Jecklin Float(er) Program
Jul 6, 2004 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 60

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
The term "program" is perhaps too sophisticated for what I have in mind, but the idea is to send my Jecklin Floats out to anyone hosting a head-fi meet; thus, the Floats would become Floaters.

I've had the pleasure of travelling to three head-fi meets in recent months (New York, Southern California, and Florida) and had a fantasitc time at each one. In my carry-on luggage, I always bring my trusty Floats because they provide for some great photo-ops and comic relief!

Canman was absolutely mezmerised in New York:
jenkins.jpg

Edwood began to think globally while wearing the Floats at the So Cal meet:
SoCalMeet_6-19-04_16jecklinfloats.jpg

And Mikhail, well... they don't do much for Mikhail, but they added to his fun in Florida.
biggrin.gif

MikhailFloats.jpg

This program will give more people a chance to have their mugs posted on head-fi and a Float pic will become a must for all first-time meet attendees! Included with the travel package will be a Guest Book that everyone who wears the Floats must sign along with a brief comment about how they felt about the experience and the impact they expect it will have on their lives.

And, hey, they don't sound half bad for AU$200, but unfortunately due to their "wide" open design (which allows far too much laughter to seep in), you won't really get a chance to hear what they can do under meet conditons.

I'll send them off to Jester who is organizing the Texas meet in Houston on July 24th, and he can then arrange to get them to the Chicago meet on July 31st, and then to Detroit on August 7th, and so on. So long as they keep moving, they don't need to come back to Cayman at any specific time.

(Ideally, people will treat them with respect and handle them as they would any other piece of gear at the meet they are attending.)

Jul 6, 2004 at 5:37 AM Post #3 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
You forgot about NeilPeart. It suits him best, IMHO.
wink.gif

That's true! He's using it as his avatar now.

Jul 6, 2004 at 11:38 PM Post #7 of 60
Jul 28, 2004 at 6:27 AM Post #8 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
SoCalMeet_6-19-04_16jecklinfloats.jpg

LOL, They really made me believe I could fly!
biggrin.gif

Very generous of you, Wayne.

Every should have a pic of themself in the Floats. In fact that should be a requirement of the "Floater" program. There must be at least one clear pic of a head-fier wearing the Floats.
evil_smiley.gif

And people, keep the evil blue painter's tape away from sticking to headphones. Evil evil stuff. Bad tape! Bad!
eek.gif

-Ed

Jul 28, 2004 at 7:36 AM Post #9 of 60
Thanks for your kind words, Ed. The Floater program is off to a slow start because the Houston meet got delayed unexpectedly. Paul (jester) has now sent them to Billy in Chicago so they should be there for this weekend's meet. Hopefully they will Float back to Houston some day soon when their meet is rescheduled. It would be nice to start a little photo albulm of Float pics!

Jul 28, 2004 at 7:44 AM Post #10 of 60
they arrived safely at my house today, sorry I have been really busy with work and all..should of told you earlier.

anyhow the floats are very odd but at the same very cool.

thank you for the opp for alot of new guys to say they tried these, I am one of those new guys.

chicago will love the floats!! and i will se who is brave enough for a pic...lol

they are sitting outside my room now, only for respect to you.

they will be making there way up to detroit next and maybe wisconsin i think rite?

Jul 28, 2004 at 7:56 AM Post #11 of 60
Thanks, Billy. They are scheduled for Chicago on July 31st, then Detroit on August 7th and Seattle on August 14th. Depending on what date the Houston meet is rescheduled for, that might still be possible too.

I'm not aware of an upcoming meet in Wisconsin, but that would be fine. In fact, there is no need for my involvement in terms of where they go so long as they keep Floating from meet to meet and making more people look like fools wearing them!

Jul 28, 2004 at 8:23 AM Post #13 of 60
Eric, they should go to Seattle right after the Detroit meet, which is on August 7th, allowing them to get there by the 14th.

Aug 20, 2004 at 4:43 AM Post #15 of 60
Too bad they never made it to Seattle. I know Mr nice guy Wayne didn't hold them up... who's the culprit??? Is someone that enthralled with them that they've whored them up or just a lazy bloke???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back