JenaLab recabled R10
Apr 29, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #572 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks man! You obviously do as well and I respect that. I've thoroughly enjoyed the pictures you've provided thus far.

BTW...a bit off topic...but what is that cool looking amplifier in your avatar? Never seen that one before.

The Darling 1626, a DIY project many build. The amp is a SET based on the 1626 power triode .... delivering 0.75 watt. The tube compliment for the amp shown is a 12sl7gt driving the 1626 x 2. The amp should be here by Friday so I will be giving some impressions soon.

This amp does not have a headphone jack so I am converting a senn cable to spades and using the speaker outputs.

ea5a_12.jpg

e832_12.jpg

e5bd_12.jpg

3968_12.jpg

and here is a good link about the amps ....

Darling Club

Apr 30, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #574 of 626
I must say, the only further useful purpose in Riboge, boomana and the like's posts are the cool pictures people come up to use as replies afterwards.

I was reading a series of short stories by Rudyard Kipling from around a century ago (Stalky and Co.) where a boy was trapped in an embarrassing situation, after which he was publicly demolished when trying to deny the events. After the demolishing, his mates said to effect, "If you'd admitted you'd [done it] it would have been a thousand times better." A century ago. People never learn...

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #575 of 626
It seems for certain Jena Labs will lose a lot of business now. But I am curious whether merchants such as ALO will also be affected. Ken uses JL wires in a lot of his mods and I wonder whether head-fi memebers will boycott the use of JL brand wires.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:53 AM Post #576 of 626
I was wondering that too. I feel sorry for Ken, who's going to be caught up in this as collateral damage. Then again, after a week or two everyone will have forgotten about the drama and just get on with life. Might be interesting to ask him in a couple of months if he's noticed any significant drop in sales.

Apr 30, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #578 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was wondering that too. I feel sorry for Ken, who's going to be caught up in this as collateral damage. Then again, after a week or two everyone will have forgotten about the drama and just get on with life. Might be interesting to ask him in a couple of months if he's noticed any significant drop in sales.

Yeah I am sort of high list to be bummed about all this. I have been searching for other suitable conductors for a long time now to use in my builds just so I can have some needed insulation against things like this, supply interruptions or pricing problems.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 1, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #579 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by drlee27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems for certain Jena Labs will lose a lot of business now. But I am curious whether merchants such as ALO will also be affected. Ken uses JL wires in a lot of his mods and I wonder whether head-fi memebers will boycott the use of JL brand wires.

Not necessarily, headphone recabling is a very small market for JL. People will be wary of sending their headphones to JL to recable, but I don't think it'll stop people from buying JL cables or headphones recabled by others even if it uses JL cables.

May 1, 2008 at 1:08 AM Post #580 of 626
I still don't understand why Ken agreed with Janna about Boilfrog recabled R10's sounding wonderful.. & "The Best I heard", When the owner clearly stated that the headphones sounded very muffled, among other things.. Maybe Ken is covering for Jenna?

May 1, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #581 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragonix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think it'll stop people from buying JL cables or headphones recabled by others even if it uses JL cables.

I think you may be wrong.

Ken is in an unfortunate situation. There will be those who will still buy from Ken, but I would bet my entire system that his sales will go down in the following months because of the cables he uses comes from a company not well respected.

Situations like this happen all too often (non-audio), and the companies like ALO almost always suffer.

I hope I am wrong and I hope that will not be the case for Ken. (even though I don't care much for the JL wire from previous experience)

May 1, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #582 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you may be wrong.

Ken is in an unfortunate situation. There will be those who will still buy from Ken, but I would bet my entire system that his sales will go down in the following months because of the cables he uses comes from a company not well respected.

Situations like this happen all too often (non-audio), and the companies like ALO almost always suffer.

I hope I am wrong and I hope that will not be the case for Ken. (even though I don't care much for the JL wire from previous experience)

Yeah, I also kinda feel bad for ALO since they are a client of JL. Bad pr like this really can kill sales if you aren't careful. Many people on head-fi understand the situation though so I really hope Ken doesn't lose any customers.

May 1, 2008 at 1:30 AM Post #583 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by FooTemps /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I also kinda feel bad for ALO since they are a client of JL. Bad pr like this really can kill sales if you aren't careful. Many people on head-fi understand the situation though so I really hope Ken doesn't lose any customers.

I'd imagine it's kind of a catch 22 for some people, they won't want to hurt Ken/ALO but at the same time won't want to support Jena by buying from him.

May 1, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #584 of 626
ALO should offer customers a choice besides the tarnish JL brand. given the situation it would go a long way and work towards repairing JL's mangled reputation (and benefit ALO too), if JL at minimum refunded BF the $1000 and an additional goodwill gesture would be to reimburse the cost, if any, for the repair job Alex did. in my experience, JL's actions are so typical where a company or even a person accused denies all liability and aren't easily motivated to do much of anything without a little teeth pulling. it's never too late to make amends and doing the right thing even if it's considered a goodwill gesture can be chalked up as a risk/cost of doing business and doesn't necessarily admit fault.

May 1, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #585 of 626
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still don't understand why Ken agreed with Janna about Boilfrog recabled R10's sounding wonderful.. & "The Best I heard", When the owner clearly stated that the headphones sounded very muffled, among other things.. Maybe Ken is covering for Jenna?

Don't fall into Jena's trap of including Ken in this. He really has no reason to be blamed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back