Jecklin Float(er) Program
Dec 6, 2004 at 6:14 PM Post #31 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
Romanee has the Jecklin Floats as he picked them up from gsferrari when he was in the city. Either Romanee or I will send the Floats to the Seattle meet. Please PM me with shipping details.

Alrighty, YGPM

Dec 6, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #32 of 60
I suppose there wouldn't be time for us Pittsburgher's to enjoy the Floats on Dec. 19th?

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:02 PM Post #33 of 60
hmmmm, there could be...

You'll just need to ship them ReasonablyLucid in Seattle for Jan 15.

Romanee has them now. I'll ask him if he can ship them to you instead of ReasonablyLucid. If he can do it in the next couple of days it shouldn't be a problem.

Anybody know appoximately how much it costs to ship these via Priority Mail?

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #34 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
hmmmm, there could be...

You'll just need to ship them ReasonablyLucid in Seattle for Jan 15.

Romanee has them now. I'll ask him if he can ship them to you instead of ReasonablyLucid. If he can do it in the next couple of days it shouldn't be a problem.

Anybody know appoximately how much it costs to ship these via Priority Mail?

Sonuds good, there will definately be time to get them to Reasonably Lucid by the 15th. Just shoot me a PM sometime, I'm always online
rolleyes.gif

Dec 9, 2004 at 8:24 AM Post #36 of 60
I shipped the well-cushioned Floats today via Priority Mail to Thaddy in Pittsburgh. Guru's dead on with the $10 call.

Cheers and a very tuneful holiday season to the Pittsburgh Ears! ... and Seattle Lobes beyond ...

Dec 9, 2004 at 2:31 PM Post #37 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
I shipped the well-cushioned Floats today via Priority Mail to Thaddy in Pittsburgh. Guru's dead on with the $10 call.

Cheers and a very tuneful holiday season to the Pittsburgh Ears! ... and Seattle Lobes beyond ...

Thanks Peter!

Dec 10, 2004 at 12:14 AM Post #38 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee

Yup, thanks a lot for that! ReasonablyLucid will be getting a PM once I am done with them
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone think we need a Float smilie?

Dec 10, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #40 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReasonablyLucid
Could we get them for the seattle meet?
smily_headphones1.gif

The Jecklins will be itchin' for a woody 'round here
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 4:55 AM Post #41 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xanadu777
The Jecklins will be itchin' for a woody 'round here
very_evil_smiley.gif

Larry, if you can do a woody mod on the Floats, go for it! I'm not saying I'll pay for it, but you can use the floating pair of Floats for your mad scientist lab experiments if you wish. Anything is possible, and I've long since learned never to underestimate Mr. Woody.
orphsmile.gif

Dec 10, 2004 at 7:12 AM Post #42 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
Larry, if you can do a woody mod on the Floats, go for it! I'm not saying I'll pay for it, but you can use the floating pair of Floats for your mad scientist lab experiments if you wish. Anything is possible, and I've long since learned never to underestimate Mr. Woody.
orphsmile.gif

LOL, I'm thinking bent plywood.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Dec 10, 2004 at 8:42 AM Post #44 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
LOL, I'm thinking bent plywood.
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

True, but with my big noggin, Larry would have to install hinges where the top piece joins the side pieces. With the one piece plastic mold, it wasn't designed to be at all flexible. Kind of a 'one size fits all' proposition, with the notion that if they made it big enough, the drivers wouldn't be sitting on anyone's ears, save the wide head types like me. I've tried, but just can't get them to rest comfortably on my mellon. But if there was ever a man for the job, that would be Larry!

Dec 10, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #45 of 60
I've always envisioned that they should be covered in leather with an old school single bar face guard attached, chin strap optional. Either that or make a welding mask out of them.

Maybe make them into a head vice, complete with threaded bar and handle. Will fit anyone and can be used for small home improvement projects.

I will be interested to take a look at them and see if any light bulbs turn on... hmm, a good miner's hat could be made with duct tape and flashlight
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back