made in my presence with equipment I know. Doesn't change the fact that I tend to prefer that same headphone with Nelly, Radiohead, Oscar Peterson or Solti. For me that's the 13 for normal environments with good associated kit. Hard to go wrong here with either but for me, the choice was easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back