JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:47 AM Post #498 of 626
Im exhausted from this. Too many lies. In my first conversation with Jennifer I told her I was sending her my R10s that Mikhail had recabled to balanced. Now she says I sent her my phones without even telling her that someone had ever worked on them previously. Did I think she wouldn't notice? That was the whole point in sending them to her in the first place. Of course I told her that Mikhail had recabled them. I had opportunity to speak with Jennifer multiple times over the course of this work. At no point did she even suggest that she had found anything more than the splicing job done previously by Mikhail. There is no question that she is not telling the truth.
I wish I had a recording of our conversation where I confronted her with the botched repair job. Her silence was an immediate admission of responsibility. This followed by "Well, what do you want?" That first 30 sec of the conversation where she was caught off guard was her only honest communication to date about what really happened.
Does anyone really think that JL mailed me back my headphones first and then waited several weeks to negotiate payment? OMG. She didn't send them out until I relinquished $1000 through paypal. The documentation of those facts are easy to prove. The reason why I didn't say anything more after the HPs were returned to me the last time was because all the other times I had complained I was told it was my hearing and that the HPs were perfect. Hence the reason I searched elsewhere for answers since clearly they didn't seem to think there was a problem.
To those who have suggested that since I am a first time poster I might not be credible I assure you this is not the case as I outined in the beginning. I am reminded now also that it was Tom Hankins who first introduced me to the goodness that is HP listening and Headfi. He is someone else who can speak to my credibility. Thanks Tom.
All in all the more I see Jennifer post her lies(which are getting worse and worse) the more disgusted I become. I know I don't need to be posting further since she seems to dig her own grave just fine. Just the same some things need to be said.

Apr 29, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #499 of 626
JL should have stuck with their first message and messenger, at least that left some doubt; Now they have both spoken up too much and removed all doubt by their own storylines... That's what I've learned...

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:01 AM Post #501 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boilingfrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im exhausted from this. Too many lies. In my first conversation with Jennifer I told her I was sending her my R10s that Mikhail had recabled to balanced. Now she says I sent her my phones without even telling her that someone had ever worked on them previously. Did I think she wouldn't notice? That was the whole point in sending them to her in the first place. Of course I told her that Mikhail had recabled them. I had opportunity to speak with Jennifer multiple times over the course of this work. At no point did she even suggest that she had found anything more than the splicing job done previously by Mikhail. There is no question that she is not telling the truth.
I wish I had a recording of our conversation where I confronted her with the botched repair job. Her silence was an immediate admission of responsibility. This followed by "Well, what do you want?" That first 30 sec of the conversation where she was caught off guard was her only honest communication to date about what really happened.
Does anyone really think that JL mailed me back my headphones first and then waited several weeks to negotiate payment? OMG. She didn't send them out until I relinquished $1000 through paypal. The documentation of those facts are easy to prove. The reason why I didn't say anything more after the HPs were returned to me the last time was because all the other times I had complained I was told it was my hearing and that the HPs were perfect. Hence the reason I searched elsewhere for answers since clearly they didn't seem to think there was a problem.
To those who have suggested that since I am a first time poster I might not be credible I assure you this is not the case as I outined in the beginning. I am reminded now also that it was Tom Hankins who first introduced me to the goodness that is HP listening and Headfi. He is someone else who can speak to my credibility. Thanks Tom.
All in all the more I see Jennifer post her lies(which are getting worse and worse) the more disgusted I become. I know I don't need to be posting further since she seems to dig her own grave just fine. Just the same some things need to be said.

Another thing that would clue her in that it was previously modded was THE NEW CABLE. Obviously if has a new cable on it that someone put it there.

I wondered why they didnt tell you about the damages prior to fixing them. I mean, what do you think people will think? Even when you take a car into the shop, they verify that there is any damage on the car prior to make sure people dont say "hey you put a dent on my car".

When JL opened it up and saw the damage they should of stopped right that second and contacted BF to inform him. Them not doing that only says that they were responsible for the damage and were covering up for it.

Really sucks this happened to you BF, sorry for your R10s....hope they are all better and back pleasing you ears.

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:18 AM Post #502 of 626
Assuming there was already damage to the headphone when JL received them. They said nothing but went ahead to repair them. Why they did not just stop and inform BF or send them back/decline the repair? Because of greed. They thought they could easily fix the defects and recable the headphones and charge BF an expensive fee.

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #503 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by JENA Labs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had the phones never been take apart, this would likely never been a problem.

I agree with this part. The rest... not so much.

But I do hope Jena Labs keeps posting. The entertainment value continues to climb.

popcorn_10000.jpg

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:44 AM Post #504 of 626
so now JL has essentially pushed the blame to singlepower and bullfrog, this may go down as the most short sighted customer service debacle of all time. At this point JL can't come clean as it kills the slim semblance of integrity they have and it is razor thin at this point. Sad to see a company ruin it's rep over a relatively small amount of cash. A good reputation is built over years of hard work and a poor one is made with one lapse in integrity, like the one we have seen here. I am sure JL will score sales from hapless audio people that fall for their massively overprice cables but for those that do a google search those folks will stay away.

Apr 29, 2008 at 5:57 AM Post #505 of 626
I think that if they really did do it, they would of shown more character by fessing up and say they messed up. No body is perfect. We all make mistakes...however how we handle them shows much more. IN the end the $1K they made will never make up for the damage to their rep.

In the least i would of not charged him for the work and sent back the headphones. I dont think its fair to charge him to replace the his R10s to stock if he wasnt happy with the work done.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:08 AM Post #506 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riboge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You boggle the mind with basic incomprehension underlying impressive but irrelevant justifications. I made no defense of him whom I called stupid and of whom I said he showed bad judgment, etc. I was commenting on the likes of you straight out for your over-board indignation and substitution of fascination for your own inner machinations and suppositions for sufficient facts to reach such firm conclusions. I see how he did all that you describe and how aggravating it was. What I don't see is how that justifies your actions or conclusions about anything. His asking for it does not justify or excuse your perpetrating it on him and, worse, enjoying it so much. You must have heard that two wrongs don't make a right very early in your life. That and the golden rule are as simple and fundamental as it gets. No amount of brilliant diatribing overrules either of these.

My comprehension skills are not lacking. Let's look at your post! Dripping as it is with indignation, black and white judgments of members, and exhibiting every trait you rail against, I comprehend that the irony in this post is pure win!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to Jena Labs, BoilingFrog is straight up lying and has threatened them with libelous comments to ruin their reputation. According to Jena Labs, Mikhail must have twisted and turned the drivers to find out he could not get them out. According to Jena Labs, Mikhail and any and all prior owners of the R10s in question caused all PREEXISTING damage, including the damage to the pads and cushions, the voice coil, and perhaps other areas. According to Jena Labs, BoilingFrog and/or Alex reassembled the R10s and caused the "ripped lead wires" that Alex claims he found upon opening up the cans. According to Jena Labs, they did not have to inform their customer of the delicate and serious "repair" they did to the voice coil at any juncture even though they have claimed he was complaining about sound quality and shorting issues. According to Jena Labs, they were entitled to $1000 even though they did not sell BoilingFrog an "upgrade" cable and merely swapped cables on it to rectify deficiencies in the mind of their customer. According to Jena Labs, BoilingFrog is not entitled to a refund of the $1000 because they worked real hard on these cans and shipped them to him 3 times.

On balance, according to Jena Labs, they did everything right and everybody else behaved badly and caused all of these troubles and all of the damage to the R10s. Puhlease!
rolleyes.gif
I do agree that this is a "loose/loose deal" as Jena Labs suggests: their loose business practices and loose ethics let loose this maelstrom against them. I don't agree that they have learned any lessons from this experience because their latest explanation comes across as disingenuous and as pointless as the rest.

Just about covers it all. Even after JenaLabs's latest damage control post, and boilingfrog's new comments, Voltron's summed it up pretty nicely. JenaLabs's own words take us step by step through loose business practices and looser ethics. They, and only they, created all the problems they have now, regardless of any, if any, prior damage to the R10s. Still they insist they are completely in the right, and everyone else is wrong or misguided. What colossal arrogance! Do they think readers of this forum are blind or stupid to all that they've said and done (emails, website)? We really should give them some kind of award. They've earned it.

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #507 of 626
What has JENA Labs gained from all this? I'm just frickin' curious? Do they have a cult following? Where has been the wool been pulled? Really?

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:24 AM Post #508 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG POPPA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What has JENA Labs gained from all this? I'm just frickin' curious? Do they have a cult following? Where has been the wool been pulled? Really?

$1k and a bad rep =( hardly seems worth it...

Apr 29, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #509 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by HighLife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
$1k and a bad rep =( hardly seems worth it...

That is just a shame. I could have done without the money myself, if it was me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back