Jecklin Float(er) Program
Dec 10, 2004 at 5:03 PM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
I've always envisioned that they should be covered in leather with an old school single bar face guard attached, chin strap optional. Either that or make a welding mask out of them.

Maybe make them into a head vice, complete with threaded bar and handle. Will fit anyone and can be used for small home improvement projects.

I will be interested to take a look at them and see if any light bulbs turn on... hmm, a good miner's hat could be made with duct tape and flashlight
icon10.gif

I think you've been inhaling too many bublinga wood chips, my friend.

Dec 11, 2004 at 5:51 AM Post #47 of 60
Oh man these things arrive from Romanee today... I cannot keep a straight face on no matter what. These are going to be loads of fun at the meet!

Dec 11, 2004 at 6:22 AM Post #48 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Oh man these things arrive from Romanee today... I cannot keep a straight face on no matter what. These are going to be loads of fun at the meet!

Agreed! They're ugly, and a BIG ugly at that... but put them on (alone and in the dark!) and give them a listen, and then tell us what you think. IMO, they compete farily well sound-wise for $130.

Dec 22, 2004 at 5:15 AM Post #49 of 60
Well the Pittsburgh meet was a success, check out the other forum for impressions. Anyways, does ReasonablyLucid get the Floats next?

Dec 22, 2004 at 4:24 PM Post #51 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
I think so, want me to PM you my shipping addy?

btw Wmcmanus: where can you buy these anyway? I did a google search but nothing much turned up.
I might want to get a pair just for ****s'n'giggles
tongue.gif

After the holidays when I return to Cayman, I'll check to see if I can find a receipt for them. IIRC, it was from a company in the Netherlands, but I'm not 100% sure. I remember that they were out of the "Model Two" Floats and the "Model One" pair (if you can call "it" a "pair" since it's all one piece) that I bought may have been the last one they had in stock. They must be out of production. I can't imagine why... because they're so lovely!

Dec 22, 2004 at 4:47 PM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
I think so, want me to PM you my shipping addy?

btw Wmcmanus: where can you buy these anyway? I did a google search but nothing much turned up.
I might want to get a pair just for ****s'n'giggles
tongue.gif

Yeah sure, I'll just ship these out whenever I have some free time. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 28, 2004 at 8:32 AM Post #54 of 60
Thanks Wayne for loaning out the "Floats" for the Pittsburgh meet. I thought they sounded pretty darn good actually. It's a pity that some people think their too ugly to be takin' seriously.
eek.gif
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #57 of 60
Good question, ReasonablyLucid!

I guess you can hang on to them until somebody else speaks up. Anyone organizing a meet during March who is interested in hearing the Floats and taking some goofy pics?

Mar 4, 2005 at 11:09 PM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Good question, ReasonablyLucid!

I guess you can hang on to them until somebody else speaks up. Anyone organizing a meet during March who is interested in hearing the Floats and taking some goofy pics?

Hi Wayne,

Thrice is organizing a meet for the end of March in MD, but I'll be helping out. I'd be willing to take some goofy pics
wink.gif

Mar 4, 2005 at 11:31 PM Post #59 of 60
Sounds good, Hirsch. AFAIK, ReasonablyLucid still has them in him possession. Just send him a PM to see what the status is, and you guys arrange it from there.

Jun 2, 2005 at 1:17 PM Post #60 of 60
Bump for anyone who is organizing a meet and might like to have a "pair" of Jecklin Floats in attendance. Is pair the correct word for this sexy one-peice bathing suit of a headset? They were last seen in the state of Washington where their stunningly good looks are said to have a caused a 20 car pile up.

Please contact ReasonablyLucid via PM if you would like to have them sent to your upcoming meet. Let's get them on the summer circuit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back